This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening all.
    Lottie, delighted to hear things are moving ahead and working out for you.

Nicos, keep us updated, looking good

Snoop, come on, a little pic, just to give us an idea.

We had a nice afternoon here after the rain stopped.
    Got to do some gardening and had to stake up my dahlias after all the wind and rain.
    Watered and fed my tomatoes and peppers in the greenhouse.
    Looks like the rain is moving in again.
    Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening, lovely day here today. Hope this finds you all well!
      Nicos the renovations look great...well done! Snoop, go on show us your photos!!
      Lottie, so pleased things are looking up for you! x
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.
        looks like it will be a dry day after a day of non-stop rain yesterday. Well, I did say the garden needed it! May go and pick some wild damsons today, or they could be bullace, not sure what the difference is, but whatever, they make fine jam.
        Last edited by mothhawk; 29-08-2020, 07:58 AM.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning all.

Pictures later, maybe...

Not much new news. Extremely cloudy today. Somehow doesn't look like rain though.

Big long list of jobs to do. Let's see how many I get through. Billing clients would be a useful thing to do.

Catch you later. Have a great day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, bright but very breezy here, at least we have blue skies for a change, started to do some autumnal tidying up yesterday, a buddleia that got beaten up by the wind has been cut down and shredded, four more to do, most have finished flowering, so will do one at a time so as to leave the insects some that still have signs of life. Take care all

Comment

• Morning all, cloudy morning but the sun is making cameo appearances. Daughter delivered dirt yesterday so feeling like I ought to finish that last raised bed today.

Hoping it gets warm enough to open the greenhouse but concerned not to upset the aubergines

Love what you've done to your place Nicos looks gorgeous although those stairs would be a bit steep for me ​​​​​​​
              East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Good Morning All Looks great Nicos Fine here for now so washing machine is on. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, garden tidying today the resent rains given the weeds a boost as well as my veg. Looks like sweet peas are about to finish I'll miss their sent around the house.
                  Enjoy your day
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,very much like autumn,wonder if we get another sudden burst of heat next month,soon be on countdown to the gardeners rest,see,i did not use that word,have a good day,look in later
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Bit late on the scene this morning.
                      I have been up and working...honest!

Same weather as yesterday so it's all indoor stuff I've been getting in with.

Had loads of rainbows too-aren't they wonderful? One can never see too many rainbows eh?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Rainbows and mackerel skies love them

Well, the dirt has been hauled through, veg bed finished and last of the leeks planted out. Two other beds weeded and my grandson's strawberries persuaded back to their own patch and away from the carrots. Sky turning moody so time for another cup of tea
                        East Berkshire

Comment

• You say 'dirt' NG...are you American or just watch a lot of American films???

Tell me to stop being so nosey but I won't be the only one to have noticed!

Its gone a bit chilly here today -I too am thinking of lighting the wood stove for the first time...but that's only if it stops raining long enough to persuade OH to go and get the logs in! ( lazy?...moi???)

Comment

• Lottie-at the moment it looks like next weekend might be a final burst of heat for us...that being the case I'll wash and line dry the sofa covers and a rug.
                            Should have done it earlier but the sun would probably have bleached them ( that's my excuse anyway!)

Comment

• No, not American Nicos but I do watch american films especially anything by Aaron Sorkin. If the dirt was of any quality I might differentiate but I am finding that MPC has gone downhill fast since we were all put under house arrest!

TBH if I had enough garden soil I would have used that but, since the idea of the raised beds is to terrace the veg plot, that would have been self defeating.

I don't think you're nosy, just 'curious' like me English, born and bred, that's me.
                              East Berkshire

Comment

• Afternoon/evening not sure which with it being so dark here just now the day has had that autumn feel to it Lottie we've even put the winter quilt on the bed
                                Its been another apple day here today, juiced 4ltr, froze slices for pies and filled the dehydrator there still seems to be as many left on the trees must be a bumper year.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X