This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

Actually, there's only one clock in this house that we have to remember to change, the one in the kitchen. The rest are all radio controlled (or on the computer, which sometimes seems to be controlled by not much more than a tiny person running around inside a wheel).

Bluish sky, lots of hazy cloud, perishing cold (decent frost in the fields), hunters out and about.

Lots to get on with today, so better get a move on.

Catch you all later. Have a great day.

Comment

• Well I had 3 clocks to change this morning. I've done 2 but the third has fallen behind the cooker. Drat!! Just got to remember to change the car clock when I go out. I made marmalade yesterday but never got round to lemon curd so hopefully I'll get round to that today although at the moment the weather is looking much better and I think I can hear the allotment calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        ...What gets you up so early on a daily basis MH...is it work?
        Used to be, and now I'm retired I can't get out of the habit. I actually prefer to be up early before the rest of the world, I enjoy the quiet and solitude. Not a people person, me.

I get backache if I stay in bed too, Flo. Another reason to be up and doing.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
          A nice sunny morning but its cold and breezy,
          It's a bank holiday here but nothing happening due to lockdown.
          Probably a gardening and pottering day.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello all,oh dear snoop,do not envy you with them rodents,our clocks got changed in the early hours,the other things changed by magic at 2am,sooo,before clock change that would be 3 am,i ventually went to bed,have not had a good couple of days,feeling bit brighter now,just so stressed out,plus some awful news of a friend,all are praying for her,so i took the bull by the hornes yesterday afternoon,and rang another agent,less than 2 hours later they came,and are now signed up,have gone with a company on the golden mile,a bit dearer,but so far are very professional,the other ones near us all seem to occupy the same pot,the ones in the city centre have no foot traffic,so am now back into trying to be patient until it is advertized again,the other's advertized it against the law with no epc,if not at first succeed,try again,and yes Nicos that was my intentions,if you think it inapropriate,please delite ,Snadger all the best with your scan,hope you get sorted lad,and Rary you should take more care of yourself,2 years ago i layed a few that size,but i used a sack barrow,as well as walking them,I to have to be very careful with joints,yes they are heavy,you have to find other ways of doing things,and a whole lot slower with rest between,i accept there are some things i cannot and would not do ,have a good afternoon stay safe and take care
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon, it has been mostly dry today and mild still got some tomatoes in the greenhouse, I have never pulled them as late as this before, FF I get backache if I lie in bed too long, though mine comes from OHs elbows, wanting me to get up and make a cuppa or so that she can get sterching out in bed, stretching out in a king size bed, she just wants my side of the bed, when I offer to change sides she won't do it, women are funny, and I don't mean funny haha finaly got my raised bed frame made and joints sealed with cement, will start filling it tomorrow, weather permitting, saddly LD I didn't. have room for a sack barrow , so they have to be moved manually, I want all these things done before I get old and unfit to do them, right teas about ready evedently tea is going to be a bit earlier now withe the clocks going back, I'm just hoping that it's day light that triggers OH think of tea that way I could be getting fed at three during the winter months a
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all, was up at usual time, I've not adjusted as fast as the clocks, went to meet our daughter and family along with their new puppy for a windy walk along the beach near Carnoustie, got our heads ruffled but at least it's dry. Still got a few jobs in the garden, but we need it to stay dry to get all of them done, the ground is very wet just now so I need to stay off the grass.....................and that's my excuse for not cutting the grass lol.

Comment

• Evening all.

My plan this morning was to go to allotment from 11.00am to 12 and then to go fishing until 2.00pm I only spent 1/2 an hour at allotment (even though I got quite a bit done) and fished until 1.30pm as I didn't want to leave OH too long.(and I was getting blown to bits)

I was amazed at the amount of cars about and there was roughly 20 parked up near to the water I fish. Luckily as a fishing club member we are given the code for the lock on the main gates and I was able to get my car close to the reservoir I fish.

Nothing doing with the fishing but it was exhilerating to say the least with waves 4 foot high on the water.Lots of people out walking around even though it was blowing a hooligan. I suppose, like me they were just getting stir crazy and the wind blew away the cobwebs.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    It was a very breezy day so decided to do the laundry,
                    Got it all out and dried in record time thanks to the strong wind..
                    Did a bit of weeding and deadheading, my dahlias are still flowering.
                    Not a very exciting day but at least the sun was shining.
                    Have a good night all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Not an exciting day here either. I never got the lemon curd made but never mind there's plenty marmalade. I ended up doing mainly the dreaded housework...well some. I remember, as a child, my grandma who, at the time, was younger than I am now telling me that it was a waste of time as you still had to do it again a few weeks later.
                      Just as well my husband is even messier and as easy going as I am.

Comment

• Morning all. Bit more of a chill in the air today but the sun's out.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning we have rain for the day mothhawk so wont be doing much outdoors apart from in my GH planting some lettuce in the boarders now most of the toms have finished.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, dry and still at the moment, if it stays like this we might go for a bit of a walk, birds have been fed, so need to feed me now, take care and make the most of the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                              Morning we have rain for the day mothhawk so wont be doing much outdoors apart from in my GH planting some lettuce in the boarders now most of the toms have finished.
                              What type of lettuce do you plant at this time of the year please? Are they seed or plugs? Do they withstand frost? I really fancy a Winter supply of lettuce.
                              Very grey and raining here this morning. I've got to go buy a new smartphone for an elderly relative and set it up for her. Does anyone know if there is a completely waterproof one that also bounces?

Comment

• ^The CIA seem to have phones like that if the TV programmes are anything to go by. But they look massive and heavy because of the case. I've just looked up rugged, waterproof phones in Google. I don't know what your budget is but they're not cheap...

Anyway, morning all. Bit late, Snadger, but I hope everything went well with the scan.

Bright blue but a chilly gale-force wind out there again. I'm staying indoors, as are the dogs and cats.

Plenty to keep me busy, as per. Catch you all later. Have a good one meanwhile. Stay safe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X