Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I've just lost today because I went out to the Post Office to get some cash. I nipped into my local for a quick glass of wine and left 5 glasses later. The conversation revolved around how many continents there are. Now when I was at school, admittedly some time ago, there were 5. Africa, asia, europe, america and australia. When I google this some sites say 7 and some say 8. They've split america into north and south, and added antarctica and in the case of 8 added the arctic. As I set quiz questions this is very confusing.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning all.

I had to check the continents, Janie. I'm no expert, but it looks like the Arctic can't be a continent of its own as some of it is in Europe and some in North America. What did you all decide?

Not much to report. Got a bit sidetracked yesterday for want of a piece of string. Couldn't find any to tie up a rather large joint of pork, so had to chop some off to make burgers and polpette. Still, I'll be glad of them later when I fish them out the freezer. Back to a proper work routine today, as everybody will be back off their August hols even if they are working from home. So no distractions allowed.

Quite chilly again here today (by our standards ), but really bright due to all the recent wind. The batteries are enjoying their morning bubble thanks to the solar panels. Only one dog for company, as it's a bit cold down here today. Was thinking of moving back to my 'office' in the kitchen, but the forecasts say temperatures due to rise back into the 30s towards the end of the week. So will hold off a bit.

Right, that's enough blatherskiting. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Comment

• Good Morning Snoop and All Bank Holiday today and the sun is shining for a change. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
          Bright and sunny do off to the park.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
            Blatgerskiting?....ha -love that word!

continents?... isn't the Arctic a mixture of several continents plus frozen sea?

This morning (what's left of it!!) I'll be making piccalilli.

Its the first day for a while where we might not have rain so I'm hoping to get some gardening done. Can't believe the height of the grass-it was dead and crispy 3 weeks ago!

Right...I best crack on in the kitchen!

Keep safe peeps...see ya later...
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'd forgotten it is a bank holiday in the U.K...enjoy!

Comment

• Morning folks,

Lovely sunny start to the day here. I began my day with my first ever cold shower. It was great, once I got my breathing under control! I shall be doing it every day now. Roll on all the health benefits!
                Housework is the main theme for the day, the house is a complete tip. I shall start downstairs and work my way to the top, room by room, what a drag...
                Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Good afternoon,tad of blue in the sky,still got heating,mr cold,have a good day and stay safe
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Hot here!
                    thats a bit of a shock
                    Just been picking our plums....only one tree fruited -the others got caught by a late frost. Got plenty though...Yey!

And so,..everything was ready for the piccalilli but the cornflour has weevils...So am heading off now to get a new packet. Found out just too late to get there before it closed for lunch.Typical.
                    At least I've had a chance to pull some weeds out of the gravel driveway. Really easy as it's sopping wet underneath.

Comment

• Afternoon all, not a Bank Holiday up here, we drove through Montrose to sit in some friends garden, town was busy and it's like a ghost town when the shops are shut.

Comment

• Evening, been sunny here all day. Spent most of it in bed as im in work tonight. Ive really missed growing this year. My name is down on the council for a allotment but could be waiting years and my garden is not ideal to grow anything in it. Ive found a private allotment site in next town over from me and is going viewing it at the weekend. Fingers crossed.
                        Carrie

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          spent the afternoon disposing of my sweetpeas, cant believe they are finished already.
                          Cut back a lot of the foliage on the tomatoes.
                          Dead headed the dahlias.
                          Watered everything in the greenhouse.
                          Plenty of weeding after the wet weather last week.
                          I think I am back in the driving seat again.
                          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all (two minutes to twelve here, so still just morning).

Warm in the sun but the air itself is quite cold.

I've missed gardening too, Carrie. Anyway, there's always next year. Good luck with finding an allotment. Might a half plot suit you?

Went fig scrumping last night. Got a few but not totally jam-like yet. The blackberries are surprisingly disappointing. Really small, hard and pippy. I was expecting them to be better after all the spring rain. Mind you, since then, there's been no rain for months to speak of. Shame, I was hoping to make some blackberry liqueur this year.

Well, better get on with the rest of the day. Have a good one, everyone.

Comment

• 'Mornin' Snoopn'all

Well...it might not be for us, but it still is in the uk!

Just got back from taking my car to the garage to have a few things tweaked before it's MOT tonorrow...fingers crossed! At 20 years old she's allowed to have a few idiosyncrasies

Talking of old....Don't know if I've ever mentioned this but we have an old horse in the UK.
                              We bought him as a 5 year old 25 years ago!.
                              He lives on our daughters farm with her two logging ponies.
                              He's doing ok apart from going quite deaf and losing his site and is stiff getting going ....but sadly his teeth are starting to drop out so he needs a special diet.
                              He can still gallop around rodeoing and play with the youngsters and is quite a happy old man.
                              So lovely to see

Tis a lovely day here...gardening...deffo gardening this afternoon

Comment

• Good evening ,where is everyone,a lovely quiet day again,did some batch backing yesterday,mmmm,i miss a bit of cake at the ready in the freezer,poor old horse Nicos,Snoop are you hoping to make fig jam,agent made contact earlier on,is coming to start the ball rolling tomoz,have a good evening and stay safe all
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X