Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. The remains of the turkey has been stripped and the kitchen area isn't like a bomb site any more. Dunno what to make with turkey but sarnies are out of the question as we have ran out of bread,
    Chilling day today and i must find time to work out how to use some of the electrical gadgets we received as prezzies.High on the list is the Portal TV so we can see what's going on in our families households.

TTFN
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon all, we had a nice drive over to our daughters for a socially distanced walk with her family, then Grandsons showed us their new skateboards in the garden, before the drive home for our dinner and opened our presents, I must have been a good boy as Santa got me lots of goodies. Stay safe all and Happy Boxing Day........................

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post
        Morning all. The remains of the turkey has been stripped and the kitchen area isn't like a bomb site any more. Dunno what to make with turkey but sarnies are out of the question as we have ran out of bread,
        Chilling day today and i must find time to work out how to use some of the electrical gadgets we received as prezzies.High on the list is the Portal TV so we can see what's going on in our families households.

TTFN
        My choice with the turkey would be either pasta with some kind of creamy turkey and veg sauce or turkey curry. Or you could bake some bread.

Comment

• Pies Snadge, you're good at pie. Mix it with onion sauce, or a tin of condensed soup, shortcrust bottom and top, or ready made puff
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Raining and windy here so not wanting to venture outside. Probably going to make stovies (a family favourite) later on with remains of the venison. It'll mean braving the weather to fetch in a neep from the garden though so I'll have to wait for a gap in the rain or get drenched.

Comment

• Afternoon all,miserable outside,but who cares,looking forwards to new year now,hope everyone had a nice day yesterday ,lookout for Bella,lets hope it not as bad as predicted,am itching to start some serious packing now,but will hold of till next year ,the sowing seeds will come automatic when moved ,have a nice day all.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                Nicos, this is my fruitcake recipe. It was my mother's. It can be eaten immediately.
                It is very forgiving. I make it in a 6 inch tin, my sister makes it in a seven inch. I now reduce the dried fruit by 2 ounces and add an extra 2 ounce of glace cherries. The cooking times vary. In my oven ( gas) it's about 2 hours at gas 1 to 2 (100°C). Then another 2 hours at just under gas 1 (70°C). My sister puts it in her aga slow oven overnight. The only word of warning: don't over rub the fat into the flour or you'll end up with rich pastry instead of "breadcrumbs". The reason it says 3½ large eggs is the original recipe was double this for 2 cakes. I usually just put 4 mediumish eggs in.

Just cut into my caaaake!

Wow! ...it’s utterly delish!

Thanks for sharing your recipe. I’ll deffo follow it again next year - much appreciated xxxx
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^Happy you enjoyed it.

Comment

• Good morning peeps....Hope everyone had a lovely christmas with their loved ones.....I cant wait to start growing again...Roll on Springtime...Enjoy your day ahead peeps

Comment

• Morning strawberry patch, morning all.

Blue outside at the moment, but fantastically cold. Due to get cloudy later. Got up intending to do some gardening today, but not sure that's going to happen in the end, as lots of other stuff demanding attention.

Got internet problems today so won't be around much. Hope you all enjoy the Gardeners' Rest.

Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning All Pan's on and it's raining. Have a lovely Sunday
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Crazily windy and wet here

I'm actually thinking of moving the cars away from under the tree !

we're forecast gusts of up to 87kph within the hour...so I expect some fallen branches somewhere around our property...

Looks like it's going to be a day hunkering down in front of the woodfire...can't be bad!

Enjoy your day peeps - keep safe from the wind and rain if it's bad in your area
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I've been awake since about 5 am, probably due to the fact I fell asleep in a chair early last night watching TV. The cloud has disappeared but it feels really cold. I think I'll have a day of indoor jobs.

Comment

• Morning it looks like we're all sharing the same wet and windy weather, don't think i'll be venturing any further than the GH today.

Take care out there.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

It looks like the storm has blown over now but last night was wet and windy to say the least.Hopefully we aren't in the eye of the storm and there is more to come!

TTFN
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X