• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Not raining. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
      How are things at the hospital - are you still doing some days working from home?

Not raining here either!

I'm hoping to get some gardening done this weekend too - weather permitting.
      We've loads of shredding and more cutting back to do...plus chopping up loads of starter wood , so hopefully I'll be playing outside for the next 3 days!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Eve in n'alln'all
        Feeling very stuffed with our own roasted veg.
        It still thrills me to see (and enjoy eating!) what those tiny seeds can produce by the end of the growing season!

We picked the last of our Conference pears today. Yummy!

Our weather here was also better than forecast rary....pity I spent it indoors being a Domestic Goddess
        Still it's good to be able to cross off some chores from the 'Never ending list of Urgent Jobs'

its amazing to think that the clocks go back in just over a week!.. it'll be Xmas before we know it!!!!
        Morning all.

You have just reminded me about the conference pear (in plural) Nicos. The pear tree is on a dwarfing rootstock and in a large pot. I shall relish the single pear it has produced this year and hope for a few more next year.

Looks dour outside again (what's new?) so I may not be out apart from walking the dog a couple of times.

Take care folks. TTFN.
        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• The weather is quite pleasant here. It is just upsetting that I haven't managed to get to the allotment at all. Most of my time and effort seems to have been taken up running around after the "confused" elderly relative. There is nothing physically wrong with her and I had got her flat all ready and stocked for her to come home earlier in the week. She then refused to cooperate again on the day she was due home, wouldn't take her tablets etc. So I am now back to hospital visiting. She wouldn't speak to me yesterday and wouldn't even put her hearing aids in. None of her brothers are fit enough to go see her so at the moment she is stuck with me. I feel really sorry for her but I just feel as if I am banging my head against a brick wall and am now beginning to feel manipulated.
          I am glad things are working out for your mum Nicos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
            Mornin Flon'all
            How are things at the hospital - are you still doing some days working from home?
            Some Nicos, on a management rota so two days at home one week and three the next IYKWIM. Feel much safer at home than behind a mask at work. One of our staff routinely swabbed was positive this week, despite being asymptomatic, so we now have only two staff in a big outpatient department for fourteen days. Luckily I wasn't in close proximity. Well, you did ask!

Comment

• ^Good luck, FF. Must be very difficult.

Comment

• Sorry. I haven’t been on here for some time. I’m not going to try and catch up with the posts I’ve missed. I’ll just try and keep up from now on. A bonus would be if we could have next unread on the threads.

"I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening, how quickly the days change now its very dark outside and to think just 2 weeks ago I was still working outside at this time, again a nice dry day today so got a bit more garden work done, last night OH had been thinking of going out to a garden centre for a bite to eat, but when she got up this morning thankfully she had changed her mind, so as said I spent the time in the garden and to finish off I brushed up the patio then brushed leaves off the grass, went in the house washed my hands made a cup of coffee for OH and myself walked through to the conservatory to see both patio and grass covered in leaves take care FF and stay safe, that of course is applicable to all of you, wishing you all well
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning gorgeouses.

Bright, blue, no wind but cold. Very hard frost this morning. Very pretty says Mr Snoop. Me, I only saw it through the window as I was being lazy and having a lie-in while pondering the day ahead. Getting very bored with work, but needs must.

Friend coming for lunch today and lots to get through before then.

Catch you all later. Have a lovely Saturday.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      A bright and breezy morning and the sun is shining.
                      Big pitch and putt competition today so perfect weather for it.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here and drizzly Better put the washing on the radiators. Had word from work yesterday that no visitors will be allowed to in patients from Monday as Sheffield is on high alert again. Strange times

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                          Just snook in there before UK midday !

lovely day here too. I'm keeping on looking at the long wet grass in the garden- parts are easily 8" high...

Keep safe Flo - very difficult times for everyone in the medical environment.

Good luck in the competition Bramble- do you have loads of people entering or are the numbers down a bit?

Lovely to see you rary - keep up the good work...you always bring a smile to my face

Ah Snoop - you've beaten us to the first frost of the winter - we were forecast several this week but nothing as yet has happened.
                          Im always sad to see the nasturtiums collapse in the frost ...they give such a lovely bit of colour in the garden.

janie ..lovely to see you again , I was wondering what you've been getting up to. How is the greenhouse doing.?

GF...you can only do what you can do .... I can sympathise though xx

Snadge ...what variety of pear? I have three different espalier pear trees and only the Conference has done well this year. The others are Williams and an unknown but their blossoms both seem to be hit by the frost each year.

Have I missed anyone out? Bren and Burnie ....gives a little wave ....

Sharing 'rary Smiles' and hugs to anyone in need or just fancies one! X

See ya later peeps......
                          Last edited by Nicos; 17-10-2020, 06:24 PM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening its been mostly rain here today with bits of fog it looks like being dry tomorrow so Ill be pulling out plants that have finished cucs and some toms.

Nicos my nasturtiums are still going strong I'm hoping to pick more seeds pots to pickle. even spotted a few sweet pea flowers really brightened my morning

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening, it's been dull but dry here today, so decided to pressure wash the driveway, so now washed and sand brushed in and hopping that does it till next summer, I also cut down a couple of tin sheets to use as the sides for a raised bed that I am prepairing and if it's still dry tomorrow I will be uprooting and moving 4 apple trees I will be planting them along with 2 in pots in an area where I had some raspberries in pots, well enjoy your evening and remember to keep yourself and others safe

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening all.
                                What started off sunny turned really dull but it stayed dry.
                                Nicos, we had 56 ladies playing today.l
                                So many changes and rearrangements but still getting to play.
                                Each trio are allocated a time with five minute intervals between starting.
                                Nobody handles anything belonging to anybody else.
                                The clubhouse is closed so no tea or any social activity before or afterwards.
                                Cash is put in a slotted box so no handling any monies.
                                It seems to be working so far.
                                The men play on Sunday and the juveniles on Wednesday afternoon.
                                So far, do good with hand sanitizers and it being outdoors.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X