This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, another sunny day here
    I'm also getting a bumper raspberry crop mines Autumn bliss not made jam yet but will be doing soon, they're my favourite fruit I've been having them on my morning oatmeal.
    Hibou is very kind sharing you with Nicos
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. It was one of the sunniest days we have had for a while yesterday so a trip to the allotment was called for.

Before going I had to cut the lawn so took the grass cuttings and a load of vegetable waste with me to compost. Surprisingly I was the only one on site so stripped off to the waist and got cracking.
      After watering stuff in the greenhouse I harvested tomatoes,cucumber and half a dozen courgettes. I then set to with the hoe doing all the paths and some empty beds. On the beds I emptied the grass cuttings on top of the hoed off weeds to add a bit of organic matter.

Hopefully we will have sunshine today and I may go for a wander around the shops.

Take care folks and enjoy this late summer weather if you can.
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning, dull and overcast here, I woke up hours ago and couldn't get back to sleep, I think there will be some eyelid inspection in a bit, I'm shattered already lol. Take care all

Comment

• Good morning all.
          A misty start to the day but the forecast is good.
          Lots of errands to do this morning.
          A walk in the park later.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,nothing doing here,only funny head aches,seems something has wound up my synuses,what with ears,teeth and face ache,i wonder if it from the lovely flowers i had given me last week,also some polish ext has been used,will have to engage in a steam and towel event,see if it helps,have to find some get up and go sort out the garden stuff,as in take or pass on,hope all are well,stay safe everyone,MR has been telling the odd peep about us moving home,how good is that ,see yur laters
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all.
              what a beautiful day it was.
              temp 23 degs and no breeze which was a nice change
              Spent most of the day outdoors.
              Picked some blackberries, some deadheading, weeding and watering in the greenhouse.
              Hope all you peeps had a good day as well.
              Actually, where is everybody.
              Anyway, have a good evening.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening , had a good day here as well Bramble like you we were outdoors almost all day. Took down the pea frame weeded the bed and picked nasturtiums seeds for pickling so I did do a bit of gardening.
                Its gone 7 and it’s still nice enough to be sat out hopefully the bats should be out soon.
                Enjoy your evening
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 15-09-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Evening all, if you are out at night, we are coming into the season when the Tawny Owls are hooting to declare their territories, you might hear them even if you don't see them.

Comment

• Good Morning All Feels warm again. Haircut cancelled yesterday as hairdresser's husband has tested positive for symptoms of It. He's not ill which is good, but it is scarey to think that if I had gone the day before, almost all the staff in my department would have had to isolate. Have a good day All - I'll be like Sheldon now for 14 days. Oh well, waited 6 months before!
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Close shave, FF. Not easy to stay safe these days. Sometimes it seems a matter of luck.

Anyway, all good here. Bright sunshine again and still in the mid-30s. Desperate for rain here now. We had a lightning strike right next to the house yesterday. Both of us had the same thought: fire. Fortunately not. But our whole valley is like tinder now.

Anyway, another busy day ahead. So better get a move on.

Have a good one all. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning all

OH has been isolated for months so took her for a ride out yesterday in the sunshine. I didn't realise how unfit I was until I I pushed her in her wheelchair! I had to keep sitting down myself every so often.

Anyway, it was a warm sunny day and I think she enjoyed it.

Possible allotment visit today, don't know yet. Going fishing with one of my Sons on Friday so that's summat to look forward to.

Take care folks and see ya later.
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning, a bit of a dull day here so I'll make my chutney and pickles later. The Bats were out again yesterday evening arrived at 8ish and hung around the garden for 30 mins we didn't spot our hedgehog or hear any Owls though..

Flo like Snoop says that was a close call stay safe xx

Comment

• Morning, cool and very overcast up here, so much for the "red sky at night" weather forecasting, mind those shepherds didn't take much pleasing I guess, oh well enjoy your day, I have a heap of wood to cut up for winter fires, take care all.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Another beautiful day T.G.
                              Our electricity is going off for the day as there I'd a big job being done.
                              So I am off out and go to my daughter for lunch.
                              Hope peeps have a good day.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Dull and grey here too. I'll be going to the allotment later. Going to go check on a couple of elderly relatives first. I did not realise until this week that they were buying so much overpriced tat from booklets that come through the door/come inside the newspaper.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X