Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funnily enough my lasagna has one layer of pasta, one of courgette and again one of pasta with the meat and sauce layers in between. Plus more left over chunks of sliced courgette pieces on the very top in the white sauce . So basically a hybrid.
    In the past I found no pasta at all made it a bit sloppy.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Chez Snoop this evening, omelettes, French fries and salad. We didn't have chips at the weekend in the end, so we'll have them today because I am feeling mighty lazy and they're frozen, so no effort whatsoever.

Comment

• Briam with Stilton this evening using my toms, courgettes, charlottes and oregano.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Nibbles of baby tomatoes, anchovy stuffed olives and feta.

Salmon, new potatoes, either parsley sauce or tartare sauce, carrots and broccoli.

Strawberries and cream.

I'm also going to make some banana loaves as I've got ripe bananas.

Comment

• I think I've got some fishcakes in the freezer, so mushy peas with them then fruit and cream. I'm trying to find the energy and enthusiasm to make a lasagne for tomorrow and cheeseburgers for Saturday, but I'm struggling!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Off up the valley for supper.

Bread and buns for the freezer.

Comment

• Thai fish curry and blackberry and apples with ice cream for pud. Doesn’t quite follow does it!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Thai fish curry and blackberry and apples with ice cream for pud. Doesn’t quite follow does it!?
                  Why on earth not?????

Comment

• Chilli con carne rice.
                    Rhubarb and custard for desert.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Veggie Lasagne with salad this evening.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I'm thinking curry tonight, probably chicken and potato with naan.

Strawberries and cream.

I haven't made the banana loaves yet. I've found the recipe, I'd written it on the back page of the W.I. cookery book. I've also put some liners in my loaf tins. I used to hate having to line cake and loaf tins as it was always my job as a child on my mother's baking day.
                        Last edited by greenishfing; 24-08-2023, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• I managed to find the energy to make lasagne, so two portions for tonight and two in the freezer. They are rather on the large size, so maybe only an ice lolly after, unless I make an Apple pie ......
                          Last edited by Florence Fennel; 24-08-2023, 09:10 AM.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Rerun of the quail with figs we had the other day. No hardship, but necessary as the gas fridge/freezer ran out of bottled gas again... Oops.

Didn't make bread or buns yesterday. Bread necessary today but rather than buns, I might make a ginger cake for the weekend.

Comment

• Fish with a small tumble salad as a side.
                              An orange for pud.

Comment

• I made the mistake yesterday of asking Mr GF if he fancied chicken curry before I set the slow cooker off. He said he'd prefer chicken soup. I think he might have been influenced by the smell of fresh bread as the breadmaker was just finishing. Anyway the curry changed to chicken and vegetable soup with bread and butter. We had nibbles of olives stuffed with anchovies and cubes of feta cheese first and finished with strawberries and cream.

I did eventually make three banana loaves.

Today he's already put in a request for fish fingers. He'll get them with potato scallops in beer batter, peas and homemade tartare sauce. He'll probably get the same nibbles again beforehand.

When I go out later I'll get some fresh more fresh fruit, probably strawberries for dessert.
                                Last edited by greenishfing; 25-08-2023, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X