Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday I'm on leave today so typically the sun has gone and it's dull, hot and humid. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Watching the big fat raindrops and 3 baby rats running around and under the shed so there must be a nest I've paid to get rid 3 times over the last 2 years to get rid of them, but they come back and it puts me off working in the garden. Sickening Sorry to moan but I don't know what to do about them.
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Afternoon all,late up today,fairy coming soon,hope she has more energy than me ,have been sooo laaaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzeeeeeee,i am behind on the washing being ready to iron,at lest is all quiet on the western front as they say,now shshhhhhshshsh LD,go empty dish washer and reload,is only the narrow sort,might get cake cooking in a bit,just simple without cream and freeze,you know ready to go sort,just a few mins in the mic and it is ready to go again,RARY we get the message lad,your a full red blood male,have a good day all and stay safe with everything U do,
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Temps climbing now, just been for our once a month trip into the village to get medicines from the chemist and then eggs from the Croft on the way home, 20 degrees is more than enough thankyou turn the thermostat down a bit will you.

Comment

• Hot, hot, hot outside. Agree on the suncream, LD, it just makes me feel sweaty and uncomfortable. Best thing is to stay indoors in the shade. Glad you had a great weekend.

No builders here today. Back on Monday.

Trying to work but no internet connection till just now and need to do lots of research, so better get on with it.

Have a lovely afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Rain has stopped play
              Northern England.

Comment

• Just come in from a day on the lotty. Storm clouds are banking up now, it's very sticky and there's the odd rumble of thunder. A couple of glasses of water then I reckon it's time for a cold beer
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Looks like our rain is due any second....My arms are shredded to bits from picking gooseberries

Remind me next time to ONLY buy thrornless goosegog bushes

I think I may join you Bones with a glass of white

* cheers!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I keep skulking/reading in this thread but I 'm sticking my head above the parapet to post eventually. I can't believe the storm we've just had. Lumps of ice dropping from the sky big enough to put in my gin and tonic and I never knew I had an alarm on the car until the weather set it off. Only half an hour beforehand the sky was blue and I put some washing out.....now dripping.

Comment

• Afternoon, the thunderstorm didn’t last long around 10 mins we did have hailstones same as greenishfing though. Back to bright sunshine now.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all,hot hot hot again,we were due for storms,but only got hotter,am glad we not had them ice marbles,still remember those a few years ago ,yep Snoop,best place is indoors,fill your hotties with cold water,it is lovely,better than a fan,especially at night,you wake up with warm water in it,it is odd outside,all sounds are differing and louder,just hope a storm does NOT arrive in the night ,poor you Nicos,just wish we could have windows open like daytime,but we are on 1 level,and could not settle,enjoy the evening,am off to chill again
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Weather perked up again but I've managed to get 3 horsefly bites. 2 are fine , one got a vein on the back of my leg...which is weird as chatting to the postman this morning, he was telling me he got bit on a vein.
                          I'm now black and blue .

Storm.arrived just as we were bbqing . Sunny again now and it has cleared the air. No hailstones though.
                          Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenishfing View Post
                            I keep skulking/reading in this thread but I 'm sticking my head above the parapet to post eventually. I can't believe the storm we've just had. Lumps of ice dropping from the sky big enough to put in my gin and tonic and I never knew I had an alarm on the car until the weather set it off. Only half an hour beforehand the sky was blue and I put some washing out.....now dripping.
                            Wow!... brill

Comment

• Welcome to the Chatback thread, greenishfing.

We've had hail this evening too, only tiddlers in comparison. No big ones please till the garage is finished...

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                                just been listening to the 7am bells from both nearby villages -lovely!

We now have lots of sploshy stuff but it looks like the heat has zapped a couple of squash plants -I'll try and buy a few more to replace them.

greenishfing-I saw photos on the news this morning of those massive hailstones!....I hope you were running around the garden holding a gin and tonic trying to catch some?
                                I hope neighbour's greenhouses were ok?
                                I've only ever seen them that size when we were caught driving in a storm in Italy and had to hide under a bridge. There were cars with dents in their bonnets and roofs !
                                Oh...and stop lurking.....keep chatting with us -everyone is welcome!
                                Last edited by Nicos; 27-06-2020, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X