Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About ten minutes after my last post it started chucking it down. Light rain/drizzle now.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning, its raining here so I went to the supermarket in the car instead of taking my trolley, I'm sure it takes longer to drive and park up. Anyway home again armpitted my GH toms but that's it for gardening today I think.
      Make the best of your day
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Pleasant morning here, bit of sun and a lot of cloud, no breeze, bet it won't stay like it for long, grass will need cutting again and there's the last of the old apple tree stumps to shift, better get the safety gear on as the chain saw will be required. Stay safe all and enjoy the day.

Comment

• Good morni g all.
          Sunny with some cloud around but its dry.
          Off out to walk 8n the park as rain is forecast for later in the day.
          Hoping to get some gardening done later.
          Enjoy your day and stay safe.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all.

Housework done and off shopping soon.

I large plant to shift to the front garden later and if it stays dry I will probably play with my chainsaw. I'm impressed with the way my wildflower meadow is looking at the top of the garden and I find even the grass flower heads are decorative. Deffo one of my better ideas and the bees are loving it.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
              Bit Autumnal ain't it?
              ( well - it is here!)

My outdoor tomatoes are finally starting to flower!...thing is 'he who shalln't be named' accidentally jumbled up the seedlings and their labels so I'm not quite sure what I have growing!!!!!
              Looks like it is 2gardeners delight and 17 pineapple tomatoes...I was hoping it was the other way round! The flowers (and plants) do look very, very different.

We had the roofer over yesterday and, weather permitting, he's going to sort out a leak in the roof tomorrow . Can't normally tell there is a problem -it depends on the wind direction. Bit dangerous cos when it does pour in it puddles on the wooden staircase!
              And yes-he wore a mask!... good lad

I was planning on going shopping today but decided to put it off another week -we can make do .

Cor blimey Bones!... that was an early start!!!- bet it was lovely?!!

Have fun playing with your chainsaws Burnie and Snadge! -it's one of my OHs favourite boyztoyz

See ya later peeps...

Last edited by Nicos; 02-07-2020, 09:21 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Bet you see loads more butterflies too Snadge?- that's what we noticed when we created ours.

Comment

• Afternoon, all.

Hot again. Thunderstorms forecast for this afternoon and evening. One forecast says not much rain, the other says a lot. Hope the first one is right as a load of concrete is being poured on the garage roof, which is pitched...

Anyway, not much news. Still deaf in one ear, that's four weeks now. Still got lots of work to do. Got one cat and one dog for company down in the basement. Much cooler and quieter down here than up near where the builders are hard at it.

So, on with the show. Catch you later. Have a good one meanwhile.

Comment

• Morning all.

Still dry here. It got very overcast and heavy earlier, but now I can see blue sky between the clouds. Went out for an early walk, then made some hummus with yellow split peas for lunch.

My blood donor session on Sunday has been changed from the local school to a venue (Holiday Inn) within a stone's throw of the lockdown boundary, so with regret I've cancelled it.

Hopefully I can reschedule it later and safer.
                    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Afternoon all,we only JUST in the red line Mothhawk,the worst areas are over the eastern side,we have to be extra,extra careful,have read the cops are going to be looked at,as to why they ignored several things,ho hum hum ,am of to look at the web now,am highly considering a dress form,my head is heading back to my roots,have lots of fabric ext ext,have a good day and stay safe,please remember,it cannot travel over the net,so am safe hahaha.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• It never really stopped raining/drizzling today so no gardenning. This afternoon I got the sewing machine out and made 4 cloth face masks. The first 2 were flowery, but I realised there wasn't a cat in hells chance my husband would wear one, so did a couple of non-flowery ones. I'll keep them in the car.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                          We had a lovely sunny day even though rain had been forecast.
                          An hours walk in the park then sat in the rose garden.

Spent the afternoon in the garden and greenhouse.
                          Potted 6 tomato armpits into their final pots.
                          Tied in the tomatoes, and cut the bottom leaves off,
                          Gave them all a feed of tomirite.
                          The peppers are starting to ripen.

Off to make the dinner now.
                          Have a good evening all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening
                            Not sure where the day went , washing was out being a nice warmer day . Havnt been able to say that recently.
                            Nipped to.local GC for mums plants. Some were looking a bit dismal but got her what was required.
                            Home for dogs walk .
                            Tomorrows forecast and day after look rubbish again.
                            Off to bed . Sleep well.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                              Early start for me - just incase the roofer arrives at stupido'clock.fr
                              I did ask for an approx time and he shrugged...oh well!
                              Good thing is that it's not raining, nor windy!

Time for a cuppa me thinks......and get a washerload on the go....

Comment

• Good Morning Nicos and All and Happy Friday Dull but warm here again. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X