This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all.

It's a bit misty out, but the air smells lovely, full of the scent of fallen leaves and earth. I love autumn.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Morning shopping first then I'll probably be in the garden after that.

Good puck at the dentist Flo.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.

Very chilly and quite cloudy out. Distinctly foggy when I got up but that has dispersed.

First Covid cases in our village reported. Lots of elderly folk live here, but many of them very healthy. Fingers crossed it doesn't spread. Feeling a bit daft after all my gadding about and chit-chatting the other day.

Diet going well but today will be a challenge, as noted on the Cooking tonight thread.

Loads of work to do as well, so better hop to it.

Have a good one everyone. Stay safe and well.

Comment

• Morning all another overcast day, no frost but it's not what you might call very sweaty, no plans for the day, though I might get the bow saw out and cut up a wheel barrow full of wood for the fire, need to be outside doing something. Take care all and enjoy your day.

Comment

• Good morning, one of those dampish kind of mornings, too risky to go out without a waterproof and so makes it a bit clamy when walking, however have been out and now having a coffee after which I will be out tidying up, well that what I have told OH and gets me out of housework also waiting on a delivery of 20lts. of vinigar which I will splash about the back garden, right need to go jus t now

it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
              Good morning, one of those dampish kind of mornings, too risky to go out without a waterproof and so makes it a bit clamy when walking, however have been out and now having a coffee after which I will be out tidying up, well that what I have told OH and gets me out of housework also waiting on a delivery of 20lts. of vinigar which I will splash about the back garden, right need to go jus t now

I tried spraying the weeds on my path with vinegar. It did absolutely nothing!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

I tried spraying the weeds on my path with vinegar. It did absolutely nothing!
                It's not for weeds Snadger I have soaked my new raised bed with a vinigar solution already, but intend giving it 2 or 3 more acid washes along with all the paths and the patio, which hopefully will kill off the flatworms, I want to get it done as soon as possible, then hopefully it will then get washed out over the winter, of course I will need to buy some lime which I will treat the bed with before the new growing season
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Afternoon n'alln'all
                  good luck with the flatworms rary -hope it helps!

Oh and Flo...good luck!

bonfire night....traditional hotpot for supper for us .Not got any fireworks -they are hard to find this time of the year tbh -mostly in the shops for NewYear celebrations and Bastille Day. we're in lockdown so I won't be looking for any either. Not even got those tiny sparklers for cakes. I actually gave up on those once I crunched on a bit of burnt sparkler which had dropped into some ice cream once -I almost lost a filling
                  Its the smell of fireworks I love tbh...

See ya later peeps -lots to do!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I haven't been to a bonfire for several years but I still have strong memories from being a small child of the excitement of helping make a "Guy" and build the bonfire. It always seemed to start drizzling as it got dark but never stopped us. I remember the smell of smoke and gunpowder, burning sausages and frying onions.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post

It's not for weeds Snadger I have soaked my new raised bed with a vinigar solution already, but intend giving it 2 or 3 more acid washes along with all the paths and the patio, which hopefully will kill off the flatworms, I want to get it done as soon as possible, then hopefully it will then get washed out over the winter, of course I will need to buy some lime which I will treat the bed with before the new growing season
                      Interesting plan rary. Are you sure this won't be detrimental to other (good guys) soil flora & fauna though? My previous allotment site was very acidic , but there were still flatworms there!
                      Is it an experiment or is it based on conclusive results?
                      Good luck with it either way as they are horrible things.
                      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon All Had an urgent meeting this afternoon so had to reschedule the dentist. Just received the news that Himself's cousin has died from the virus, he was 65. Stay safe you lot.
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Flo, hope "himself" is ok.
                          I decided as the sun came out it was off to the hills, SWMBO was not fancying a hike, so I was out for almost 5 hours and never saw a thing, lovely sunshine and some autumn colours, this young Hairy Coo wandered over to see if I had anything for it to eat.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	BM1K2094.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	528.9 KB
ID:	2511555

Comment

• Originally posted by Snadger View Post

Interesting plan rary. Are you sure this won't be detrimental to other (good guys) soil flora & fauna though? My previous allotment site was very acidic , but there were still flatworms there!
                            Is it an experiment or is it based on conclusive results?
                            Good luck with it either way as they are horrible things.
                            It's an experiment Snadger, I know that vinigar kills them and thought that giving it a vinigar wash might kill them off if they are present in the garden, though after reading that bit about your last allotment site may indicate that it won't make any difference as for the good guys, I was thinking that as you can give some ericaceous plants a soak with vinegar without any detrimental effects and that it doesn't seem to effect earthworms I hope everything will be ok

Comment

• Evening, a few fireworks going of nothing like other years though plus I can't smell any bonfires either. looks like being a quiet evening here.

Flo its sad news about Himself's cousin xx

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Hope you're all doing OK in your family, FF. You stay safe too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X