Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, no plans for the weekend, we are surrounded by area 3 counties, so cannot go to the ski slopes as they are in Aberdeenshire, can't go to our daughters in Perthshire and Dundee and Fife are out of bounds too. We can however go where we like outside in Angus, so that is what we may well do, still lots of empty spaces to go for a walk.

Comment

• Evening All and Happy Friday
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Looks as if my choice not to go to my daughters for Christmas was the right one but for a different reason. I’ve been in a bubble with some friends. My female friend went to visit her ex mil who has had a heart attack and is in hospital as she also has terminal cancer. My friend paid for a private COVID test that she could ill afford before she went. She has now been told the ex mil is the one with COVID. It’s too close to Christmas for me to change anything, so I won’t be spending it with my friends down the road or with my family.

My only hope is to pay for a test but it seems to be ultra difficult.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning, a bit of a look around while I'm munching my bacon sarnie (sorry Nicos) then I'm of out for the day,

Stay Safe.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Bacon!!!!!! *drooooools

Janie.....sometimes our hands are ‘forced’ into taking what is most probably the right decision for you. From what you have said, it’s deffo the best health decision for you , but maybe not the best mental health decision?

I’ve not seen any of my family since Feb, missed my moms funeral and am trying to come to terms with missing the arrival of my first grandchild. I’m trying not to fight back mentally and just accept that it’s nothing personal against me and that there will be a time when I can be with those I love most on the planet. I just need to keep safe until then....do my utmost not to feel lonely....and pester peeps remotely via modern technology!

Anyway...enough of that - we all need to be grateful for what we do have compared to others, and make the most of things...it’s up to us eh?

Having said that, yesterday I made some chocolates and am very pleased with them! I’ll see if I can add my photo later.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your situation, Janie, and for your friend and her ex-MIL. Might New Year celebrations be feasible instead?

Ditto, Nicos. In case that comes across as a bit terse, I should say I deleted a maudlin paragraph that was too embarrassing to leave!

Cloudy and getting cloudier out there. Drizzle forecast for today and tomorrow. Looks like the weather people might have got it right.

Busyish day ahead as I've got quite a few things to get through. No digging yesterday and none today, by the look of the weather.

Catch you all later. Have a good one.

Comment

• Good Morning All It's not raining! Washer's on, steak and kidney on the stove for Desperate Dan pies tomorrow and jobs lined up for cleaning. Strictly final to look forward to this evening. All presents wrapped and awaiting collection. I bought some red pillowcases for the presents, they look like Santa sacks and were much cheaper than paper carriers. Sorry you don't get to be with your loved ones Nicos and Janie. Thinking of you Lottie. Have a good day All
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning all.
                  A bright clear morning but a very cold wind chill.
                  Last pitch snd puttmatch before Christmas.

Nicos, what a tough time not being able to attend your mothers funeral.
                  You are always do upbeat looking on the bright side.
                  Snoop, you are full of good advice and common sense.

Janie B, like most of us we are at home this Christmas, we are just telling ourselvesitsonly for one year.
                  Better safe than sorry especially with a vaccine on the way.

Hope all have a good day and stay safe,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning(just), thoughts and best wishes to Nicos and everyone who is going through some tough times, can't be easy in these difficult times when you can't reach out to folks in need. Stay safe all, next years going to be better.

Comment

• Best wishes from me too to everyone who is struggling this Christmas. The sun is shining here at the moment but it is very windy. I've just been out to get a newspaper for my husband and to drop some stew off for a relative. I never got to her house, because I found her walking around nearby (exercising). Yet again she had left her phone at home.🤯😬
                      I have just spent a good while searching for silicone and/or plastic ice cube trays to use as moulds for chocolates. I knew I had a new tray somewhere. I have eventually found four. Two of them were used to freeze pesto when I had loads of basil in the Summer but they don't seem to have any lingering odour. So I'm going to experiment in the kitchen next.

Comment

• ^^^^ and don’t go blaming me for any weight gains incurred this festive season!!!!!!

Comment

• ........as if I would!! My hairdresser says she's put 2 stones on while she's been off work and experimenting in her kitchen. The chocolates (mark 1 version) are chilling in the fridge now and I've cleared up in the kitchen although I think most of the "mess" was around my mouth.

Comment

• ^^^^ good for you
                            Last edited by Nicos; 19-12-2020, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

Oh my...I think I’m getting forgetful!
                              guess who almost forgot to open their chocolate Advent Calendar?

I know!!!

Comment

• Morning

It looks like being a fine day here so the laundry is in the machine and soon I'll be in the garden getting veg for dinner.

enjoy your Sunday.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X