Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening everyone, hope you’ve all had a good day.
    We had lovely sunshine but blooming cold.
    Got in to the craft room at long last and made a start this morning finally. I forget how long it takes me to do them, anyway managed 10 and delivered them to the Charity Shop this afternoon.
    Got into the cooking just after four. Made a lovely bolognaise sauce, plenty left over for the freezer.
    Let’s hope I’m as organised tomorrow
    Have a nice evening
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Evening all. Been nice and dry all day and muchly warmer than yesterday. A top up shop for the inlaws before back to normal next week. If it's nice tomorrow I'll get a while at the plot. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Spent all day at the stable as my wally of a horse has twanged his shoulder trying to impress the ladies next door. Swaddled him in fluffy rugs and left him out to mooch.

I'm making the biggest vat of vegan chilli to last me a week or so, and it's PLOT TIME tomorrow! Can't wait. First on the list is attacking the hedge and bringing it back to a sane height. Cuttings to go on the wassailing bonfire Sunday afternoon.
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
          Having to fast this morning for blood tests...and I'm huuuungry
          Actually, Tis me morning brew I'm really missing.
          Appointment at 11.30

*stomach gurgles a tad more....

I did wonder if they'd be done on a Saturday...hope they've not got it wrong!

*gurgle gurgle....
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Can I smell bacon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Can I smell bacon?
              Yes

Morning just a bit of a read then I'm of out for the day.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, no bacon here Nicos, yoghurt and fruit cause we’re on a diet dont cha know
                Reading the vine whilst my blueberries warm up a bit.
                Work this afternoon, have a good day folks
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornings!
                  No breakfast here, gone back to 16/8 fasting so will eat brunch at about 11 and yes, I will have a bacon roll then - as it 's Saturday
                  Weather is grey and grotty, so don't think I'll be outside much, maybe just a wander to the plots to see what's what. Mainly just for some fresh air and exercise, I feel like I'm seizing up lately.

Have a good'un whatever you're up to

Comment

• Diet not going too well here, toast and butter for breakfast. Only one slice and a small one at that but still... Homemade bread and couldn't resist.

This morning is absolutely freezing. Mr Snoop has gone to the shops, leaving me to walk the dogs. But only one of the three is prepared to venture out. Quarter to eleven here and everything is still white. Forgot to ask Mr Snoop to buy me a max-min thermometer. Due to warm up in the next day or so and then temps will plummet again later next week.

Another good reason for not walking the dogs is the firewood man is due to come some time, and if the dogs hear someone near the house while we're out, they'll come rushing back. The man's son often comes but is absolutely terrified of one of our dogs. So better if son and dog don't come into contact. Understand totally the son's reaction: the dog concerned is our softest, but he looks like a tall, slightly skinny rottie and must weigh getting on for 50 kilos. People look at him and jump to the wrong conclusion about him.

Not much other news. Will be measuring up what was once my winter veg patch but is now my terrace veg patch, as it'll have plenty of summer veg in too. Then I can get planning. All this talk of celeriac on another thread has made me think yet again about where everything is going to go. The one good thing about this online veg planner is that things can easily be changed. Then, when I've got it more or less how I think it should be (barring contingencies), I'll transfer it to paper with notes about when. Still a paper and pen kind a gal.

Edited to add: Have a lovely day, everyone.
                    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 05-01-2019, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• Still gurgling....

Fortunately we are an hour ahead so I'm off out in a sec.
                      I shall no doubt be posting on rant thread if they don!t take bloods on Saturdays! I did ask and was told they do.....

Comment

• Good morning all.
                        Lovely sunny morning g here and its 6deg.
                        Off to pitch and putt and it's a perfect day for it with not a breeze about.
                        NICOS, yes you did smell bacon, we had some with our egg, mushrooms and tomatoes.
                        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning,not long out of bed as we both decided to have a long lie in, just finished breakfast and looking out the window its dull but dry at present don't know what we will do today as I have all the seeds I need, I definitely need to cut back on buying seeds I cleared out a couple of years ago and again I have a large surplus of them. Well enjoy your day and smile
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Nicos - no bacon here, but some lovely scramble and toast with an enormous cup of coffee....nom!

Oiling the loppers before they get put to some fairly drastic work. Hope you un-seize soon Thelma.

I'm getting my pen and paper out too, time to start planning for the coming season. Horse gets 2-3 beds of carrots, 'snips, swede which will make him bug-eyed with happiness and my wallet that small bit heavier. And my bingo-wings smaller as I think I will be digging for most of this month...

ETA Gratuitous pic of horse so you can see quite how much hairy beastie I have to feed:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Archie in new yard.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	2381945
                            Last edited by sparrow100; 05-01-2019, 11:16 AM.
                            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Good morning all,looks dry outside,not long up,no lie ins here,just get up when awake,no matter if it is nearly lunch time ,nice pic Sparrow,have a good day all.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I'm baaaack
                                No need to post on rant thread after all

Apparently I have wonderful vessels...that's the first time anyone has said that to me

Results emailed on Monday/Tuesday. Service with a smile eh?

Just munched my way through a large bowl of fruit salad and live yog. Mmmm....

Decision made...my car battery is sulking so needs a run...so...off to buy several 'pound shop' type specs to leave around the house.
                                Also a wall calendar large enough to write on.
                                Might just nip into the garden centre on the way back home!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X