Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More leek & potato soup for me. He had pasta pesto.

Comment

• £1.75 tesco pizza

sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Shall be batch cooking leek and potato soup as have vast quantities of leeks to get through. Will probably eat Nacho's with cheese, tomatoes and sour cream as soup will be ready to late. Got a loaf proving as well.
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Risotto (including ellie garlic greens), topped with black kale florets.
          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Monk fish with spicy stir fry
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Minced steak, peppers, mushrooms and onions with boiled potatoes and gravy.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• More of the pasta bake I made last week and froze. Garlic bread. I made more biscuits this afternoon. I think it's time to try them and make sure they are edible.

Comment

• Veggie chilli and jacket spud

Comment

• Originally posted by Chestnut View Post
                    Veggie chilli and jacket spud
                    We're having chilli and jacket potatoes tonight, not veggie though this time.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Our own Ratatouille preserved in a jar - baked in the oven with eggs
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• We had toad in the hole made with vegan sausages last night. Oh, and cabbage stir-fried with Korean chilli flakes. Need to put more of the chilli in next time, milder than expected. And sausages were by no means sausages, but not bad. Texture not as rubbery as they looked.

Batter might become the new bacon for the duration of the lockdown. Makes everything taste better!

Lunch today: stir-fried veg with rice, poached egg on top for Mr Snoop.
                        Supper: butternut squash soup

Some kind of sweet thing. Lemon, almond and polenta cake I think. Only problem is, it uses up a lot of butter. Mind you, we're getting through the biscuit supply, which might have to last us weeks. At least when you make your own, you know what went into it and precisely how bad it is for you!

Comment

• Fresh fishman was here today. So I bought what I normally buy for myself and an elderly relative. We only see him every 3 weeks or so. He says wholesale fish is cheap at the minute because normally all the French and Spanish restaurants buy lots but they are all shut. He was very well stocked as he said yesterday he was sold out by lunchtime so he bought extra for today.
                          Tonight therefore will be plaice fillet with homemade tartare sauce, potato scallops, carrots and PSB.

Comment

• Drizzly day so got creative with the pumpkin. Enough soup for a few days and a lasagne with some old pasta I found in the back of the cupboard with mascarpone and Parmesan cheese, looks ok if a bit wrinkly.

Comment

• Home made, deep, ham and egg pie using seven eggs. For afters a trifle with white chocolate shavings on top.

OH made the trifle and I made the pie. It wasn't too shabby for a first attempt.

Tonight sirloin steak I found at the back of the freezer with whatever veg I can muster.
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Pork chops, veggies ( mostly home grown ), mustard mashed potato & gravy.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X