X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n’alln’all
    Merry Xmas everyone!
    I was expecting a crisp white frost to wake up to, but it had rained most of the night so it was clearly too wet and warm. Ah well.
    I see it snowed in parts of the Uk and it’s officially a White Christmas in the UK !?
    Did any of you get to see the white stuff falling????

MH ... nope - we have lived here and paid taxes for the past 13 years so we can still stay...but the 90 rule would affect us if we wanted to stay in another EU country for longer than that.
    We are , however, most of the way through the process of gaining duel nationality....

so -onto cheerier things... we’ve just had our croissants for breakfast and about to open our pressies!....kettle’s on...help yourselves...or there is a bottle of fizz in the fridge if you prefer
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Merry Christmas
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Merry Christmas everyone. The snow has melted and it's cold out but sunny. I've just remembered I'd forgotten to defrost the chipolatas for pigs in blankets so have now taken them out of the freezer so they should be OK in time for Christmas dinner.

Comment

• I must have forgotten to do something. Rib of beef in the oven. Christmas pudding steaming. Roast veg par boiled, other veg prepared. Yorkshire pudding batter mixed, brandy cream made. I can't believe I'm organised. Going to pick up our 2 guests in an hour, and then they can chill with a drink while I cook the Yorkshires and vegetables. They'll get enough booze so that any mishaps with the meal get overlooked.

Comment

• Morning
            MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL,
            Nice to see some sunshine again,hope Santa has been,this year he is in favour of chocs,LD wonders if she will ever see her waist line again,but is no good leaving them to go moldy in their tins is it ,have a good day everyone,by for now .
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon and a merry Christmas
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening. Hope everybody had a good day.
                Family called and it was just lovely to catch up.
                We spread out in the conservatory, the dining room and the sitting room.
                We left the doors and windows open.
                From tomorrow we will only be allowed to mix with one other family.
                Hope everybody managed to have some contact with their family.
                Have a good night and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all
                  Breakfast trays left outside everyone’s bedrooms!
                  Enjoy

Absolutely no plans for today...lots to choose from , so we’ll see.

see ya later peeps!

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all.

Pass my tray on to someone else please, Nicos, I was up as usual before six. Housework all done as per on a Saturday, cold collation for lunch, so the rest of the day is my own.

Have a good day everyone.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Thanks for breakfast, Nicos. Coffee even better than Mr Snoop's, though I won't tell him that.

Brightish out there. Got lots to do today that needs electricity, so better get on the case soonish. (I can see it's going to be an -ish kind of day.)

Sounds like we all had lovely days yesterday. Hope you have a great Boxing Day too.

Comment

• Morning and thanks for Breakfast Nicos mine was a bacon and roasted toms bread cob.

No plans today but will probably go out for a stroll later.

enjoy your day

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                          Dull start and waiting for Storm Bella this afternoon.
                          Today is our wedding anniversary do we did 5he usual and had a champagne breakfast.
                          No plans for the day so we will just chill out after a rather hectic day yesterday.
                          Nicos, you're so kind with the breakfast trays but mine I'd tea rather than coffee.
                          Have a good dsy sll and enjoy it.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Congratulations Bramble Thanks for the breakfast Nicos. Raining here. Washing on while I finish my book. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Grey and dull morning here. We had rib of beef for dinner yesterday so I've just had fresh bread and dripping for breakfast (a real blast from the past).

Comment

• ^^^ ooo...yum!
                                my granny used to give me that as a kid - with a tiny pinch of salt sprinkled on top. Yum!....

I think that’s where my love for crispy bacon rind came from too!
                                Hard to find bacon with rind on though these days isn’t it?
                                My OH is in the process of cold smoking some salted belly pork to make our own bacon. First time he’s done it!
                                He smoked a side of salmon a week before Xmas and that was such a success that we’ ve agreed he’ll make our own from now on instead of buying it. Fingers crossed the bacon comes out as good!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X