Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening Lottie and anyone else who’s around the vines been down for me today so instead we’ve been out walking then visiting.
    So no gardening apart from some harvesting.
    Hopefully the bats will be out again flying around our garden.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
      Nipped into town as I really needed some bits.
      Glad to be back home again, didnt feel at all comfortable.
      One of my favourite pastimes on a bad day, browsing the shops.

How lovely to have a horse, my dad used to plow with teo cart horses.

Lotty, everything g happening quite fast for you now, good luck with it all.

Not a lot else happening, have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all, as the site wasn't working we went into the hills for a short walk by the river, picnic in the car for lunch and a bit of tidying up in the garden this afternoon, proper dark now, the nights are really drawing in, soon be Cod fishing season.

Comment

• Evening!
          phew...looks like the site is back to its own definition of ' normal' again

I spent most of the day weeding the gravel drive. Loads more to do but it's already looking better.
          Its been a lovely sunny afternoon so I've weeded the areas in full sunshine
          I imagine more of the same tomorrow although I need to take my car for it's MOT.
          Should be fun explaining its intermittent fault

We also have a plumber coming over to remove a radiator then come back in a couple of days to replace it with a more efficient newer one.And in between that we'll renovate the wall behind!
          (Pipes are brazed here not soldered so we've had to get someone in unfortunately.)

Sometmes doing building work is like the Quick Step...slow, slow, quick quick slow depending on people, deliveries etc etc affecting deadlines.

Sleep tight peeps!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• HI all,no idea about the vine being down earlier,have contacted a local man about doing the garden a good turn,before any viewings,if he can come before,no more on what we got our eyes on,it's a wait and see game now,i cannot wait ,sweet dreams,of to hit the sack a bit earlier tonight,see yar all tomoz.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all.

Yes, a bit frustrating yesterday trying to get onto the Vine. But seemingly OK today.

Lovely story about your horse, Nicos. But getting old is no lark, whatever species you are. Just when I need an age-related quip, there's no Rary!

Anyway, bright and very autumnal this morning. Yesterday, the forecasts suggested heavy rain next week. Today they're saying not a drop. Frustrating.

Lots of work to get through today, so better get on it. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all, proper dark and fearsome looking sky, don't think much will be done outside today, take care all.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                  Sorry Burnie-I think we have stolen your nice weather

Am just waiting for the plumber and then I'll start the drive again. Yesterday I pulled a wheelbarrows worth of weeds out of the gravel and only done about 10%
                  Three weeks ago there were hardy any there because of the 'drought''...its amazing what a load of splosh can do eh?
                  At least a quick hoe in the veggie beds keeps on top of those weeds!

Best get on!
                  Fingers crossed for my MOT please but I'm not confident because of the warning light.
                  See ya later peeps...enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good Morning All Couldn't get in at all yesterday, glad in a way that it wasn't just me! You sound like Penny with the engine light Nicos Sunshine here for now. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Absolutely lashing rain here and had been for hours.
                      Definitely a morning for domestics.
                      Enjoy the sun whoever is lucky enough to have it.

Good luck with your MOT test Nicos.

Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,man turned up and done wonders with the lawn area and mowed,i was out doing some clear up of things to the compost bin,still more to do,but what a difference,we have had sunshine here,now gone a bit dull,agent double booked himself,can come friday,said he could drop by today on way to another call out,give me 5 mins to sign contract,i managed to keep polite,and said no,and do i need to get another agent,no,you are not getting away with that one young man ,my marbles are rested and greased ready to go thank you,good luck with the car Nicos,have a good afternoon all,must venture outside again .
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon rain here as well Bramble has been since 2ish. did get apples picked and washing dry so not all bad.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pre-evening n'alln'all

Yey!!!!!... She passed her MOT

I am so utterly relived. Next one is due in 2years...and at 20 years old at the moment I reckon she's doing ok.
                            The guy never mentioned the intermittent warning signal so it clearly didn't come on....only when I drove off!!!!
                            No advisories worth worrying about either..phew!

Glad your 'man' did a good job Lottie ...my OH finished cutting our lush grass whilst I was out and it looks the best it has all summer! Having said that , the driveway still looks very neglected in parts -so it looks like I'll be working on that over the next few days.

so...time to light the BBQ...and maybe the firepit later....
                            Last edited by Nicos; 02-09-2020, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• Evening,yes Nicos always relieve after the MOT person says YES,we had rain the afternoon,so no more garden work,was asleep instead ,sweet dreams all,time to sort his nibs out for the evening

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                                I've missed gardening too, Carrie. Anyway, there's always next year. Good luck with finding an allotment. Might a half plot suit you?

Thanks Snoop.I think it's half a plot I am not to sure. Not very good with maths. It's 120sqm.
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X