Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all just checking in, been having problems with my logon so decided to say Hi and test it out.
    East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Hi and welcome...your here now , so enjoy the site.

Comment

• Hello and welcome, NannyGreen.

Don't suppose you're a returnee are you? Signing in with a different name?

Comment

• Nope Snoop Puss not a returnee, but I'm here now although it did take a few weeks. See you are in Spain hope the crazy covid is not causing too many problems. I'm in Berkshire but I have no green wellies :-)

Still trying to work out how to do stuff here so you will all have to bear with me for a while.
          East Berkshire

Comment

• Hello and welcome, NannyGreen. this site was recently upgraded, so I'm still finding out how some stuff works as it's different from before.
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Hello and welcome to the vine NannyGreen

We do have a welcome forum if you fancy posting there to say Hi.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...oduce-yourself
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Welcome NannyGreen!
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Hi All and hello Nannygreen Sunny all day but I've been WFH so only been outside for breaks. Hope you get some peace now Lottie. Enjoy your evening All
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Thank you all so much for the lovely welcome made me feel right at home and looking forward to getting to 'know' you all
                    East Berkshire

Comment

• Welcome Nannygreen.
                      Its been a very busy day.
                      Had to go out this morning and then forgot an item and had to go out again early afternoon.
                      Spent the evening making tomato soup from Berkley Tie Dye and Black Icicle tomatoes.
                      That should free up some freezer space.
                      Hope all had a good day.
                      Storm Francis on the way so another day of flowers being battered.
                      Stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. I've been awake since silly O clock. I think it was the rain battering the bedroom window that woke me. I already knew the forecast today was bad so am planning making chutney and doing supermarket shopping among other jobs.

Comment

• Morning, looks like we'll all be sharing today wet and windy weather. I've Only been as far as the gate for milk and my GH to get a few toms but I think that will be it for the garden today.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Nice cool night (low of 14.7 ºC) but due to get into top 30s again today before plummeting at the weekend, when we're forecast an overnight low of just 6 ºC on Sunday and snow in our local mountains! Talk about unstable weather.

Covid isn't bad in our area, NG. There are a few cases, but very few. Just as well, as the population here is very elderly and it's 200 miles plus to the nearest ICU. However, this area has been extremely popular with Spanish tourists from big cities this year (probably all assuming, as it's so rural and there's not much to do, that nobody would come here. Sadly, a lot of the visitors haven't abided by the rules on social distancing and wearing a mask. So I'm a bit worried that we might have local outbreaks as a result. We ourselves live out in the sticks, at the fifth pine, as Spaniards say, and do our best to stay as isolated as possible, but we still have to go shopping and the like.

Not much news. I noticed this morning that the bird population has changed and we have some of our autumn residents already.

Best get the rest of the day underway.

Catch you all later. Have a good one.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Like everybody else, it's a wet and windy day.
                              Domestics and looking after my grandson this evening.
                              Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, the storms just arrived, so won't be going far today, stay safe all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X