Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’ve never made Far Snoop , but have bought it several times in Brittany. Usually made with prunes but I’ve seen it made with cherries and pears and apples. It’s nicer than clafoutis in my opinion.

Not sure about tonight’s meal- maybe pasta.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yesterdays pasta bake was a success. I used a short macaroni and not too much and I honestly don't think Mr GF really noticed it. He really enjoyed it. Just as well, as there's enough bolognese sauce in the freezer now for another day.

Today I'm going to put a stew in the slow cooker and I'll mix up some Yorkshire pudding batter too.

Comment

• OH has changed his mind

He’s fancying cauliflower cheese with lardons and a few mushrooms. That’ll be my preferred choice too…well, for today at least!

Your pasta bake sounds lovely gf

One interesting tip I picked up from my MIL is that when she made Yorkshire puddings, she’d hold back a bit of the mix and used it to thicken the beef juices. It made for a very pale gravy but it was delicious! Might be worth trying in your beef stew gf?…never tried it myself, but I guess that’d be pretty similar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
          OH has changed his mind

He’s fancying cauliflower cheese with lardons and a few mushrooms. That’ll be my preferred choice too…well, for today at least!

Your pasta bake sounds lovely gf

One interesting tip I picked up from my MIL is that when she made Yorkshire puddings, she’d hold back a bit of the mix and used it to thicken the beef juices. It made for a very pale gravy but it was delicious! Might be worth trying in your beef stew gf?…never tried it myself, but I guess that’d be pretty similar?
          Something I've always done, that my mother did, was always thicken the gravy with the last of pudding batter. Maybe it's a Yorkshire thing.

Comment

• Slow cooker brisket, onion, celery, parsnips, carrots, beer, herbs with sprouts and some roasties I'd got in the freezer.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Chicken curry with pilau rice.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Plenty leftover stew, so we'll probably have it with dumplings, mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Comment

• Roast Turkey, stuffing, baby potatoes, carrots and green beans. As the oven will be on for a couple of hours, I'd better get thinking what else I can put in to justify the cost!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Left over cauli cheese with a couple of courgette and turkey ‘flowers’ ( rolled up layers of turkey and thin slices of courgette turned on their sides) which I’d frozen a few months ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Slow cooker brisket, onion, celery, parsnips, carrots, beer, herbs with sprouts and some roasties I'd got in the freezer.
                      Same again today, but replacing the roast potatoes with mashed.

Comment

• Turkey stirfry with onions, peppers, mushrooms, garlic and rice.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Jacket potatoes with chilli, pitta breads, salad and pickles.

Comment

• Turkey and salad sandwiches
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• More fish and veg.

Also, a bit of bol sauce for the freezer and bread.

Comment

• Mr GF got his current favourite meal tonight, which is leek and potato soup with bread and butter.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X