X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, guys.

Comment

• Morning another wet day here by the looks of it. still have apples to use up so that's my todays plan.

Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
      Thanks for all the good wishes for 'im indoors. I hate almond paste and royal icing so I never "ruin" my cakes with it. As a child my sister took all the almond paste and icing and I took all the cake.
      I'm with you there on the cakes, I don't even like cream on my mine. Happy birthday to Mr G
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
        Sunshiney here ATM so I'll go out for a walk while it lasts. Then I must sow the winter purslane and lambs lettuce.
        Have a good day all.
        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
        Endless wonder.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Many Happies MrG !... hope you have a great day

Looks like we need to go to Caen again to collect the bedroom flooring today or tomorrow. Really, really not wanting to go but it's on offer and it's the best one we've seen.
          I may just go to get out and wait in the car!

Only 2 mice last night but I was listening to a couple of others in the roof insulation moving around Hazel nuts and munching on a few The tree is literally outside the bedroom window so I can't blame them moving them to somewhere dry and warm for the winter.
          When we bought this house and the previous owner was moving out their bed they spotted a hole in the mattress ...and there were a huge pile of stored hazelnuts inside it!
          Needless to say the first thing we did was fill all the tiny gaps in the wall to try and keep them out of the inside of the bedroom at least

Brens been working hard on the polls for the VVS...it was difficult to work through the changes on the site.
          Well done Bren...just wanted everyone to know that you put a lot of time into it

So.....everyone get voting!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm another one who removes the icing and marzipan!!!! Yukkkk
            Looks pretty though.

Comment

• Morning all.

Bright blue and breezy again today. Temps have risen a few degrees but frost well and truly here at the weekend if the weather reports are anything to go by. A small frost corner the other day. Nowhere else, just around where the dogs get fed. If it hadn't been for them, I'd never have noticed it. Ten days to two weeks ahead of time. Must go and collect some figs for freezer before it's too late.

Usual day of busy-busy. Mr Snoop has gone into town and I can't remember if he told me he'd be staying there till this afternoon. Losing my marbles, I am. Anyway, plenty to keep me occupied till then.

Have a great day, everyone. Congrats to Mr GF. Have a good day and stay safe. Oh, and good luck, Nicos.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                Its dull and very breezy here.
                I have been gifted a bag of windfall apples so going to make apple jelly.
                Going for my flu injection this afternoon so that's my day sorted.
                Have a good one and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening!

We find finally go to Caen and we both rushed around the DIY shop and got everything we needed. It was interesting to see that everyone was wearing masks - but interestingly surgical ones- probably 95% as opposed to pretty fabric ones.
                  Its a higher risk area than where we live so it was good to see people being super cautious .

My mom is back in hospital again..poor thing - she collapsed yesterday evening and is still undergoing tests.

I went to collect our flu jabs yesterday Bramble but was told they couldn't be collected until the 13 th....my OHs burpday ! ... so I have a feeling it'll be the following day
                  Early night for me - didn't sleep well last night so I'm hoping to crash out!

Comment

• Good night all.
                    We have both had our flu jabs so that's another thing ticked off the list.
                    Glad to have it done as there were rumours of a shortage this year,
                    Nicod, make sure you get yours at the earliest you can.
                    Sorry to hear your mam is back in hospital, so very worrying for you.
                    Hope everyone had a good day,

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Bit colder today but dry so far. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning

Most around here wear fabric face coverings but it's disappointing to see the amount of surgical ones dropped on the ground on a 10 min walk to the shops earlier in the week i spotted 4 of them.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Sorry to hear about your mum, Nicos. Fingers crossed she bounces back like the last time. Hospitals aren't easy places to be, let alone these days.

Cloudy today here but still warm. Change definitely on its way at the weekend.

Not much other news. Got a lot done yesterday, plenty more to do today and for the next week or so.

Have a good one, all. Stay safe.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            I slept really well last night for a change -only to be woken by Hibou crunching her way through a mouse.

I'm really hoping the central heating boiler is fixed soon-I'm desperate for a loooog soak in the tub. Never liked showers tbh , but I'd even plumb for one of those if there was any hot water!!!

Cold out there innit???? Brrr

Comment

• Morning all.

Sorry to hear your Mum's back in hospital Nicos. Not a great place to be while our infection rate is rising so fast. It's a big worry for you. Hope she's out again soon and feeling better.

Went for an early walk as it was overcast and looked as if it might rain, and now sitting here, I see the sun has emerged and there's hardly a cloud in the sky. Cold wind though.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                It was sunny earlier but it's raining now.
                                Spent the morning making my apple jelly, all done now.
                                Got an hours walk in before the rain started.
                                Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...