Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afternoon All Hope things get a bit better for you Lottie x Sunny here but very cold. I got my long service award yesterday, 30 years of Renal, how time flies
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Wow!...well done Flo

Very sunny here too - all parcels due to arrive today have been delivered so I can now nip out and drop off the parcels I want to send
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Thinking of you, LD. Hope the GP manages to come up with some suggestions.

Comment

• I feel for you LD. Puts my woes into perspective. I told my daughter yesterday that I wouldn’t be going to hers for Christmas. After a minor rant she said quietly “We’ll miss you “.

I had to pick my meds up today and had a chat with the pharmacist, who is a personal friend. I told him about my decision re Christmas and he told me to change my mind.

I feel as if this year has sucked all the joy out of life.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Oh, and Nicos, seeing your posting in GR, have you been spying on my craft table?
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• things have happened since last post,it seemed to my head like all hell broke loose,took him some food,and he was slide right down in the chair,no way could i get him up,to a safe position,to eat,whilst i was trying to deal with things the DR rang,is going to sort a referel for pads,he could here me in tears and stressed and offered no advice whot so ever,only call the ambulance or carer's,rang the car team from S services,so reluctantly called 999,2hour plus later,they arrived,checked him over,all fine,rang eldest son,he coming over for a couple of days,and has aproached the birmingham agent about us renting the new place,until completion,waiting to hear back,i really am at breaking point,is not like me,all i want to do is cry my self to sleep,the cavalry will be here later on,we ended up not eating anything until not long ago,i would not feed him whilst laying down in case of chocking,after they crew got him sat up,he asked for his cornflakes bless him,i just sat down with a bowl for me,when he said have been calling you,neither younger son or me heard anything,upshot was,son took him into hand,whilst i sat and ate,if this was a story book reading,no body would believe it,but it is honest real life,this covid situation has put all sence and reasoning out of care in the community,if i was desperate to move before god only knows what to call it now ,the cavalry is coming sorry for the moan,i will bounce back,i promise.xx
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Your social services is a disgrace, LD. You shouldn't be having to cope like this. I'm so angry on your behalf. Do you have a named social services worker? They should be working on your behalf. It may be that because you're moving, they're not putting a full service in place because it will only be short term.

It's important you get a proper referral to the new social services dept for your new home so that they can have a care package in place from day one. This is perhaps even more crucial than your current situation as this will be your long-term arrangement. When my mum moved from a care home in Bristol to my brother's home in Cumbria, there were several conference calls between social services in Bristol and the social services dept in Cumbria, my brother and myself to ensure a smooth transfer and visits by carers on the day she arrived and occupational therapists and physiotherapists the day after.

Comment

• Thankou Snoop,no named worker as far as i know,a lady did give me her name and no,but is going on leave until 29th this month,then giving me another call,i can however leave a message said she,just k3eping fingers crossed,it can be agreed for us to rent our new place until completion,then i will have what help and support we both need,not just from son,but Granddaughters who work in care homes as well,plus d inlaw can give advice in things as well,this needs to happen for us,the property is vacant,the seller would be better off finaltialy if they were to agree,then just mabe,we can go before christmas,cutting it fine i know,you viners are a real emotional support,i thank you all very much,must now go and find some more food,i am hungry
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• My suggestion would be get professional support too, not just family. You will get all kinds of help eventually, most importantly occupational therapy, who will supply (and pay for) equipment like walkers, handrails, bathroom aids and even hoists should they ever be required. The sooner you get on their books, the better. My mum had no idea how to get help for my dad and was trying to manage on her own till he got picked up by social services following his admission to hospital. If you leave it till you're beyond desperate, it will seem like forever till you get the help you need. My mum now has her own care package, as she is severely disabled following a fall (only has the use of her left hand and even that 'misbehaves'). She pays for her carers' visits, but occupational therapy has provided all the aids she needs including a bed with special mattress, a commode, two hoists and a wheelchair. The GP's practice provides pads.

Comment

• We’re here for you lottie...maybe not to help around the home and not just to sympathise but help you realise you can get through this...hats off to you gal - you are handling a really difficult situation really, really well. * sends lots of very well deserved hugs ....

Comment

• Mornin n’alln’all

one week to go!!!!!

more paperwork for me again...I’m deciding I don’t like sitting working on the computer for hours at a time.....messing around on the vine and researching I’m more than happy to tinker around with though

What’s everyone got planned for the weekend?

Comment

• Morning all, gorgeouses.

Very cold night. Hard frost that is showing no signs of thawing even though the sun is up and the sky is bright blue.

Got a long list of things to do today. Not sure how many will get done, but some better had. Digging is there on the list but it might be one of the jobs that fall by the wayside.

Have a good one, everyone. Thinking of you, LD. As always.

Comment

• Morning
                            Friday has some around quick this week its almost the weekend again no real plans for it Nicos just work and dropping of a few prezzies after that it depends on the weather.

Take care.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Grey and windy here, but not too cold. Rain forecast later. I've got to call at the allotment and grab a sack of potatoes and some garlic today. LD, it sounds as if your local healthcare and social services are not working together to help you. I hope someone can sort things out to get you more help soon.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                                Dull and grey with a light shower.
                                No plans, just domestics today,
                                Thinking of you Lottie,
                                Have a good day all,

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment