Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the end, steamed cauli and carrots with the salmon last night. Actually very nice.

Hake steamed over courgettes in a tomato sauce tonight.

Made a lot of chocolate and orange muffins, most for gifts but plenty left for us. Made them with golden caster sugar from UK and tiny chocolate drops, which between them made all the difference I think. They rose really well and taste amazing. Best yet.

Comment

• I let Mr GF choose today. It looks as if it's going to be fish fingers, homemade tartare sauce, potato scallops in beer batter and peas.

Strawberries and cream.

Comment

• Courgette fritters with french beans
        Fresh plums for pud
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Something made with chicken today. I'm thinking curry with naan. If I can't think of anything more exciting I'll set some off in the slow cooker soon.

Strawberries and cream...again. I love Summer.
          Last edited by greenishfing; 29-07-2023, 08:52 AM.

Comment

• Turkey and mango curry and a spicy tomato and turkey curry, rice and homemade naan bread
            plums and cream for pud

Comment

• Off out, so no cooking for me. Probably the same as last week: pica pica (a series of small tapas) and an assortment of grilled local sausages and ribs, plus likely to be some kind of turrón sundae for pud.

Comment

• Breast of chicken curry with peppers, mushrooms and onions, with pilau rice.
                Cheese and crackers with a glass of red.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Beef casserole with jacket potatoes today.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Last night's curry was really good. I don't know if it was just because we haven't had any for what seemed like ages or if I did something different.

Tonight I'm thinking risotto, either salmon or smoked haddock, with sweetcorn, peas and anything else suitable hanging around in the bottom of the veg drawer in the 'fridge.

I'll go to the "Sainsbury's Local" about ¼ of a mile away for Mr GF's newspaper and see if they've got any nice fruit for afters.

Comment

• Sausage risotto with some courgette fritters.

Got a couple of loaves on the go. Will also make some pizza dough for tomorrow.

Comment

• Snoop, you are a bad influence. I'd no sooner read the word fritter than the thought of crispy batter was lodged firmly in my brain. A can of beer has just sneaked into my 'fridge and I'm thinking maybe a bit less risotto but a mini mountain of beer battered onion rings.

Oh,I did get more strawberries while I was out.

Comment

• We had a window of sunshine a little while ago….it started drizzling earlier on…perfect timing for our bbq

Comment

• It ended up being a pizza night!
                            I also tried my Omnia stovetop oven for making one pizza ( for the first time) at the same time rolling then cutting the pizza into rounds like cinnamon rolls. Didn’t cook thoroughly Will try once more but maybe with a hole cut in the middle instead so it’s not so thick.

Funny how you see pictures on the internet which look amazing ( as mine did) but mine wasn’t actually cooked through. I do wonder if theirs wasn’t either….,

Thinking of Snoop’s pain au raisin…I’m fancying custard!

Comment

• Steak, roast potatoes and a selection of veg.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Briam with mackerel using my Charlottes, courgettes, tomatoes and parsley.

Its one of my favourite courgette recipes.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/25...-and-potatoes/
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X