This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

High yesterday of 31 ºC, low last night (and now, in fact) of 7 ºC. Looks like maybe we will get frost soon after all. The smiles were still tucked up when I got up, as were Mr Snoop and the dogs. The sun's coming up, so I imagine the smiles will off and away shortly. Hope they find you all in fine fettle. Hope you wake up your usual bright and bouncy self, rary.

Got... oooh... bilions of things to do today. Unfortunately two at the same time, so that's going to be difficult. Better make a start.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning

Snoop i'm not sure how your plants cope with those extremes of temperature Take care Rary maybe have a bit of a rest today.

Laundry to hang out even though the forecast claims its raining here just now.

Enjoy your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning, and thanks Snoop, and yes I feel in fine fettle this morning I think it must have been a bit of reaction to the jags that was making me feel a bit low yesterday, though a day of taking it easy didn't do me any harm​​​​​​
        Temperature of 13c here at present and no break showing in the clouds, so could be another damp day again, but I will get out to the greenhouse and get it tidied up, I a bit of a mess after removing the trombo and tomatoes, so that will keep me busy for a time and when I have a spare week or two I might tidy up the hut then again I might not bother enjoy the day and remember it helps if you have a smile
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Late start for me and slow! I read quite a long time in bed but don't feel at all guilty, so I must be getting used to it. Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mist and fog today but at least it's stopped raining, went to look at the local burn it has burst it's banks but not as high as previous years and the low lying houses were dry, it must be scary living down there when we get the monsoons.

Comment

• Good morning.

I'm just waiting for my strawberry jam buns to cool and then we'll have elevenses.

The washer is grumbling away as the sun is trying to appear, contrary to the forecast and there is a strong wind. It's full of towels so I need sun and wind.

Mr GF is feeling sorry for himself today. I'll call at the surgery later and get him an appointment with a nurse for later this week. I've also been on the phone with his brother this morning, sorting out a couple of his problems.

I reckon the buns will be cool enough to eat now so I'm off to make coffee and tea.

Comment

• Afternoon, Its been lovely and sunny with a GH high of 31c so we've been out and about most of the afternoon just decided to bake some bread rolls.

Comment

• Good evening, it actually stayed dry for a time, plus the temperature went up to 16c. so decided to get some concrete mixed to seal the joints of the slabs making up the raised beds, had it mixed and starting to seal the joints when the rain came on and quite heavy, so had to shelter after about 3/4 of an hour the rain stopped and ci managed to finish my sealing now hoping it stays dry long enough for the concrete to set, not sure whither to cover the last bed with garden compost or go and collect some seaweed for it, I think I will post on the veg. thread for opinions, it's always good to see what others think.
                  Have a good evening and if you can't behave, be careful
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• This time of year is when I get seed catalogues, even when I bought on line, I must say there is something nice about going through them and this has set me off planning for next season. I draw a plan of the greenhouse, three raised beds and one bed that is slightly raised. but not in the big "railway sleepers" it had tatties in last year. So the list has been made of what I have, ruthlessly threw out older seeds(I'm a bit of a skinflint and hang onto them longer than I should really most have been opened and part sown/grown). I only need to buy Potatoes and Parsnips which I always get in the spring and the rest I have picked up in the garden centres end of season sales.
                    Plans have been drawn of what will be grown where and it won't be long before I sow next seasons Onion seeds in the electric propagator, followed by leeks and then tommies and chillies. Last year I experimented growing garden peas under glass, which was a success, so they will be sown early inside as well. This season may be all but over, but next is just round the corner.

Comment

• Morning

That's sound advice Burnie, planning makes all the difference.

It looks like being another sunny day here then it changes tomorrow to rain and low overnight temps.

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Morning all.

6 ºC start to the day. The overnight chill did not keep the boar at bay, mind. Trampling through my fenced-in veg patch it was last night.

Anyway, the forecast says bright today, but am stuck indoors at the computer. Sent in a horrendous job yesterday, really glad to have got that out the way. Got a long list of others to get through now... Feeling very bah humbuggish today, as you can tell. Sorry about that. I'll just help myself to one of your buns, GF, if that's OK with you. It'll cheer me up no end.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Chester's gone home now and it's a bit of a Good miss! Sunny here again. Keep smiling Snoop Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning.

A productive morning so far. I rang the surgery for an appointment for Mr GF at 8am and amazingly was only number 11 in the queue. I don't know why but I always seem to have a better result when I ring from my mobile rather than the landline. By 8.08 he had an appointment booked with a doctor. We've already been now .... all sorted out.

We've come back home for elevenses. A hot drink and a bun. Next job is shopping for us and Mr GF's brother (in his eighties). He also asked me if I could get him a little bottle of olive oil from the chemist for putting in his ears. I've just decanted him a bit of my stock into a little bottle. I'm sure it will do the job.

It feels quite chilly here at the moment, I had the heater on in the car earlier.

Comment

• Morning, hope you are all well! Been a dull start to the day. We are under a yellow weather warning for rain today which after the weekends deluge is not what we want to hear. So far it’s kept away…fingers crossed.
                              Spent a lovely few days in Cheltenham last week with family which was lovely. Can have a proper conversation now with our granddaughter which is fab. She’s at that bossy, asking questions stage sometimes it can be hilarious. She actually said ‘no problem mate’ when I asked her to do something. 2 ½ going on 22!
                              Anyhoo hope you are all keeping dry, enjoy the rest of your day. x
                              sigpic

Comment

• Suns out no rain, though some very black looking clouds to the north of us, the washing is on the line so it's bound to rain, a rain dance just like 22 folks dressed in white knocking 6 round bits of wood in the ground and hitting a chunk of leather with a slab of willow....................................

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X