Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worrying times Snoop Pus, sad that not everyone takes the care of others seriously. Lashing rain and high winds here too, hoping the tomatoes survive and feeling forced into a bit of housework! Yuk!
    East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Still blowing here but no rain, after the most torrential 2 hours+ early this morning.

Made some marmalade but not done much else. My niece came by to pick up some jars of honey for her and her sister's families. Doorstep chat as she is a teacher and has a teenage boy, but it was good to see her. She is the first family I've seen since February.

Kettle's on for an afternoon cuppa. catch you all later.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Evening All Raining all day here too. Getting windy with it as well now. Enjoy the rest of your evening and I'll see you bright and early tomorrow as I'm in work the rest of the week. Back to the masks
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good night all.
          An absolutely miserable day here.
          Gale force winds and lashing rain but not cold.
          Hoping for a better dsy tomorrow,
          Stay safe all and take care.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Windy and so dark. Have a good day

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
              * leaves a cuppa out for Flo

Hi there Nanny Green - looking forward to getting to know you too!

Very busy day yesterday but I'll deffo give myself a quieter on today.
              Its my moms 93rd birthday today...wow! She's always said the weather is rubbish on her birthday and it's proven to be the case again hasn't it?
              We're getting the strong gusts of wind and rain here too, although yesterday we did have hot sunshine between the rain

We had a bit of an adventure yesterday trying to track down an intermittent electronic beep.
              We have 4 smoke detectors and 4 carbon monoxide detectors which weren't bipping The freezer warning alarms were fine...just couldn't find where it was coming from. As we were standing outside we heard it again....it was our neighbour's carbon monoxide detector warning it needed a new battery! The wind was so strong was making it sound like it was coming from somewhere inside our home!
              Fortunately we have a key as we're looking after their cat whilst they are on holiday.

Todays task for me will be some gardening -weather permitting , and also sorting out the contents of the 4 desk drawers.
              Tell me -just how many pencil sharpers does a lass need?.
              Have you noticed how those double holed silver ones have removable blades? Does anyone know anyone who has actually replaced the blade? Would anyone even know where to buy a replaceable pencil sharper blade? Not that I need one as they clearly are meant to last a lifetime from the looks of the hoard I have!
              Maybe they are so basic that the blades are supposed to be sharpened with a wetstone????
              Well...there's your thought for today!
              Anyone got more than 4 pencil sharpeners?
              It appears we have 4 staplers too
              Last edited by Nicos; 26-08-2020, 04:59 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning I hope you're all OK after the storm

Nicos we have one of those desk sharpeners pop the pencil in a turn the handle works well unless a child uses it then there's soon no pencil left just lots of shavings

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Oooo....I used to love being 'pencil monitor' at junior school...I think I may well have got through rather a lot of pencils that way too

Actually -I think I have pencil sharpener envy now
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, glad that winds gone, preliminary check shows no real damage out there, climbing French Beans still standing, looks like one of the Buddleias has taken a beating though.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      After a wicked day yesterday we have the sun.pThe temp is down but its dry.l
                      Ah, pencil sharpeners, staplers, pens, paper clips, thumb tacks, highlighters,, I could go on for ever.
                      I must admit I never thought of replacing the blades in the sharpener but I will be looking to see if they are available.
                      I have a fasting blood test today, the earliest appointment one o'clock so I wont be having any breakfast today,
                      Hope all peeps have a good day and catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, well what a lovely day yesterday was!!! At least the wind has gone but it’s still raining. Lots of windfall apples so looks like chutney is a calling.
                        Have a great day everyone and hugs to lottie...boy you are one strong woman!! x
                        sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all.

I went rummaging for pens the other day. I bought several packets because Mr Snoop likes to give mixed coloured assortments as gifts. The stipulation was one packet was mine. Can I find it anywhere? No. But what I did find were lots of small pencils, about two inches or so long. Turns out he likes to have freshly sharpened pencils, so when he gets a new pencil, he cuts it into pieces and each one has a very sharp tip. Goodness, the things you discover after x decades of living with someone! I might see if I can get him one of those desktop sharpeners for his birthday. Bet he'd love it.

Not much going on here. Can't get the energy up for work, but I really need to. An early afternoon nap seems very tempting instead.

Catch you later guys. Have a good one.

Comment

• Morning all, and a very happy birthday to Nicos' Mum.

I have 3 pencil sharpeners, but 2 always seem to break the pencil point before it has reached that perfect sharpness. I should throw them out really. never thought about replacing the blades, though I've noticed the little screw on the top. It never really struck me that it was so you can replace the blade. Doh!

I had 5 erasers, but they go funny and stop rubbing out pencil marks after a few (!) years, so I threw them out. Now I have just one, but in its own little box to keep it fresh and supple.
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• One of our staff couldn't find a beeping alarm - it turned out to be her parrot! Said parrot also gives orders to the dog and more recently turns appliances on when it asks Alexa

Comment

• ^^^^
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X