Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cloudy here this morning. Bit like my mood. Probably low because I stayed up till silly o'clock updating the computer. Had to download one update three times before it would install. But at least it did. One of the comments online said that to get it going, you might need to unplug things like headphones, keyboard and mouse. So I did and lo and behold, it worked. But how mad to need to do that!

Also, I was pondering yesterday on how few of us are left here. We've had some new people join, but not as many who left. Following Rary's announcement, I feel quite bereft. Plus a total interloper as all I'm growing are weeds. So thanks to everyone still here and keeping going.

More of the same today as yesterday I think. With any luck, a lot more as I didn't achieve much at all yesterday.

Have a good day, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

Snoop, yes I agree.
      It's sad when a peep leaves even though we never get to meet.
      Perhaps it's the strangeness of the year that's making us all feel vulnerable.

Anyway, as you always say, on with the show.
      Lashing rain here and has been since yesterday.
      Must go grocery shopping this morning as my two friends will be coming for lunch tomorrow.
      Afternoon I will be back to the painting.
      Double doors on our house so it's a lot to paint.

Have a good day especially those that get a chance to do some gardening.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Morning, late on parade again, we seem to be staying up later and getting up later these days, I was wandering around in the dark with my Bat Detector again, I'm trying to find out a bit about their lives, I was surprised so many were out in the drizzle last night, but there were huge numbers of Moths around. I think I now know whose caterpillars have been eating all my veg.

Comment

Morning all! I’m the same burnie but I’m going to bed earlier and getting up later!!! Don’t sleep much though!
          its a kind of stuffy day today dull but warm.
          We are just back from 10 days in Ayrshire...picked the best time, weather was fab. Anyhoo domestics to be done so catch up with you later. Have a great day. x
          sigpic

Comment

Afternoon,see you later RARY,look forwards to hearing what you been up to,you just gota get ready for the gardeners rest,that is providing it can be opened ext,ext,ext,
            Am pleased the weather is cooler,spare room all done,looks so much fresher,it is a shame about peeps leaving,i do miss VC and her experiments,we just have to carry on,maybe they will return,but for us the grass is still green,have a good afternoon and stay safe
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Afternoon, I potted up my lettuce then between the showers I planted out the rest mostly into tubs and window troughs hopefully to keep them away from slugs. Raining again now so I’m back indoors.
              Enjoy your day
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Afternoon!
                The house now stinks of vinegar instead of paint!
                Just pickled a pile of quail eggs.yum.
                Last edited by Nicos; 18-08-2020, 02:06 PM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I've never plucked up the courage to eat a pickled egg, I've done some stuff that the bush tucker man and Ray Mears would be proud of, even nearly as daft as Hugh Fearlessly Eats it all, but boiled eggs.................urghhhhhhh

Comment

I've only got garlic and a few onions this year Snoop, so you're not alone It absolutely poured when I was in the hairdresser, then the sun came out. WFH tomorrow and Thursday so a later start thank goodness. I'm getting too old for the dark mornings, but I don't feel ready to retire yet, but I am getting the vibes that higher management would like me to.
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Good evening all.
                      Its finally stopped raining.
                      Spent the morning doing a large grocery shop.
                      Spent the afternoon painting.
                      Adult grandson came to visit unexpectedly which was lovely.
                      Glad to hear everyone is well.Hsve a good evening.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Good morning all.Busy day ahead. Got to fetch home and extract four boxes of honey. Where to put it all is the issue. Sometimes I wish I could keep bees without having to deal with honey too. maybe I'm getting too old for all the lifting and carting about.

I shall miss Rary and his humour. Hope he stays well and looks in now and then.
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

Mornin n'alln'all

Nice bit of gentle rain going on again here. really happy about it!

MH...how many hives do you have?....it's always something which has fascinated me.
                          Have you ever tried making candles or anything with the wax?

Talking of wax...Today I hope to start 'waxing' some of the study walls. Basically it's a sort of semiliquid wax with added colouring which you gentley rub onto the surface of the plaster. It gives the surface a bit of movement in colour....and it can be gently wiped down if it gets marked.
                          We've had terrible problems tracking down the colour we used previously - only to find out it's been discontinued..but we've found something similar so fingers crossed it looks ok.

Time for a brew first though and a breakfast of stewed windfall apples with our blackcurrants and live yogurt.
                          Gawd this diet is taking some getting into ...for some crazy reason I keep fancying vanilla ice cream ...
                          Last edited by Nicos; 19-08-2020, 06:38 AM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Morning Motthawk and all.

17 degrees and overcast here, forecast to reach 19 today and looks like we're in for an afternoon of steady rain. Keeping an eye on the toms for blight, there are so many green ones it'd be a shame to loose them.

Sorry to hear you're taking a break Rary but can fully understand it. Maybe see you again in the winter months

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Morning, I've been in the garden earlier like MrB we've due rain from 11-ish so though it was best to make a early start.

Nicos I'd not heard of waxing walls did a bit of a search and it have a nice effect on the walls.
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Afternoon, all. Started the morning with a whoosh but have slowed down since I sat at the computer. Ah well, fortunately there are a few more productive hours left in the day! But I think a cup of tea might be in order before I settle down to proper work...

Have just read the weather forecast for the next few days. Temperatures due to go back up to the mid to top 30s. Not what I wanted.

Catch you all later. Have a good afternoon, everyone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X