X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• greenishfing
    replied
    A beautiful red sky here this morning and a heavy frost on top of the remnants of yesterday's snow. Very pretty but not tempting me outdoors in a hurry. I had one of those wonderful rare nights where I slept like a log, never heard a thing for well over six hours.

Leave a comment:

• Florence Fennel
    replied
    Glad to be home - no heating at work - bad enough for the staff but appalling for the patients. It snowed on the way there this morning and continued for a couple of hours, which prevented a few members of staff from getting in, but it's gone now. I'm WFH for the rest of the week, so it can do what it likes Good bit of forecasting MH!

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    I had to go for a blood test this morning. I think my arms were frozen. They certainly didn't want to part with any. Most of the snow has melted here but it is really wet. It is forecast to freeze again tonight so the roads and pavements will probably turn to skating rinks by morning. I've been to the supermarket and it was pleasantly quiet. Now thinking about whether to be naughty and make chips to have with yesterdays leftover ham. I was naughty in the supermarket too and bought chocolate truffles and gin flavoured After Eight's. Well, it is Christmas!

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Good morning all. No snow here but a biting wind.
    Wrap up warm if you are going outdoors.
    Have a good day all.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Originally posted by mothhawk View Post

My gran was never far wrong!
    Amazingly accurate ....I’m impressed!

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied

Nicos, have you seen this van conversion video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DgMYB6L0c

I thought the toilet/shower/workspace was ingenious. Mind, she can stand up straight inside the van.

I have she’s an inspiration isn’t she!

We’re just making up a list of insulation and cladding to order, then pick up this week. We’re half expecting a complete lockdown again after new Year so don’t want to get caught out again without all our supplies if the diy stores close again.
    Really exciting!!
    The hyperstore is only 15 mins from the coast so it might mean a quick trip to the seaside whilst we’re at it!...picnic too eh? ( best hunt out me thermals if that’s the case!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    ....Burnie, my gran used to say when they have snow in New York State, we always get it 10 days later. She kept an eye on their weather as she had a daughter living there. She was usually right, so by 28th we should be ankle deep in white stuff!
    My gran was never far wrong!

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    It's snowing here now! Started about 45 minutes ago, but it can't make up its mind whether to make a real go of it with huge floaty flakes, or just a token shower of fine drifty flakes. Keeps switching from one t'other.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Morning, we had rain over night which has since frozen, now sunny but freezing, we managed a walk down to the beach yesterday, only two others on a near 2 mile beach, which was perfect, SWMBO doesn't like it when there's crowds on "her" beach lol.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Morning its snowing here as well, my tracks down the garden an hour back were soon covered over so it does make the garden look pretty.

Leave a comment:

• Snadger
    replied
    Morning all. Snaw snaw and more snaaw. A 3 inch covering here.

My Siberian Husky will be in his element when I get round to taking him out.

TTFN

Leave a comment:

• greenishfing
    replied
    Morning everyone! There's a covering of snow here too, maybe an inch.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Morning all.

I'm afraid it's bright blue again here. But very cold. Slight possibility of snow this afternoon, apparently. I won't tell Mr Snoop. He hates snow. Makes a terrible mess of the dirt tracks. Unsurprisingly the dogs love it. More surprisingly, the cats don't mind it and will happily go out in it.

Another busyish day ahead. Some paid work and then some fence repairing. The dogs are eating the mini cabbages that have grown from stumps. If they'll even eat these, then nothing is safe from them. So fence reinforcements necessary. I have to own up that it's probably all my fault. Almost nothing goes in the compost or bokashi bins when I'm cooking, as the dogs will have almost anything. They're not keen on parsnip tops or anything allium. But cauli leaves are a favourite, especially the central veins. And a cabbage stump is positively treasure. Carrot peelings, the cores from sweet peppers, it all goes down. Maybe if I'd never given them the kitchen veg waste, they'd never have got a taste for some things.

Anyway, hope you all have a lovely day. Stay safe. Good luck with the packing, LD.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Morning all.

Looks cold and damp out.

Nicos, have you seen this van conversion video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-DgMYB6L0c

I thought the toilet/shower/workspace was ingenious. Mind, she can stand up straight inside the van.
    Last edited by mothhawk; 29-12-2020, 08:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nicos
    replied
    Mornin Flon’all

Ner sner here.... just lots of cold wet sploshy stuff.

Again , not sure what the day will bring but there is a long list to try and ignore

Time for a brew though , can’t start the day without one....or two...

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X