Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all,thanks for the advice,am now going to try and get a bit of new normal,till new year,recharge the old batteries,and spend time with MR,then hopefully i will be ready to pounce,i will not be doing the usual seasonal food,just good simple tasty normal,Janie you have to go with your gut feeling over christmas,you have come a long way last few years and feel for you,especially as this time of year is so meaningful to you,we also was hoping to be moved and have a real family christmas,but is not meant to be,all we can do is,hang on the good things we have achieved by keeping apart,time is flying so quickly,we will soon all be wondering what it was all about,better be safe than sorry lass,try to stay positive,we have come a long way the last few months to undo the good,
    Thanks for that lightening up info Nicos,that's got to feel reason to cheer up,as new beginings start,
    WE all need to look back at history to think,just how lucky we are,x
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Evening, nice to be able to get back on the vine, admin have been working on another upgrade fix. We went to the local infirmary as SWMBO had an appointment with the rheumatology dept. a bit scary being in a place like that these days, but all ok. Tea eaten and feet up by the fire, the Christmas tree is up and decorated, this year it's all the antique baubles, some are around 80 years old, passed down through the family, next year it's back to trendy colour co-ordinated.

Comment

• Good Morning All I think it's a bit colder, but not raining. Last day at work for the next few. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Sat here with a brew having let Hibou out.
          The outdoor tree lights are on a time switch and it's lovely to see them lit up for an hour this morning...it feels really quite festive!

I'm feeling really, really excited....our Hiace is being delivered today. It was driven over yesterday stuffed full of things for the guy bringing it over, but as well as insulation for us.......a few bags of Tesco shopping! Oh yes...mince pies in there too , even though I do make my own.
          Its going to be strange putting it in 'quarentine' for a few days but at least I can peer through the windows and plan how we will be converting it.

Burnie-I love the idea of vintage decorations - I only have a few left but nowhere near that age. Most were glass from that era - you have clearly packed them away carefully!...or are they metal ones?
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all.

Good advice, LD. Looking back is a form of counting blessings. I try and do that at least once a day. Might not count all of them, but there's usually one or two I'm reminded of every day. One of them being Mr Snoop, who at this very moment is scraping frost off the car so we can get into town to buy veg at the outdoor market. The frost wasn't forecast and it's a job both of us loathe. So, one up to Mr Snoop this morning.

So today, shopping, cooking and a bit of paid work. Depending on the conditions when we get back from the market, I might try and fit a bit more digging in.

Have a lovely day, everyone. Enjoy those decorations, Burnie. And very exciting on the van and contents, Nicos.

Comment

• Morning wind and rain here so won't be doing much outdoors, instead I'll be in the nice warm kitchen baking bread and making sourdough oatcakes.

Exciting times for you Nicos have fun with your camper. wonder how Hibou will take to it.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks bren
                ...we thought we might camp in our field a few times to see if Hibiu takes to it.
                Thing is, she absolutely hates travelling in the car so we may have to leave her in the care of our neighbours .
                The other concern is that it’s taken years to dissuade her from exploring inside other people’s cars ( guests) as we’re worried she might accidentally get transported somewhere and never make it home....so it might not be good to encourage her to get into vehicles again.
                Difficult decision tbh.

Comment

• After the picture of sunrise I posted earlier , we’re waiting for our share of ‘sailor’s warning’ ...it’s looking like it’s heading our way.....

Comment

• Morning all. Shopping and tiling today.......joy!!

Get wood burner lit and walk dog first though.

TTFN
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                      The other concern is that it’s taken years to dissuade her from exploring inside other people’s cars ( guests) as we’re worried she might accidentally get transported somewhere and never make it home....so it might not be good to encourage her to get into vehicles again.
                      Difficult decision tbh.
                      We had a Fox terrier who loved being in the car any car he'd try and jump in then refuse to get out. mind you he was the same with the wheel barrow.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Wheelbarrow? Ha haha ha ha!!!! How sweet is that?

Comment

• Mornin Snadge...what are you tiling?

Comment

• Morning all. Yesterday was blue skies and sunshine. I actually did some present shopping. Some at a local garden centre which was very quiet as their very nice cafe is closed and then a trip to Dunelm for a couple of others (very quiet as well). I was feeling quite pleased with myself until I called round to drop off a prescription for an elderly relative and realised that she already has the article I've bought for her. Back to the drawing board......
                            Cold, wet and windy here today. Back to normal in other words. However it is warm and cosy here indoors so I am counting my blessings. I've got to do some shopping for a couple of the elderly in-laws later today. I still haven't made a decision about Christmas Day and it is creeping closer. However, regardless of the amount of guests, the only shopping difference will be the size of the joint of meat I buy and the amount of cream. I just want to keep everybody safe without upsetting them. I got a Christmas card from an elderly single friend of my husband's a couple of days ago with a thank you message which made me realise just how many people are really lonely and how even little things can make such a difference.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                              Grey, wet and stormy,
                              Going out this morni g to buy wrapping paper and will spent the afternoon wrapping gifts.
                              Just one gift left to purchase but no inspiration at present.

Nicos, I just love your idea of the camper van, would love to do something like that,
                              Hubby is meeting up with his brother after nine months and is very excited about it.
                              Strange times as he only lives five miles away.

Have a good day all and stay safe,

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• These are all glass and hand painted, some where from both of our Grand Parents, so pre second world war.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02800.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	582.8 KB
ID:	2513496

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X