X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all

Good to see you Carrie!
    Yeh...that does sound like half a plot...sounds good to me!

Mine's been a pretty poor year 'on the plot' too. I've had a few gluts but more failures than not - due to late frosts, lack of rainfall
    excessive temperatures, aphids and flea beetle,stupidly strong winds, lack of time/attention....I'm just waiting for blight and early frosts and the year will be complete
    I'm just glad I planted a large selection of things for some to struggle through.

My back gave up on the weeding yesterday so it'll be domestics today.
    Washing of both sofa covers and cushions.
    It promises to be another sunny day so it'll be good to get them line dried.
    Another BBQ tonight, although sadly it was too damp and cold to sit out into the darkness...

first things first though....anyone fancy a brew?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nicos and all. good to hear your car passed its MOT Nicos. Mine did too at the beginning of the month, it's getting so little use at the moment - I've only put petrol in once since February - no frivolous or unnecessary journeys since then.

Rainy here though it's beginning to peter out now. Nothing pressing to do today so I'll see what the day and the weather brings.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning we have rain looks like its only here till lunchtime supermarket shopping first then apple picking and clearing up the windfalls.
        enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Hedge cutting today if it stays dry. Neighbour has put me to shame by cutting her privet hedge top and side and my side looks a mess. Also got other neighbours long beech hedge to top off for the winter.
          Weather could dictate whether the hedgecutting gets done though.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Morning all.

Hope you have a lovely time on your new-found plot, Carrie. It sounds ideal.

My car is due its MOT in ten days or so. It hasn't been out since the last one six months ago. I'm due to take it on a little drive on Friday, also my first time driving it since I don't know when. Will be a shock to both our systems.

Anyway, lovely day here at the moment. Bright and warmish. Nights definitely getting chilly. Will move my office back upstairs at the weekend, I think, as I'm starting to feel not just cool but decidedly cold down here.

Hope you all have a grand day.

Comment

• My car is getting very little use too.
              its 3/4 full of its first tankful since lockdown. Seeing as it only does 32mpg it says a lot!
              I don’t really need it as things are but when OH starts going out to work again ( rather than from home) I’d be stuck here with no transport .
              That was the case when we first came here - (he handed back his works car and used mine all the time. )
              I went through that for 18 months before we found the right car for him and vowed never to be carless again whilst we live out in the sticks.

Comment

• Good morning all, sunny and breezy here.
                Off to the park for a walk and them some gardening.
                Glad to hear your car passed the MOT test.
                Not much use on our car either, about once a week.
                Have a good day and catch you all later.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here. Just waiting for shopping. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon Im lucky it’s only a 10 min walk to the supermarket with my trolley so its probably quicker than talking the car what with how busy the traffic can be.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                      It was a lovely sunny day here and spent most of it outdoors.
                      Had my grandson for a couple of hours this evening.
                      I resurrected a box of Thomas the tank engine trains from the attic and introduced him to them.
                      It brought back many memories of my other grandson playing with them.
                      Some toys never go out of fashion and these trains are one of those toys.
                      I'm not quite sure which of us enjoyed them the most.
                      Anyway, have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Absolutely gorgeous out there this morning, but autumn feels like it's arrived.

Sounds like you had a lovely evening, Bramble. And I can't imagine only living ten minutes from a supermarket, Bren. Must be great!

All good here. Had a busy baking evening in the end. So lots of things to go in the freezer. Also things for M, friend up the valley, who's arriving today with visitors, himself from London and them from Barcelona. Don't want to see them close up but don't want to seem unfriendly either, so will provide bread and other goodies for them. Made those apricot and walnut cookies again, mothhawk. They go soft really quickly, so not very cookie-like, more flat cake, but so delicious.

Oh, Nicos, I also made some seed crackers that are fantastic. So much so that I can't see me making any other recipe so long as I've got seeds in the house. If you're interested, I'll share the recipe.

Absolutely loads to do today, so must get a move on. Catch you all later. Have a good day out there, everyone.

Comment

• Morning Snoop and all. Still haven't tried the apricot and walnut recipe Snoop, I'll have a go when I next batch bake.

Quite a chill in the air this morning, and the sun doesn't get out of bed till nearly 6am, so quite dark when I get up, I've had to start putting on the lights in the kitchen. Autumn advances!
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            Bright and breezy here but only 13 degs.
                            No plans for the day just yet.

Snoop, would love the recipe for the seed crackers if you could post it.

Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                              We have light drizzle but warm here, but you're right...Autumn is definately arriving.
                              I'm intending to carry on with weeding the drive again once the drizzle stops...it's going to take a while t do it properly and I won't resort to poisoning or burning them.

Snoop -I'd love to see the recipe please.I'm supposed to be dieting but not got my head quite in the zone yet
                              Too much yummy fruit I want to munch my way through At least I'm not putting it on anymore do that's a start at least!

I got all the sofa covers washed and line dried yesterday so I'm really pleased with that. And have decided to buy a steam cleaner. I've been thinking about it for years and decided to take the plunge. It's just deciding which one really.
                              The first job will be cleaning the fixed covers of the sofas. Can't believe how much dust has got ingrained with having a wood burning stove.
                              Anyone got any advice what to look out for , or what not to get please? It'll need to be a cylinder one.

Plums again for breakfast...I must be getting through at least 15 a day!... yum!

Time for another brew then hopefully attack the drive.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Last day of my holiday today so a bit of housework as I haven't really done anything much. I have read three books though Windy and fine so about to get the washing on the line. Have a good day All
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X