X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Raining here again. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, and a very wet one again.

Nicos, 3 - 5 hours to cut the grass! How many acres do you have?! It takes me 15 minutes, I only have a tiny patch.

Time for the second brew of the day now.

Brrr, it's colder this morning. Have a good day all.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all, cool and breezy again, dry at the moment, but it won't last, just a bit of pottering around in the greenhouse today I think, keep warm and dry all and stay safe.

Comment

• Morning a wet day here as well at least its not windy with it so that's good. Only gardening will be in the GH, the borders could do with weeding.and toms cuc's tying in.
          Enjoy your day.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone. The rain is coming down like a waterfall here. I took some mince out of the freezer last night to batch bake pasta bake this morning. Nothing exciting on the agenda today. At some point this weekend I 've promised to buy a new smartphone for an elderly relative. I cannot convince her that there is actually nothing wrong with the one she's got and that her problems are herself. She sees me zapping round the internet on mine and can't understand why hers won't do the same. I'm in a quandary as I know she will be equally unhappy with a new one.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              A very wet and windy morni g here.
              Rain coming down in sheets and just 12 degs.
              No plans for the day but I am sure to find something to do.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good day to all, hoping everyone is keeping safe wherever and whatever you're up to

Sun is out here after the Mother and Father of all storms yesterday but my nose is telling me there is more rain nearby so making some naan having discovered an overdose of cucumbers. Cucumber soup and naan should keep me occupied indoors.

Expecting delivery of dirt from eldest daughter later so it better be fine tomorrow!
                East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Similar weather here again... waterfalls followed by hot sunshine!
                  MH -not sure of the acreage but we have 5 lawned areas all of which are fiddly shaped and then the field /lawned area which we have left some parts to grow long both for the wildlife and to cut down on the mowing
                  It was lush cow pasture and still needs mowing every 5 days in spring and autumn!

Greenishfing-how about letting her have a go on your phone so she can see that yours isn’t any easier?

My mother(93) bought the iPad Air the day after it came out and can still only manage to read the news on it
                  I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve been trying to explain how to use FB / emails/ goooogle etc which are all set up for her. Such a waste of money... but it was her call.
                  Last edited by Nicos; 28-08-2020, 10:32 AM.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thought you all might like to see some of the things we have been doing in our renovations?

Click image for larger version

Name:	64208DBE-1846-41A0-88E8-A13EC2953A04.jpeg
Views:	146
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	2507608Click image for larger version

Name:	077B3177-3868-4C62-8CE8-40121FBF7935.jpeg
Views:	136
Size:	384.3 KB
ID:	2507609

Comment

• Looks lovely, Nicos. I won't post any pictures of ours: Mr Snoop is currently wandering round in his undies making supports for loudspeakers. Not what you'll be wanting to see around lunchtime.

Very hot and muggy here. We're due a thunderstorm this afternoon and a bit of drizzle. But some proper rain tomorrow (1 cm/10 l per square metre). Not that much, but anything is better than nothing.

Not much other news. Had a relatively busy morning trying to combine breadmaking with roof repairs and dog walking. No paid work as yet, but there's the afternoon for that today.

Have a lovely day, everyone, despite the weather. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                        Greenishfing-how about letting her have a go on your phone so she can see that yours isn’t any easier?
                        Sorry ! She is so clumsy, heavy handed, impatient and generally ham-fisted that she is going nowhere near mine.

Comment

• Nicos, that looks lovely.
                          Obviously a lot of hard work went into that.
                          I am sure it feels very satisfying to see it all coming together.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thank you....still a bit more to do in there ...but not a lot!
                            Then we can get on with the lounge again...

Comment

• That does look good Nicos love how you've kept the original stonework
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all,got the heating on low again today shivers,called ofspring in for a chat safto,the air is a little clearer,he appologised very much for sunday,he is genunley worried we makeing a mistake,as well as peed of he got this shhhhhh to get away,he does love us to bits,yes i can hear you say,funny way to show it,he just cannot contoll his anger,he needs to take some meds,at the end of the day he still our son,it is his birthday tomorrow,MR said be glad when he at the other place,as it's not the same here,i wonder if he been depressed over son,also thinking he a burden on me,how nice now things are sorting out ,
                                Nicos that looks good,well done you both,Snoop it could be worse,some things are for private eyes only,have a good evening and Bgood2yourselves.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X