This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'alln'all

we got a message yesterday evening to say the heating guy is coming this morning!!! !
    Tbh it's the lack of hot water on tap that's got to me more than lack of central heating as we have alternatives in the form of woodfires , electric heaters and one good old fashioned portable calorgas heater ....and of course plenty of warm clothes!

Boiling kettles and pans is, however, a right pain

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Darn!!!!They have just unpacked our part.....and part of it is missing
      Looks like we now have to wait until Tuesday...which is OHs burpday and we are planning a day out.
      The first one in weeks.
      Pah and double Pah

The good news is that they have found the problem with my mom and it is treatable and she can go home soon with support.
      Which is wonderful
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning that's good news about your Mum Nicos its frustrating about having missing parts though.

Its fine here this morning so I'll clear out courgettes thats finished and tidy the veg beds in general.
        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 09-10-2020, 07:06 AM.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

You'll get there eventually Nicos but glad things are on the up.

A bit parky here today but at least its not raining.

See ya later folks.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Great news about your mum, Nicos.

Might you be able to celebrate husband's birthday with a hot bath and fluffy towels at home? Gin and tonic on the side of the bath? Doubtless Rary would have something to say about this, though!

More of the same for me today. But at least it's Friday and Monday is a public holiday, so that's good. Three days of nobody bugging me.

On with the work, I guess. Have a good day everyone. Stay safe and dry. Time for some new wellies, mothhawk?

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Another fine morning som another walk.
              Good news about your mam Nicos.
              You will get there eventually with the hot water.
              Have a good day all and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, good news about your mum Nicos!! Happy Burpday to Mr. Nicos when it comes...hope it’s a warm one.

Friday again, where has the week gone...busy doing nothing!! It’s chilly too, I have the heating on (sorry Nicos!)

Have a great day everyone, off for a coffee! x
                sigpic

Comment

• It's soggy here too! Glad I cleared out the trench drain around my plot last week (on a slope and there is a drain in at the uphill end...

Good to hear about your mum Nicos.

Comment

• I couldn't wait until November to get rid of the pain and so rang the dentist who took pity on me. I'm just back. He drained an infected tooth and took it out. Not expecting the Tooth Fairy,
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• ^Glad you managed to get it sorted, FF. Toothache is awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                        I couldn't wait until November to get rid of the pain and so rang the dentist who took pity on me. I'm just back. He drained an infected tooth and took it out. Not expecting the Tooth Fairy,
                        Thats good news you're sorted Flo
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all, been a nice day, cold wind but bright and dry, Sparrow Hawk had a Blue Tit on the front lawn, sad for the little one, but that's mother natures way, the Hawk was a stunning bird though, she comes through everyday and isn't always successful. I shelled the beans I've been drying and put them in a jar in a dark cupboard to use in some soups later and SWMBO picked a few carrots and made an excellent cake, low sugar but I fear it's not low calories though lol.

Comment

• Good Morning All Bright here after a shower. I feel so much better after my ordeal yesterday Have a good day All
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

Glad your tooth's sorted, Flo, toothache is about the worst pain there is.

Pleased your Mum's on the mend, Nicos, hope the rest of the test results are good. Frustrating about the missing part though. It's hard to keep your cool when that happens and it's been promised for so long.

Yes, snoop, definitely time for new wellies, hopefully a new pair is already on its way. I spent last winter with a leak in one boot, but having both now letting in water/mud is too much. they were fairly cheap and as the hollow heels wore down water got in, and the heels are not sealed from the rest of the boot so water seeped through. I was surprised to find the heels were hollow, not solid.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good afternoon all,autumn is here,the only changes here are,agents dropped the price,even they are gob smacked at no viewings,so no feed back,happy news about your mom Nicos,hope the heating gets sorted soon,happy relief eh FF,hope all all well,try to stay positive through the gloomy weather ext ext,just remember to Bgood2yourselves,as well as others,i personally have had several chillouts and sleeps,have a good afternoon
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X