X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ and thirded!

Comment

• An outside chance of an Aurora tonight if you live in the north of the UK.

Comment

• Good Morning All It's very cold but no frost. Hi ho! Have a good day and have a magical Christmas Eve
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

The weather forecast and the sky say it's cloudy and cold out there. No point me disagreeing.

Busy day today. Will try and catch you all later and drop in at the GR for a swift one.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, frosty here, not seen the barometer this high in ages, better get on, only one more sleep till Santa(apparently I'm worse than the grandkids lol).

Comment

• Morning its frosty here as well Burnie still cold out so the icy hasn't melted in the puddles yet.

take care if you're out and about..

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Freezing here still. The car is slowly defrosting as the sun is just beginning to reach it. There's quite a few jobs I OUGHT to do today but very few I MUST do. I've still no idea what is happening tomorrow. I know I'm cooking dinner for four but whether I'm bringing the two guests here or delivering their meal to them I don't know. It is their choice, partly depending on how fit one of them is feeling and if the new pain medication I got her yesterday is working well.
                One way or another things will work out and they'll get a Christmas dinner though and know that somebody cares about them.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  It's a beautiful crisp bright sunny morning here.
                  Hopefully I will get a walk in today.
                  Nothing much needs doing do it's just small bits and pieces.
                  Have a good dsy all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.
                    Bright and crisp here too, Bramble. No actual frost except on the front windscreen of my car, which I had to scrape so I could go check the bees. One hive needed more fondant sugar. I call it my lazy hive as the bees never seem to be as busy in it as the other one.

My mum says the same thing, Nicos, about going upstairs. Another saying she was fond of is - don't put it down, put it away. She could always put her hand on whatever was needed, as it was always in its proper place!
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• The hills in the distance are topped with snow but it's just cold with intermittent sleet down here at sea level. Put together a new bed in eldest's room this morning. We've been redecorating and that was the last thing that needed doing in there.Youngest's main Christmas present has arrived (just in time) so that now needs wrapping but it can wait until I've had a cuppa and a look at the Chiltern Seeds catalogue that's just come in the post.

Comment

• I spent 9 hrs yesterday wrapping presents. A few are missing. I ordered them on line and they haven’t arrived. Fortunately all the main presents are present and correct.

At the moment I feel like telling my daughter to stuff her Christmas so far up her pretensious a*se that the sun doesn’t even know it exists. I will calm down and turn up with required presents and contributions to the day. I need to calm down.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• 9 hours is an awful long time to be wrapping presents! Doesn't sound like you've been having much fun with your daughter's attitude either. I hope Christmas day itself is a much happier day than today for you.

Comment

• Morning all.

Look like Santa brought the sun with him. Bright blue and due to remain so all day. Very windy though.

Not much to do today apart from eat, drink and be merry.

Hope you all have a very lovely day today.

Comment

• Morning Snoop and all.
                              Sunny here too and the breeze is from the north - brrrrr!

Snoop, and other Euro-Brits, if you don't have dual nationality, after Jan 1st will you now need a visa to stay abroad?
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning and Merry Christmas everyone. My local doctor's and pharmacy have been amazing this week. I rang the surgery at 8am Tuesday on behalf of an elderly relative in a lot of pain to ask for a home visit. They had been to see her and sent a prescription electronically to the chemists by 10 am. I called at the chemist to pick it up at lunchtime. Unfortunately the chemist couldn't get hold of one of the items. I rang the doctor's. We'll change the prescription they said. The pharmacist said they'd have the other item by lunchtime yesterday ( Christmas Eve). The relative texted me at 9.30 yesterday. Not only had the item arrived, the pharmacy had delivered it to her. The end of the story. The relative on the phone at 8 am today. She feels so much better and is looking forward to Christmas dinner.
                                Now I just need my husband to stop fiddling around in the kitchen or we won't be getting dinner!!

Last edited by greenishfing; 25-12-2020, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X