• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guinea fowl with baked carrots and onions, broccoli and sweet potato
    Summer pudding for pud.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mushroom omelette, jacket sweet potato, onion rings in beer batter and homemade Waldorf salad.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
        Tonight will be haggis, mashed potato and swede, creamed leeks (just dug up), and carrots with a rosemary flavoured sauce.
        The rosemary sauce sounds interesting can you elaborate please. I have lots of rosemary in the poly tunnel and about 1 serving of carrots left in the raised beds. I would like to try the combination. Normally I have some salted butter and chopped parsley with my carrots

Comment

• Last couple of nights we’ve had liver & kidney on french garlic toast
          Toad in the hole with veggies & gravy
          Tonight leek & potato soup with french bread.

Comment

• Minced steak with onions, peppers, mushrooms and pilau rice.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Pan fried freshly caught trout.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Chicken tikka with rice

Comment

• Frittata and salad
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Veggie soup with a couple of slices of sourdough.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can the Man View Post
                      The rosemary sauce sounds interesting can you elaborate please. I have lots of rosemary in the poly tunnel and about 1 serving of carrots left in the raised beds. I would like to try the combination. Normally I have some salted butter and chopped parsley with my carrots
                      Firstly I gently heated a couple of fresh rosemary sprigs in a pan (wonderful aroma). Because we were having haggis (lamb) I made up some lamb oxo (about ½ a cube) and then added it to the rosemary and let it simmer. I removed the rosemary sprigs, added salt and pepper and thickened it with cornflour and added a splurge of cream at the end.

Comment

• Lunch for just me. Finished off the last of a packet of stuffed pasta. Sauce consisted of half a courgette fried up with a bit of garlic and a couple of slices of bacon. I won't tell Mr Snoop about the bacon. It was the good stuff. No idea when we'll be able to get more of it. The local shop sells pink boiled stuff. Goodness only knows what it really is but it sure ain't bacon. More like brawn, now I come to think of it.

Supper: pizza and salad.

Bread: the two loaves I started yesterday are due to go in the oven shortly.
                        Borlotti beans: found half a packet of dried beans at the back of the cupboard. Best before 2017. Soaked for 24 hours, bubbling away for three hours so far. Nearly cooked...

Comment

• Tonight smoked cod baked in milk for my husband, lamb steak with homemade mint jelly and gravy for me, potato dauphinoise, carrots and Savoy cabbage.

Comment

• Last night veggie risotto and salad. Tonight Bulgar wheat with mushrooms, sun dried toms, broadbeans, black kale and salad.
                            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Pumpkin & lentil lasagne.
                              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Bread pudding and custard...following the recipe Thelma pointed us to

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X