Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a big chunk of beef defrosting in the kitchen.
    I’ll make a small hotpot for Bonfire night ( not got many spuds) ; a small steak and kidney pie (as I only have 2 lamb kidneys) ; then some other beef based casserole/ curry with what’s left …probably for tonight. Need to have a think on that…..
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Decision made - beef stroganoff! Not had it for years!

Comment

• Lunchtime lotty snack of cheese and leeks on toast. Tonight tomato, onion and garlic sauce on top of pasta with spinach, feta and black olives.
        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Made a mammoth cottage pie ( without the mammoth in it) , enough for tomorrow's tea too.
          Northern England.

Comment

• Pork chops roasted in apple juice plus as much cabbage as I can fit on the plate. The chops are really only an excuse to eat cabbage. Not sure why but my autumn and winter brassicas have grown huge this year.

Comment

• Cabbage here too - probably with quiche

Comment

• No cabbage for me today, we're having Veggie burgers and salad for lunch then this evening cheese on toast.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Last nights chicken and vegetable soup really hit the spot with the fresh bread.
                  Husband's favourite again tonight. Prawn, courgette, pea and sweetcorn risotto. Hopefully some greenery at the allotment for a side salad.
                  I've realised that we haven't had Yorkshire pudding for months so I'm already considering either stew and Yorkshire pudding for tomorrow or toad in (or out) of the hole.
                  Much as I love all the salads and Summer vegetables there is something really satisfying about warm Winter favourites.

Comment

• Chicken Jalfrezi last night (with plenty of frozen peppers), served with rocket and fresh toms in chapatti wraps.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Traditional Bonfire Night Hotpot with cooked beetroot.
                      Parkin for pud

Comment

• Sausage, eggs and chips this evening.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• More minestrone soup.

Comment

• Tonight Yorkshire pudding, sausage, lots of fried onions, mashed potatoes, carrots, cabbage, beetroot and gravy. In fact I'll go and mix the Yorkshire pudding batter now and put it in the fridge.
                            Last edited by greenishfing; 05-11-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Cajun chicken, fennel cooked in lime juice, brown rice with radicchio and rocket salad.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• More chops. Mr Snoop has asked for them roasted in apple juice again. Plus assorted veg.
                                Also, a thing called coca de membrillo. A sweet yeasted dough base with slices of quince on top. Never made it before but have eaten it before, made by old ladies in the village.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X