X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

It's mizzly, drizzly damp here today, but feels quite mild. Doing indoor domestic stuff today as per on a Saturday. Can't believe it will be December next week! Where has the year gone? The days have been slow, but the weeks have flown by somehow.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning bright and crispy today, the pond has frozen over, so the hardest frost so far this season, I have floated a polystyrene lid about a foot square or so, this will take up any expansion and hopefully stop any damage to the liner. You could use a football, but the grandsons seem to have lost the one I did have lol. Take care all and stay safe and sane.
    Last edited by burnie; Today, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

Well, it poured and it poured and it poured yesterday and overnight. Flood warnings for the local rivers. More due today, but not much. Perishing cold as well.

Got a pottering day ahead of me today. Little jobs but lots of them, so they'll keep me busy.

Hope you all have a lovely day.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning All Read for a good while in bed this morning. It was frosty here last night but warmed up and now raining. Washing will be dried on the radiators again. I'll be on the Christmas tree hunt again later. Have a good day All

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n'alln'all

always good news re MOT gf!

Our new van passed its MOT last Monday and we now have someone very happy to drive it over here in a couple of weeks...then the importing process can proceed!

We have a lovely sunny day here again now that the heavy mist/fog has lifted.

More indoor clearing up today for me although the garden is more than calling - especially as our neighbour has been cutting his lawns yesterday and this morning. The wonderful scent of grass is filling the air!

Have a great day peeps....see ya later!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I told my mechanic a week or so ago the car needed it's MOT in the next few weeks. Today he rang to say he was quiet.....come down. Happy to say it's passed. We have hardly done any mileage in the last year to be fair though and I did treat it to a new tyre last week when I got a puncture. It felt really cold here today, all day even though we did get a bit of sunshine. I reckon the car will turn into an ice cube again shortly

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Evening I was sure i pressed post reply before closing the tabs this morning but seeing as I have the option to either 'restore or discard' I didn't never mind.
    No Black Friday shopping here I have been getting a fair few emails of adverts though my only purchases today were at the local corn merchants.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    ^^^ clearly time for a wee dram then ....for medicinal purposes eh?

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Evening all(I say evening as it's already dark here!!), just back from sitting in a bird hide in a forest for 3 hours and it's only 4 degrees, must be mad.............................

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Darn.....I’ve just slowly munched my way through a small slice of bread as butter

Boy was it yummy!
    Regrets? Absolutely not!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    I've bought more bun trays and cake tins as pre-Black Friday deals. But I already knew what I wanted. Mr Snoop is going to pick up the boxes this morning. Been making cherry and walnut cookies from the Helen Thomas book by way of a thank-you gift to the builders' merchants that takes in packages for me. These cookies don't look like much, to be honest, but they taste fantastic. Long time since I last made biscuits, but even longer since we bought any, so that's good.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all.
    Jack Frodt certainly visited us overnight.
    The place is white with crunchy grass underfoot.
    Temp currently at 0 degs.
    Grandson coming for lunch xo a bit of company to look forward to.

Black Friday, not for me Nicos but my son in law is going to replace his T.V.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin n’alln’all

All good here.
    The sun keeps breaking through dark cloud, so maybe we’re in for some pretty rainbows later?

The house smells of beer bread which is in the Esse . Let’s see if I manage to resist a nibble of it later

Ironing of curtains today in prep for putting up tomorrow.

Black Friday?
    Has anyone been tempted?

I’m thinking of taking up the Rosetta Stone offer.....My French would certainly benefit from a bit of a boost!

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all. Long lie in this morning and I have only recently surfaced. It must have been all that running up and down stairs yesterday cutting tiles for bathroom? Going to have a day NOT tiling today although I may do a bit of grouting. Cold but dry out so the possibilities are endless.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Good Morning Snoop and All and Happy Friday Frosty here so glad we didn't have to go to work. Best get on WFH. Have a good day

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X