Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothjawk I've just been out to tie a bean tripod to an apple tree hopefully that will hold it, this one was for spare beans luckily my main bean frame is fine..
    Enjoy your walk
    Last edited by Bren In Pots; 21-08-2020, 09:57 AM.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Well, I did a bit of scything. Not much but more than if I hadn't done any at all! Got very hot and my whetstone kept falling out of my pocket and disappearing into the under and the overgrowth and I was afraid of losing it forever. So I just had to come in, didn't I? Not too windy at the moment here, though yesterday afternoon was very blowy. Sounds like you're having a hard time with it in the UK. My brother in Cumbria has only just completed his garden shed and it's already hit the ground...

Very hot again today. Went to bed last night at gone midnight and it was still nearly 28 ºC. Likely to be higher still tonight. Certainly today will be hotter than yesterday, and that was touching 38 ºC.

Little afternoon nap is in the offing for sure. Plus some paid work.

Will drop in later. Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,i am a lady in waiting,want a laugh,the other day when i was stressed out,sat down to eat cornflakes,and promptly spat it out,i like some choc powder on on them,only i had put coffee on instead,yes they are different but,in my defence, the coffee was the powder stuff,got by mistake,plus they are in look alike containers,if all goes well i can get an agent for a valuation,but not until family chat tomoz,have a good afternoon and stay safe,update later
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon.
          Just to say, I put a line of laundry out at 12 o'clock
          It was dry and back in by 12.30.
          That's how stormy it is today but the sun is shining.
          Batten down the hatches all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
            Sound like it was a good drying day Bramble. I think if we'd put any out it'd have been brought back in from next doors.

Lovely morning here, sun's out and not yet breezy.

Happy Saturdays
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning all.

We had something a bit like a mini tornado here yesterday. I've seen them running up the valley in the past, but this one blew over the house and helped itself to some of the rubber sheeting (very heavy) that we have over one area of roof to reduce leaks before reroofing gets done (next year...). Hope that doesn't happen too often. Fortunately, the solar panels are well and truly bolted down. Weather due to drop a couple of degrees today, but that'll mean still mid-30s. Much too hot to do anything outdoors.

Not sure what the day will bring today. Better go and find out.

Have a good one. Good luck, LD, with the family meeting. Catch you all later.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                bit of a funny night in that Hibou brought in a live mouse at stupido'clock.fr so was frantically chasing it around the bedroom
                We'd finally got back to sleep when she brought another one in..this time dead and she was chucking that everywhere...
                I know they were supposed to be a gift for us but they were deffo not appreciated. So....(and here's they guiltly bit) I turned on the bedroom fan which she hates so she'd go away She looked really, really hurt -cos she was clearly having a wonderful time.
                All is forgiven now-as is her sweet nature.

Wow Snoop-that's some wind!
                Its been blustery here but doesn't seem like as bad as most peeps seem to have had.

Lottie -hope today goes more easily than you are anticipating xx

Anyone fancy a brew?

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

My beans stood up to the winds, but my fuchsia magellanica which is about 8 feet tall was bent over in the wind and it never goes back upright by itself. I have tied it back to a hook on the wall but it's leaning so heavily I may have to cut it back. Such a shame as it's in full flower.

Thinking about you LD, hope all goes well.

Bramble, you must have really good pegs for your line!
                  Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                  Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Played pitch and putt today even though it was breezy.
                    It's so good to be out and about.

Mothhawk, storm pegs, the old wooden ones seem to grip well.

Lottie, hope all goes well for you.

We are having a family quiz on zoom tonight so,that should put in a few hours.
                    Have a good evening all and take care.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning

Lovely day here but must have had a fair bit of rain in the night. Popped down the lotty earlier, fantastic morning and it smelt great but I squished quite a few slugs on the path. That's the most I've seen since we applied nematodes in spring.

Enjoy your Sunday
                      Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, fingers crossed I've not had that much slug damage this season I think it might be down to how dry its been (until lately) and me only watering early mornings. We still get slugs living in the kitchen though and its really annoying

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, bright and breezy today, off to the daughters garden, some rhubarb needs lifting, enjoy your day, see ya later.

Comment

• Morning all. Supposed to be cooler today, but it was already 28 ºC at 9.30 am, so doesn't bode well.

Bit of work to get through and then perhaps I ought to sit down and sort through some of my paperwork. I get bank statements and just bung them in piles till they get so big they'll fill a carrier bag. I now have several carrier bags of assorted paperwork. Drives Mr Snoop mad. And seeing as he's now sorting through some of his piles of junk, I ought to do the same.

Have a lovely day, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                              We had wonderfully heavy rain last night. Our water butts are finally starting to fill up again.

Thinking of making some piccalilli today as we've nearly finished last year's.
                              More DIY no doubt too

Hope everyone us having a good Sunday -is next weekend a bank holiday?
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all from a bright and breezy Dublin.
                                Going to take the opportunity to do some gardening while its dry,
                                Hope everyone has a good day,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...