This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely horse sparrow!
    Mine (Fergus) is a TB X Irish Draught so not as heavy build as yours.
    He'll be 28 this month.
    Sadly he's almost completely deaf
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      Lovely horse sparrow!
      Mine (Fergus) is a TB X Irish Draught so not as heavy build as yours.
      He'll be 28 this month.
      Sadly he's almost completely deaf
      I didn't know you had one! 28's very good going for a biggun. He sounds lovely though...any pictures?
      http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Might just nip into the garden centre on the way back home!
        Maybe better not. I predict a new car battery is on the horizon.

Comment

• Nice picture, and lovely horse sparrow
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, just went a wee run this morning to get petrol so had a bit of lunch while out, then back home and back into removing the shrubs so that I can get some raspberries planted, I was using a boche shredder but felt it wasn't shredding the material suitably so dragged out my old elko shredder which is more than 20 years old and it worked a lot better, the boche is fine for general garden waste but for heavier work the old one is far better, I see some of you girls are talking diets again, I can recommend the rary diet, where you can eat anything you like, just don't swallow, pass on that smile Goodnight,
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
              I didn't know you had one! 28's very good going for a biggun. He sounds lovely though...any pictures?
              Will have a look.
              He now lives with my daughter in the Lakes with his companion horse which is a logging pony.
              We bought him rising 5 so he's been a part of our family for years!

Comment

• Ooooh I never said, I managed another couple of hours at the plot today. Just forking horrible hedge nettle out of my tunnel again but the worst of that is now done

Comment

• Morning all!

Is everyone having a lie in? I've just to finish my cuppa and then I'm off to the plots. Reps meeting with council, this week, so need to chat to see if there are any probs that need reporting.
                  Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning All

Soon to be off to the plots, I have a number of fence posts to erect and need to let the rat catcher in

Enjoy your day

Comment

• Good morning...wheres everybody?
                      Nice morning 8degs.
                      Off to mass shortly and no other plans so far.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                        I'm here Bramble!
                        Very late start for me..was going to go for a quick swim but that allocated time has gone - have to go tomorrow now instead.

Decorations down today then a 'quick' spring clean
                        Need to dig out the 'very urgent' list I hid Xmas eve And crack on with some of them.

Today is 12th Night.
                        Anyone going to do a bit of wassailing?
                        As I' m off the booze at the moment , I might just go and hug each of the fruit trees instead
                        Ya never know...it might do wonders for this year's crop!

Comment

• Was out and about - horse done, and just finished building the wassailing bonfire at the plots. We kick off at 3pm. Music, singing to trees, threatening trees, burning trees...nice way to spend an evening!

Someone pruned my quince (badly) without asking me. It will get a special wassail to comfort it. This is either good or bad depending on your opinion of my caterwauling.

Happy 12th night one and all!
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• I'm back - had my chat with plot-holders, nothing too bad to report, thankfully and erected 2 more posts for soft fruit wires.
                            Cuppa soup and a sandwich to warm me up, now.

Comment

• Slow start here. No show on the firewood. Harrumph.

Especially as I'm already burning some of our diminishing stocks to bake yet more bread (only small loaves, honest.).

Overnight temperature a bit warmer, but still a decent frost this morning. Mr Snoop consoling me for my lack of decent logs but making an assortment of kindling and thick sticks. I'm indoors tending the bread and about to do a bit of work. Probably about time I did the washing up. It's Mr Snoop's job, but seeing as I didn't cook last night (neither did he), I can hardly claim chef's privileges.

Have a lovely Sunday afternoon, everyone.

Comment

• Prevening All Freezing cold here, but not literally. Hope you've all enjoyed your Sunday
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X