Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening, the weathers disappointing its to cloudy here to see the planets i'll have to look for a video on-line tomorrow. Has anyone else had any luck?
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It’s been cloudy all day.
      Looks like we’ll have to wait until the next one eh?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. The last few stars are fading, no cloud so perhaps a few hours without rain today
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Just might have been possible to see the great conjunction but I didn't... Far too early, far too cold and I would havea had to climb a big hill to get a decent view of the horizon. So, a bit feeble on my part. But, it might not have been possible anyway as there was a big bank of cloud over that portion of the sky when I did eventually get up.

Very bright now and not a wisp of cloud anywhere in the sky. Lots to do, including making some buns for friends, so just as well it's sunny as I can use the food mixer with gay abandon.

Have a lovely day, everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            Evening, the weathers disappointing its to cloudy here to see the planets i'll have to look for a video on-line tomorrow. Has anyone else had any luck?
            Totally cloudy here all day yesterday, which was a shame as I would have liked to see the planets at their closest point. I did see them from my landing window on Sunday evening at around 4.30, when Jupiter was bright enough to see clearly just above the street lamp. It was too light to see Saturn with the naked eye but I found it with my binoculars and could even see its fuzzy rings, but there was too much light to see Jupiter's moons. I tried again later when I went to the stables at about 5.30, by which time it was darker but the planets had gone down behind the houses from home. Disappointingly although I had a clear horizon and no cloud, the sky was still too bright to see Saturn so near the horizon and I couldn't see any more than I had through the window at home.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Morning No rain due here today MH according to the met-office but we'll see.

Pen I tried a few times but it stayed cloudy all evening.

I best get on things to do, have a good day and stay safe.

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny and cold here. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all. Sunny here. Yesterday my husband attempted to lay down the law with one of his siblings, telling her that if she wanted to ignore texts and calls fine, but instead of us getting worried and jumping in the car and going round to check she was ok every time she did this, we would simply stop texting and ringing her instead. Wow! By 7am today I had had an unprompted text from her. Unheard of.
                  Just had a long hot muscle relaxing shower and am ready to face the day.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    A nice bright morning but it's just 1 deg.
                    I didnt get to see the planets either as it was so misty.
                    Visiting the garden centre this morning to pick up some pots of flower.
                    I have 6 graves to visit so need to get it done as there wont be a parking space to be had later in the week.
                    Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon n'alln'all

I thought I'd posted earlier but may have been too quick off .the mark moving on before it had gone through???

Cloudy all day - even now. I had hoped for a second chance to see the planets but can't see that happening.

Been working on the van all day trying to help with ripping up the floor. Nothing is ever simple is it???

Angle grinder and several metal cutting discs later OH is still only about 1/4 way through it! So much for buying a van with seat / wheelchair anchors and lift attatchments riveted onto the metal floor and Chasse !!!
                      Too dark to work now.

Comment

• Evening all, listening to Carols from Worcester Cathedral on Spotify(not live), we went to meet our son in law who was working in our county, so swapped sacks of gifts to ensure Grandchildren have lots on Christmas day, we will go to Perth, but only to meet outside and take their puppy for a walk. Our daughters birthday tomorrow, first time in her life we won't get to see her on the day, oh well, have to stay safe.

Comment

• Splishy, splashy splosh splosh.....
                          Anyone got anything better out there????

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your granddaughter Burnie.....it's soooo hard isn't it?
                            Thank goodness for the Internet eh? Not the same but compared to Victorian times with family in service too far away to visit, we do have it easier in comparison than most families back then.

I had a lovely long chat with my daughter today...32 weeks pregnant....I'd love to give her hugs....not seen her since early March - 2 months before she was pregnant....but there ya go....at least we can chat/ see each other using modern technology!
                            Not complaining...just happy/ grateful we can somehow keep in touch!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              Morning No rain due here today MH according to the met-office but we'll see..
                              Evening the forecast changed its rained here since just after lunch time and not stopped. I did get out and about this morning so its not to bad. the roads still have a fair bit of standing water though.

Enjoy your evening.

Comment

• Been raining all day today, despite the forecast being for good weather, so no gardening got done. Wrapped eldest's Christmas stocking presents, put them in a box and posted them to him this morning as he now won't be able to get home for Christmas due to the travel restrictions. It'll be his first Christmas away from home. He and his new flatmate get on well together so at least they won't be on their own on Christmas Day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X