Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Evening All Another busy one but managed to make a liver and sausage casserole for tomorrow so I don't have to mess after being at work. See you early tomorrow
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Last night I looked out of the window as it was getting dark and felt the first thrill of the ‘comfort’ of dark winter nights in a cosy house.
      ( that’s if they ever get Around to fixing the central heating for us!!!!)
      There are other ways getting comfort in a dark winters night, and it's far better that depending on central heating
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all, I had a kidney stone in each kidney, fine until they went walkabout, they then got stuck and both had to be unstuck, and they didn't make a hole to go in, the used one that was already there, I was walking around like John Wayne who had lost his horse for days lol. Gall stones were worse, even without the gall bladder I still have occasional stomach problems and can't eat as much as I used to be able.

Comment

• I am, touch wood, so lucky so far (stoneless). I have great sympathy with all you kidney and gallstones sufferers as my husband succumbed to infected gallstones while we were on holiday in Spain several years ago (very scary). He spent 9 days in hospital in Barcelona where he was looked after really well and had 2 stones removed and eventually had his gallbladder removed back in the U.K. (complete cock-up). He can, and does, eat everything he fancies now however.
          The elderly relative who had temporarily taken leave of her senses and was in a parallel universe is now back on planet earth and is coming home tomorrow I am happy to say.

I still haven't managed to get to the allotments as soon as the weather improves I need some me time and peace alone with nature.

Comment

• Good Morning All Feels warmer! Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Good to see you're in fine fettle as ever, Rary. All this talk of stones is making me feel all hypochondriacal. Glad your relative is back home, GF.

Bright blue and still here this morning. Bit quiet after all the wind recently. But I did get woken in the night. By the noise of rain. Haven't heard it for so long I instantly sat up. Took me a while to work out what it was. Not much at all, but enough for the ground to still be a little damp still. The weed seeds will be enjoying it at least.

More of the same today. Better get going. Hope you all have lovely days. Stay safe and well.

Comment

• Morning today looks like being dryer than yesterday so I'll be out in the garden soon just a general tidy up removing things that have finished then covering the area with dalek compost.

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Still get the occasional 'soggy bottom' Bren but all in all the pies are OK. Tried baking the bottom blind but didn't seem to make much difference.
                Snadger I read somewhere that sprinkling the base of the pie with cornflour helps prevent soggy bottom. Not tried it though.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all. Thanks for the tip Bren, I'll give it a try.

I'm going a bit stir crazy with this flaming wet weather. I'm about ready for saying "Sod It" and donning the wet weather gear and just getting on with it........as I used to do when I was younger.

It doesn't seem as dark and foreboding this morning so I may try an allotment visit or even get my grass cut!

Take care folks.
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Bit is a strange say yesterday...

Sadly Mom is back in hospital .

It was OH's burpday ... so we went out for the day .
                    We did get a phone call first thing to ask if they could come and fix the boiler and we said no!!!!..so they are coming today instead.
                    Just needed a change if scene tbh and some distracting.
                    It was a lovely day - I think we both feel better for it. We went to a large village an hour away which has 2 chateaux , a stunning medieval garden and a prehistoric passage tomb. Wow!...
                    And nope it didn't chuck it down as forecast - just a few light showers and some lovely rainbows.
                    Steak and chips and burpday cake when we got home with a bottle of fizz.

And yes rary () it works a treat !

The expected frost didn't appear so now I feel frustrated we picked our strawberries, but we didn't want to risk losing them.

The only pies I make these days are steak and kidney, steak and Guinness and leek and turkey/chicken - but generally in casserole foremat with a pastry topping with a pattipan
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh...forgot to say Bren and Snadge - that's what my mom used to do -cornflour on the base.
                      She used to win the WI competitions with her apple pies.
                      Always cooked on a metal plate too it that makes a difference?

Comment

• Snadge- are you on FB?

I sometimes go onto my OH's to keep up with family posts and there is a lass on there called Jack Monroe who does amazing frugal recipes.
                        She had a tough time financially and mentally a few years ago and is a very interesting cook .
                        She has a few books out - worth keeping your eyes peeled for her name in the charity shop - or follow her online.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Oh...forgot to say Bren and Snadge - that's what my mom used to do -cornflour on the base.
                          She used to win the WI competitions with her apple pies.
                          Always cooked on a metal plate too it that makes a difference?
                          I got some enamelled tin plates bought them years ago when we first started camping they're handy for pies.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Glad to hear you had a nice day, Nicos. But sorry about your mum.

Comment

• Thanks Snoop - feeling pretty distraught tbh . What will be will be but it's all so frustratingly sad.

Comment

• Sending your Mum best wishes Nicos.
                                Wet 'n' horrid here today, forecast was for dry and we were going out, doubt we'll go far in this, fires lit.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X