This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faggots Bren?….oh yum!
    We used to eat them regularly when we lived in Cardiff. Brains faggots. Absolutely delish!
    Do you make your own or are they bought?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• My thought too, Nicos. I love faggots. No idea how to make them though. Do you need caul? No idea where I'd get that here.

If they're home-made, Bren, would you mind sharing your recipe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Faggots Bren?….oh yum!
        We used to eat them regularly when we lived in Cardiff. Brains faggots. Absolutely delish!
        Do you make your own or are they bought?
        Sorry Nicos and Snoop not home made but Brains faggots we've never had those before very tasty so we'll be buying them again.
        We used to buy Savoury Ducks that our old butcher used to make in the back of his shop they're similar but with a few different ingredients.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks, Bren. I had a look online and some recipes use caul, which isn't easy to get these days I imagine. This one, from the Beeb, uses packet stuffing mix, which you and I would have difficulty finding, Nicos. So then we'd have to work out a homemade dry stuffing mix... Might be worth making a load and freezing them, I guess.
          https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/faggots-onion-gravy

Comment

• Bulgar last night - with various veg, stuffed peppers and the last of our own broad beans.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• ^^^ good link thereSnoop - thanks!

Comment

• Mr Snoop wanted buns for assorted people in town. So another lot of those chocolate and orange magdalenas baked first thing. Terrible temptation. The diet did not start well this morning...

Anyway, fish baked in the oven with courgettes, asparagus and tomatoes for us this evening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  Thanks, Bren. I had a look online and some recipes use caul, which isn't easy to get these days I imagine. This one, from the Beeb, uses packet stuffing mix, which you and I would have difficulty finding, Nicos. So then we'd have to work out a homemade dry stuffing mix... Might be worth making a load and freezing them, I guess.
                  https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/faggots-onion-gravy
                  Thanks Snoop i've saved the recipe in my cooking folder.

Comment

• We had the pork pies, pickles, and salad etc last night but ended up having little jacket potatoes with it instead of bread. Little because the last bag of my last years potatoes seems to have no large ones.

As I now have a nearly whole loaf of bread and no room to freeze half of it I think tonight I'll make mushroom soup to have with bread and butter and garlic and herb croutons for Mr GF. I'm not a fan of eating croutons with soup but I must admit that between making them and before they get to the table about a quarter of them disappear.😋🤫
                    Last edited by greenishfing; 08-04-2022, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post

Thanks Snoop i've saved the recipe in my cooking folder.

……me too!

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                        I'm not a fan of eating croutons with soup but I must admit that between making them and before they get to the table about a quarter of them disappear.😋🤫
                        I always find that too GF - have to make 1/3 more than is actually wanted with the meal.. Love them with a mixed salad too

Chicken and spinach curry in a tomato based sauce for us with chapattis and salad.

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Veggie pasta tonight
                          Not feeling very adventurous

Comment

• This evening our usual Saturday tagliatelle and bol etc.

Comment

• The slow cooker is on with braising steak, onion, celery and carrot cooking slowly. We'll have it with mashed potatoes, broccoli aand beetroot.

Comment

• Spent too long at the neighbours' yesterday, so we had pork from the freezer with cabbage. Fish with all the same bits tonight.

Pudding: I've never eaten let alone made a sponge flan, but am thinking of giving it a go. Filled with pastry cream and raspberries (from the freezer). Anybody think this is a bad idea or can suggest a better filling combination? The recipe just says fruit with an apricot jam glaze, but that doesn't really appeal. It should also be noted I've never made pastry cream...

Also oatmeal bread.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X