This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    So sorry to hear your news, my thoughts are with you Florence and Lottie.

Solid afternoon of rain yesterday but sunny and bright today (calm before the storm I think).

Catch up with you later
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Morning we have sunshine today so I'll be out and about later, take care.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good morning all.
        We are still being hammered here with the storm.
        Dublin got the least of it and it was bad.
        Cork and Waterford have been destroyed with power outages, trees down and floods.

It will be domestics today and then caring for my grandson this evening.
        Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Morning all, big hugs for lottie and Flo, thinking of you both!! x

We had a lovely sunny day yesterday and then about 6pm the edge of storm Ellen arrived!! It was a wild night but a bit calmer now.

Hope you all have a great day...see you later! x
          sigpic

Comment

Afternoon!
            got 100 baby leeks ( only 6€) then some mussels and oysters, then melons and figs and some very fresh cauliflower and globe artichoke.
            Its the first time I've been to market since March and it was a taste of 'normality'!!!! Hardly anyone there at stupido'clock.fr and those who were we're all wearing masks
            All done and dusted in less than 10 mins ...perfeck!

Apart from markets the other things I've really missed this summer are the Vide Greniers ( car boot sales) and the outdoor swimming I did 3-4 times a week.
            It really was a lovely change tbh.

Sounds like storm Ellen has been rather dramatic?! Hope no one has had any serious damage and everyone is OK?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Afternoon all,nice here,warmer outside than in,Nicos how lovely of you ,i keep going online and looking at the place of interest,see what the viewing brings tomoz,son said about putting in a call on vidio link when being showed round,my excitment has died down to one of very hopefull,roll on the family visit,and hope MR see the light on my behalf,you got some bending down now Nicos,planting them,is'nt it great to get out the walls ,not seen any news yet regards that storm,hope peeps are safe,we were up and ready by 8.30,got us a drink,next i know,ti's nearly 2pm and MR gone to bed,so not long had some brekki,won't hurt me,just what the DR ordered,enjoy your day all
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Afternoon it was sunny earlier so I’ve been out the winds getting up now so I’m back indoors catching up on mail and the news.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Evening all.

Not a very busy day, just loads of bits and pieces but doesn't feel like I've achieved anything significant. Tried to have a nap but even failed at that, as couldn't nod off for noise of gale force winds outside. Forecast high today was 31 ºC but it was in fact 37. Tomorrow is due to be even hotter.

Hope everything goes well, LD. Happy leek planting, Nicos. They're on my list for next week. I love leeks but I hate paying for them as fully grown veg.

Another big hug, FF. And a smile for Rary, wherever you are.

Catch you all tomorrow.

Comment

Evening all.

Big hugs FF, so sorry about your sister.

Big hugs to LD too. Hope all goes well with the viewing, and hope breaking the news isn't too explosive for you. Good that you'll have loyal family around you.

It's been a good day. Got all the honey home (well not all, still got one more hive to go) and extracted and the kitchen cleaned up again - honey is SO sticky! then had a phone call from my sister in the States. She lives in Florida, but the west coast where the virus is not so bad - snow bird country, so not a tourist area, and most of her neighbours have gone north for the summer. She's just discovered that runner beans are perennials, so is planning to sow some next month so they grow through the cooler winter season.

Early night tonight, see you all tomorrow.

Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good Morning All and thank you, you're a comfort, all of you Happy Friday and have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all

Hope you have a calmer day Flo. Not an easy time for you xx

Friday indeed!... looks like I'll be spending the day moving stuff back into the study!!!
                        Yesterday OH fitted the floor in there ..yipppeee!
                        It'll be so good to have that part of the house back to 'normal'

Take care and keep safe everyone - time for a brew eh?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all,

Off out to do a bit of scything before it gets too hot to do anything. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning all, as is usual here we get sun first thing, but the cloud is rolling in, high winds forecast for later, so I'd better get on before they arrive, take care all.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              The sun is shining this morning, what a difference it makes.
                              Still extremely windy.
                              Off out to check the damage to my garden.
                              The dahlias took a real battering.
                              Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all.

It's been very windy here since the wee small hours, but not cold. It's trying to blow down the runner beans but they are holding their own. Had to give the tomato in the garden an extra cane and tie that to the fence. I'm not complaining though, I love the wind. I shall go for a windy walk later up the local hill, it lifts the spirits. Have a good day all.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X