Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Up early doors as I have to make flapjacks (didn't make cake or bread as gifts yesterday as no time, and I know flapjacks will prove popular, so...) .The local peaches are also good at the moment so will send a tray of those to birthday-boy with friend.

Poured with rain yesterday and last night. Around 100 mm per square metre. You can tell how dry everything was: not much run-off, fortunately, and the ground is already firm enough to walk on. More due today and tomorrow. Great to hear it filling up our rainwater collection tank.

Other than that, not much news. Diet did not go well yesterday, but not unexpected. You can't expect to eat doro and misir wat and baked peach and cream, oh and drink a beer, and expect to lose weight! Back on it today. Big pile of work to get through, but not as big as it was yesterday, so that's good.

Catch you all later. Have a good one and stay safe and well.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Thanks for your thoughts friends, we weren't close, but knowing someone well makes it very real It's very foggy here but feels warmer than yesterday. Lots of fireworks last night, but nothing after midnight for a change. Have a good day All
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning the fogs almost cleared here Flo like you say it was thick earlier. Best get on there's plenty of leaves i want to collect for my cage.

Enjoy your day
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It's a very grey and murky morning here. Quite foggy. We didn't get anything like the normal amount of fireworks here last night. Just a few not long after it got dark. It's only 6°C here at the moment so I 'm in no hurry to go outside.

Comment

• Morning, touch of frost this morning, now sunny and clear blue sky, take care and enjoy the day all.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Bright and breezy here.
              Meeting my 2 year old grandson in the park for a kickabout.
              My eldest grandson turns 30 today so quite a gap,
              Have a good days.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Tis a beautiful sunny calm day here. Now it's warming up a bit I'm tempted to go out and play! ...either that or scrub the lounge floor so it'll be ready for putting the flooring down! Hmm...I think that can wait a bit longer!!

sorry Flo-I did mean to say I was sorry to hear about your OH's cousin. It is very real isn't it?
                The twin of a very close friend caught Covid back in March and she's still suffering very badly from Long Covid even now.
                That was a slap in the face of reality for me tbh... if either of us got as ill as her then we couldn't stay in this house and would probably have to move back to the UK....it's the unknown aspect isn't it?????

On a happier note...It looks like I'm going to be a granny
                First one Such uplifting news !!!!! So another excuse for you all to share in the happy event with a glass of something eh????

Looks like I better start knitting something useful!

Nearly weekend.....enjoy your day peeps -and do a 'rary' ( the only person I can smile to is my OH...and he might get the wrong idea!!!!)
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's starting to clear here eventually but still only 7°C. I've been busy so far. I've got stew burbling away in the slow cooker, a Yorkshire pudding mixed and sitting in the fridge and the breadmaker clunking away. I think I'll go and attack the bathroom next.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    Morning all.Diet did not go well yesterday, but not unexpected. You can't expect to eat doro and misir wat and baked peach and cream, oh and drink a beer, and expect to lose weight!
                    Why not? "‹"‹"‹"‹
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• ^Very good, Rary.

In other news, the rodent invasion continues. My car wouldn't start this morning. As I'm sitting in it pumping pedals and shouting to Mr Snoop who's got his head under the bonnet, a country rat (not one of the massive jobs like in the basement) scuttles around my feet and jumps out. Under the bonnet is more evidence of rodent activity - chewed insulation and an odd wire that has obviously come adrift from where it was attached to, and bits of fluffy material in the air filter and elsewhere around the bodywork.

Either we need to borrow Hibou or we need to supplement our cats with some younger models. Our two are now 14 and are perhaps not as nimble or determined as they used to be.

Comment

• ^^ I would have had a fit if there had been a rat in the car. I am absolutely phobic about them. Cats can keep them down but sometimes a dog is better. Small terriers are good but I've even seen a Great Dane catch and kill a rat. Patience and an air gun is my preferred option. I hope you can sort out your car.

Comment

• Afternoon all.

Congratulations on your impending grannyhood, Nicos. My mum heard yesterday she will soon be a great-granny for the eighth time. She already has seven GGS's and this one's a boy too. There'll soon be enough for a football team!
                          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                          Endless wonder.

Comment

• Arthurnoon n'all

Sounds like you need a couple of brave young female cats Snoop..they reflect their mothers behaviour so you need to find a good ratter mommy.
                            OH had a mouse make its nest in the insulation of his bonnet and I've had hazelnuts rattling around inside my dashboard...but never seen a live rat inside the car!!!!...eeewww!

When we had a new central heating boiler installed in our cellar the engineer suggested rat poison at all time underneath it as it is quite common apparently for mice/rats to move into/under them during the winter to keep warm!..and yes they will chew through wire to make their movement easier- a potentially very expensive experience!
                            Needless to say we won't use rat poison because of Hibou....but I'm sure, eventually, it'll happen to us.

But you know I did read some advice a long time ago in the uk that it's best to leave the loo lid down when you go away on holiday as rats are quite happy to nip up from the sewers and explore your house whilst it's quiet!!!!! Eeeewwwwwww again!!!!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Nearly weekend.....enjoy your day peeps -and do a 'rary' ( the only person I can smile to is my OH...and he might get the wrong idea!!!!)
                              Spoil sport. give the man a smile
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Congratumulations Nickers as an old friend of the Vine would say xxx
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X