This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, all.

Bright blue and getting hot here already. Due to be hot and cloudy this afternoon, never a good combination.

An absolute ton of work to do so better get on with it.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Morning all.

Pleasantly warm here. Went out early, 5.30ish, for a walk before it gets too hot, and regretted going without my bodywarmer, because I always keep a plastic bag in the pocket. And I wished I'd had it, 'cos the cherries are ripe!

There are several cherries among the hundreds of trees that were planted around the nature reserve, and they are absolutely loaded. And ripe! Some are sweet, some Morello type, and some are the wild gean that has very small cherries.

In fact one tree has gone past ripe and the cherries were beginning to go squashy and shrivel. I shall foray out again tomorrow early. With a bag.
      Last edited by mothhawk; 24-06-2020, 12:25 PM.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• I have a morello type wild cherry tree and a black cherry tree -both massive but not heavily laiden this year.
        I find mixing the wild cherry juice in with the black cherries whilst cooking brings out the flavour better-particularly with jams.

THanks for the prompt -I should take them today or tomorrow before the rains come otherwise they will start to rot!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
          We have a nice sunny start to the day with light fluffy clouds.
          We are out to the toy store to buy a gift for our grandson.
          He will be 2 on 4th July, an Independence Day baby.
          Looking forward to doing some gardening this afternoon.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, had a lie in today after yesterdays 13 hour marathon, we have very warm, forecast 20 degrees, plenty hot enough for us up here. A lazy day in the garden looks like the last of the early peas in the greenhouse will need picking along with some carrots, take care all, plenty of sunscreen on...…...

Comment

• 26C and humid, keeping out of the sun for a while
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Good day all. I've come indoors as it's much too hot to work outside. Someone is playing music. I went outside to see if I could hear where it's coming from, but I can't hear it at all out there. It has to be one of my neighbours, probably the one to my right as she runs a music shop. It's either her or her OH playing a wind instrument. It's not loud and is rather pleasant.

Her piano tuner lived there for a short while and used to play the piano sometimes in the middle of the night. We found it didn't disturb us and we got free live music.

I've had 3 separate deliveries of live plants today, all from the same supplier and on the same order. The poor plants are very droopy and one may not live as the postman decided to bend the box and try an shove it through the letterbox even though it said "live plants" and "do not bend". New postperson. My usual one is Mandy and she's very good.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon no gardening today apart from early morning watering and collected parsley for freezings but that’s about it. I’m hiding under the gazebo just now watching the birds not seen any butterflies though
                  Last edited by Bren In Pots; 24-06-2020, 01:15 PM.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've come indoors too Janie -just no air out there
                    How lovely having musicians next door!

The hens are hiding indoors too -we have a parasol up over the Quail hutches -much needed as it's saying 35C in the shade at the moment.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Wow wee.... It's been a scorcher today! I popped out to the garden briefly at lunchtime to put the bedding out and it was meltingly hot

When it cools down later, I'll pop out and stake the tomatoes and do a bit of deweeding

How lovely about the music JanieB
                      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

• Good afternoon it has been a mixed day today with one or two showers but now we have blue ske and hot sun, I have a skip coming tomorrow so have moved everything getting tossed out down to the gate OH can't understand why I have asked her to stay close to watch no-one takes anything now going to tidy up a bit as it looks like it's going to be a warm day tomorrow,. Enjoy the evening and take care
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot to scorchio. Have a good day
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all.

More of the same weatherwise and workwise. And the builder is here with a new lad we've not met before. Water tank is finished so they're onto the back wall now.

Have a good one, everyone. Catch you later.

Comment

• Looking good here too, so must get jobs done before it's too hot, back later, gotta go grab Thursday and get the best out of it.

Comment

• Beautiful morning here.
                                Everything 8n the greenhouse watered.
                                Off out to play a few practice rounds of pitch and putt with my sister.
                                Gardening in the afternoon.
                                Thunderstorm warning with a risk of flooding here for this evening.
                                Have a good dsy all and enjoy the lovely weather.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X