Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night: pork loin slices flip-flopped in ras el-hanout and a crispy crumb coating with green beans.
    Tonight: last of the pork with cabbage and a Yorkshire pud.

Bread rolls. I'm resisting the Welsh griddle cakes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Last night: pork loin slices flip-flopped in ras el-hanout and a crispy crumb coating with green beans.
      Tonight: last of the pork with cabbage and a Yorkshire pud.

Bread rolls. I'm resisting the Welsh griddle cakes...
      I've never tried/used ras al-hanout but it sounded interesting so I've just investigated it on google, had a peep in the reasonably tidy spice drawer and decided I've got everything I need to make some. I think I might mix some and give it a try on some chicken next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post

I've never tried/used ras al-hanout but it sounded interesting so I've just investigated it on google, had a peep in the reasonably tidy spice drawer and decided I've got everything I need to make some. I think I might mix some and give it a try on some chicken next week.
        Hope you like it. It's one of our favourites.

Comment

• Just a heads up - that salmon and leek parcel was amazing.
          I added some smoked salmon and used mascarpone cheese for the sauce.
          Will definitely be having that again!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Smoked salmon risotto with black kale florets.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Pasta tuna bake.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lunchtime snack of crackers with (black) seaweed pearls and marinaded herring (been to Ikea this morning ).
                Tonight - black olive, onion and jalapeno - sourdough pizza.
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• I was planning on making chicken something today (soup or curry probably) and had taken what I thought was skinless, boneless chicken thighs out of the freezer to defrost.

However when the chicken thighs defrosted they magically turned into pork loin steaks....so I've had to have a rethink. I think I'll beat them thin, egg and breadcrumb and shallow fry them. We'll have them with a sage sauce, potato dauphinoise, carrots, french beans and beetroot.
                  Last edited by greenishfing; 02-03-2022, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• Finishing off the salmon with some pasta and a side salad
                    Oranges for pud

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                      I was planning on making chicken something today (soup or curry probably) and had taken what I thought was skinless, boneless chicken thighs out of the freezer to defrost.

However when the chicken thighs defrosted they magically turned into pork loin steaks....so I've had to have a rethink. I think I'll beat them thin, egg and breadcrumb and shallow fry them. We'll have them with a sage sauce, potato dauphinoise, carrots, french beans and beetroot.
                      Now's your chance to flip-flop the steaks in ras el-hanout. Or indeed anything you fancy. I've even used madras curry powder or garum masala. A definite cheat but sometimes I fancy something spicy but can't be bothered with the whole palaver of making a curry.

Anyway, for us, chicken breast fillets and some kind of veg. Probably cauliflower... Or purple sprouting... Or both, in fact.
                      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-03-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

Now's your chance to flip-flop the steaks in ras el-hanout. Or indeed anything you fancy. I've even used madras curry powder or garum masala. A definite cheat but sometimes I fancy something spicy but can't be bothered with the whole palaver of making a curry.

Anyway, for us, chicken breast fillets and some kind of veg. Probably cauliflower... Or purple sprouting... Or both, in fact.
                        I actually read this after I had already made breadcrumbs, mixed them with lots of sage, and egg and breadcrumbed the pork. However the rest of the meal has changed to roast mixed vegetables with some of last years oven roast and frozen tomatoes added and couscous.

Comment

• Veggie burgers and salad.

Comment

• Jacket potatoes, chilli with salad, pitta breads and pickles.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well yesterday's pork loin steaks were a really good mistake in the end. I stopped buying them ages ago after I bought some that were a bit tough. I think they might end up on my regular shopping list again.

Tonight is definitely going to be chicken and vegetable curry with naan

Comment

• Left overs again tonight - we unintentionally made far too much pasta last night.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X