Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening, no rain here, clear bright and very cold, snow on the lower hills now, but none forecast for us until the weekend, we might get a white Christmas, but it'll be frost not snow.

Comment

• Snow plough is out gritting the roads, must be a cold one coming.

Comment

• Good Morning All Raining. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Drop of brandy in my tea, lovely

Comment

• Morning all.

Originally posted by burnie View Post
            Snow plough is out gritting the roads, must be a cold one coming.
            Burnie, my gran used to say when they have snow in New York State, we always get it 10 days later. She kept an eye on their weather as she had a daughter living there. She was usually right, so by 28th we should be ankle deep in white stuff!

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Chilly out but sun trying to break through high clouds. It was very misty when we went to bed but none this morning.

Mr Snoop has decided we need beer and butter for Christmas, so he's gone on a last-minute shopping run. The list was quite long by the time he'd finished it.

Got a fairly long list of jobs to do today. Starting with walking the dogs, though it sounds like they might have decided to walk themselves. It's very quiet out there.

Catch you all later. Have a lovely pre-Christmas Eve.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

finally we have 80% blue skies! Very windy though.
                Does anyone know if the planets can still be seen, but further apart?

I too will be heading off soon for a final lunchtime shop. Don’t need much...cream, mushrooms...not much else! Should be a quick 5 minute trolley dash max. Might nip to the recycling bank too whilst I’m out.
                Funny how things stick with you from childhood...my mom always said not to go upstairs empty handed - cos she used to leave stuff on the bottom step for the next person to take up, saving her from running up and down the stairs...( it was a death trap for those going downstairs though!!!!)
                So...I always try to combine things to do whilst out in the car...saves petrol too!

I must go and bring in some mistletoe ...we have some growing in our apple tree

Enjoy your day peeps!

Ah...I’d forgotten about Flo and her nip of brandy!... good for you lass

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  Dull, grey and breezy, rain just starting.
                  All the light on it's so dark.
                  No outdoor jobs today do it will be domestics.

Nicos, my mother always said the same thing.
                  Dont go upstairs empty handed. Also, tidy up as you go along.
                  It certainly made sense.

Flo, the nip of brandy sounds good.
                  A nip of Baileys in your coffee is also very tasty.

Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all, cold and dry but cloudy, just sowed my pot leek seeds in the heated propagator, then when they are up it will be chillies next, feels like some proper gardening being done already.

Comment

• Here, our version is don't come back empty-handed. Mr Snoop tends to gather kindling, me I bring back the logs our biggest dog likes to carry off with him before getting bored. Said dog can manage a surprising weight and will sometimes 'help' on the way back. There are dead pine branches all over the place here. He'll grab one, sling it from side to side between his teeth till he gets the balance right in his jaw and will then bring it back home. If he can't get the balance right, he'll break bits off till he can manage it. The only problem is his mum has never told him not to run with branches in his mouth. I've seen him with branches up to 2 metres long. Not a hazard to him but to anyone ahead of him when he gets a bit of speed up going downhill.

Comment

• Beautiful, sunny day and bright blue skies here today. Pottered about in the garden doing small jobs here and there.

Comment

• I still put things on the stairs to be taken up, but Himself doesn't get it and goes up without them. One of my favorite cleaning mantras is "Look after the corners, the middle will take care of itself"

Comment

• Am feeling very happy at the moment!
                            OH’s angle grinder packed in after 10 years of heavy use so I said - let’s go get you a new one whilst the shops are open. No point in fretting!
                            nearby was an Aldi, and I needed a few last minute bits and bobs....It’s not the same brother who owns/ runs the UK one so basically it’s generally full of yuk -bit like the discount stores in the UK sold in the 1970s.... but at Xmas they seem to excel themselves....so we just ‘nipped in’ for the veggies and came out with tons of stuff we love - plus red roses, pontsettia, and loads of other yummy goodies at at ridiculously low price...frustratingly high calories though!!!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ugger the calories Nicos, it's Christmas

Comment

• ^Seconded.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...