Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some firewood has landed. More due later this week. That has improved my mood.

Comment

• Good evening its been a dreich day today, the fog hasn't lifted at all had intended getting into the garden after church but to wet, so went to a GC for a coffee and cream scone and while there I bought more seeds I really need to stop buying them, the only good thing about today's purchases is that they were half price, I think I will go out to the greenhouse for a wee while as I have nothing to read nor anything to watch on TV. Enjoy your week and keep happy
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
        Probably about time I did the washing up. It's Mr Snoop's job, but seeing as I didn't cook last night (neither did he), I can hardly claim chef's privileges.
        Thanks for that wee snippet Snoop, I cooked the tea this evening and OH is moaning about me not cleaning up as I go along, but as I don't clean up once I am finished I doubt if I will clean up as I go along
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Really lazy Sunday for me, done a bit of tv catching up this afternoon and cooked a lovely pork and sage roast. To be served in 15 minutes.
          Hope you all have had a lovely day
          Ps, we had a little spell of sun this morning, not for long though
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• A bit dreich here also early on but it did brighten up. I spent a while in the greenhouse potting on some onions. My elderly Aunt has ended up back in hospital so we had a trip in to see her. She's ok but her carer found her stuck in the passage behind the front door yesterday. She was seeing a cat and a dog which weren't there but this apparently caused by a urine infection. Only home a couple of weeks since a similar episode. Between her ladyship's old folks and my aunt we're not having much time to do our own stuff these days but needs must,

On subject of needs, I think we have a bottle of red

Comment

• Evening all,what a lovely day,i did have a hat on to protect the old ears,got some weeding done,also made some decitions of change to the garden,i realy miss the grow barn now the plot has gone,so i have ordered a poly for home,but to house it i have to move the girls,so they hopefully are getting a new modern home,as soon as the shop opens,enjoy your evening and Bgood2yrselves. i am,spending money
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Toasty in here, I left the heating on by mistake! Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
                  Toasty here too with the woodfire burning all night
                  Nice innit?

Must get the last of the daff bulbs planted in window tubs today and motivate myself to go swimming.
                  Feels strange going downstairs to no more Xmas decorations
                  Ah well...time to crack on with normality again!

See ya later peeps...kettle's on, help yrselves.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                    i am,spending money
                    Ultimately, that's what it's for. So good on you. Hope you get lots of pleasure from your new acquisitions.

All chilly on the eastern front. Due to be cold and cloudy for a lot of this week. So double whammy. New firewood is burning a treat. Olive wood, which I love for cooking with. And some good sized pieces for pizza. Diet off again for at least one day this week!

Have a jolly time, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all, toasty indoors here too. Not ventured out yet.
                      Few domestics this morning, then work this afternoon.
                      Have a great day all
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning g all.
                        A bit dull this morning but its dry.
                        Going to walk to the library this morning g to return some books.
                        Hope to get out to the greenhouse in the afternoon.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornings!
                          Warmer outside this morning so feeling warmer inside as well. Very grey though, so lights are on.
                          AS it's mild, I feel like I should make the effort to do something on the plot. mmm housework needs doing though......
                          Have a good'un whatever you're doing.

Comment

• Can’t be too cold today as it’s only the comments above that made me realise I haven’t turned the heating back on yet.

Well, this is the first day back to normal. All the neighbours visitors seem to have left and I can park my car within a reasonable distance from the house.

I don’t know where to start. I haven’t been at home for most of the last 2 weeks and when I was I seem to have created chaos and left again. Kitchen I think. I usually start at the top and work down, this time it’ll have to be kitchen and work up as I need to clear surfaces and machines ready for use.

I’d rather do the digging that is beckoning me but I need room and clean equipment to feed myself. First another cuppa.
                            Last edited by JanieB; 07-01-2019, 10:30 AM.
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon, feeling a bit bubbly today so thought I'd pop in and cheer myself up! It's a wee bit windy out today but so mild. Hope you are all well. Off to do a quick catch up...see you soon!
                              sigpic

Comment

• afternoon all,hi Jay,hope you are getting cheered up,
                                The ploy is 4m x 3.5 m,poles are 35mm,is more like a shed,with a hinged door 1 end and a zip the other,plus side vents,and shoulder high sides,it will get well secured,plus is already protected on 2 sides,i can then start of some bedding plants ext,the new coop will go in the greenhouse for now,untill i get the old one dismantled,and resized for new area,then i will have a place to house future new hens,until they are friends,most of the day has been spent on the web looking,as the 1 i was having cannot be got hold of,their loss my gain,
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 07-01-2019, 04:20 PM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X