• Show
Clear All

• Another one here, sheltering from the sun

Like your do Flo..
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• 32C and UV 9
      guess who is hiding indoors again
      At least my washing dried outside in 20 mins!!!!!!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon beginning to dry up here though it feels a bit muggy, going to go out after lunch and make some shelves outside the greenhouse where I can sit my feeds, was out earlier to get some petrol that's the first I have bought since February, right will have a quick cuppa then out
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I'm just having a cup of Earl Grey rary!
          Perfectly refreshing for such a hot sunny day
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all. Had my first click & collect slot early today and it was nice to actually get out and drive somewhere after so much isolation. As soon as I got home I cancelled the deivery I managed to get with Tesc0s and got another C&C with JS. they are closest to me and where I normally shop but only manged to register with them last week. Joy, proper rolled oats instead of mushy powdery porage oats!

On the back of that, went and checked my bees, and found the farmer has unlocked the gates again, so I could drive up instead of having to walk a quarter mile carrying all the kit needed.

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
            I’ve been up for about 2 hrs. Had a cuppa, done the crossword, now thinking about putting up the new rotary clothesline. This means digging a hole and using postcrete. It can’t be that difficult can it? I think I’ll have another tea and think about it a bit more.

Oh, good morning all.
            Janie, did you know you can get screw in holders for rotarys? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Groun.../dp/B00JI2OMY6
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Son in Law brought compost yay
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                I'm growing hardly anything but my hair
                MrPots is doing a fine job of cutting my hair he’s even stopped saying ‘you do have a hat don’t you’ I think if my hair was straight any mistakes would have been noticeable. You never know Flo MrFlo might be ok with the scissors.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                  Afternoon all. Had my first click & collect slot early today and it was nice to actually get out and drive somewhere after so much isolation. As soon as I got home I cancelled the deivery I managed to get with Tesc0s and got another C&C with JS. they are closest to me and where I normally shop but only manged to register with them last week. Joy, proper rolled oats instead of mushy powdery porage oats!

On the back of that, went and checked my bees, and found the farmer has unlocked the gates again, so I could drive up instead of having to walk a quarter mile carrying all the kit needed.

Janie, did you know you can get screw in holders for rotarys? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Heavy-Groun.../dp/B00JI2OMY6
                  In the end that’s what I used. However, I have another dilemma. The main pole came in three pieces. The bit in the ground with a cap (not used), a pole about 2ft long that fits into it and then the main pole with the line on. The main pole was slightly squashed so I had to use a hammer to put it over the next bit. There is no way those two bits are ever going to part again. When I tried to raise the line I couldn’t as part of it is the wrong side of the pole. There are two solutions to this. I either take the pole apart again (impossible) or find a way of putting the main part as high as it will go, holding it there and unthreading and retreading the line.

I’ve come indoors for a glass of wine and a think about it.
                  "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

• The glass of wine has helped. I’ll turn it upside down so it stays open, then I can unthread it.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Well done Janie where there's a will there`s a way when you have a problem you sometimes get the answer when you walk away from it and do something else
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• good evening there have been a number of showers today so didn't get a lot of work done though I did get my shelves made so happy with that, tomorrow I will collect any bricks and stones that may be about the garden and start making up the area where one of the huts sat, originally you had to step up into the hut then I put slabs down and had raised them about six inches so now need to level it off, when deciding on replacing the huts it seemed a simple exercise still it keeps me busy, if I wasn't doing that OH would be wanting upstairs painted shes not content with me clearing everything out she has to find something else for me to do and I have a strong dislike of painting right away to have a read catch you tomorrow

Comment

• Evening, what a long day, alarm went off at 05.00 am breakfast and on the river bank set for a 06.00 am start, hooked and lost a Sea trout and that was it for the day except for wee Salmon Parr that grabbed a fly meant for it's Grandma. There must have been a lot of rain in the Glens as the river suddenly started getting noisier and higher at around 06.00 pm, that is a good thing as it means the fish will run up the river from the sea. However as it was the colour of drinking chocolate instead of the normal peat stained tea without the milk colour, I'm home instead of fishing all night. Quick check of the garden and all looks well as it's been overcast and drizzling most of the day.

Comment

• Good night all.
                            It was a pretty miserable day here.
                            Cloud and drizzle.
                            Not much garden related, just tied in some tomato plants.
                            Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot and sunny already. Wash your mouth out Bren Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning All

Clear blues and sunny might dig a serving of Charlottes today

Enjoy your day
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X