• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^^^brill news!
    How exciting
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ooh Snoop - another house!! What are your plans for it?

Comment

• Good Morning All Congratulations Snoop, more hard work for you, but so worth it for a good plan Chilly out. Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning, a cold but bright start, hope you all can take advantage of the good weather
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning, cold and bright here also, fingers are crossed for another lovely day
            Back to work this morning, and back to cooking tonight. Was nice having the day off yesterday.
            Have a good day folks
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning it looks like we're in for anther day of sunshine once all the frosts gone.

Congrats on signing Snoop are you doing a photo diary as the work progresses ?
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lovely start to the day. Mr Snoop at the computer so I went to stand in the sun with a cup of tea to admire the frost down in the shade. Birds singing up and down the valley and a woodpecker tapping on the other side, when a peregrine falcon comes dipping over the treeline. We had three Bonelli's eagles in the sky recently, a pair and another trying to get in on the act. The pair had been about a couple of weeks or so and it looked like they were thinking of nesting in our valley, but they seem to have moved on, presumably to better grounds. They certainly didn't seem bothered by our presence and were quite happy to circle overhead, inspecting the chickens. Sad in one respect that they've gone, but doubtless we'd have been very worried for the chickens and the cats. Two of our cats have already had encounters with big birds and they're now getting on in years so might not have survived another.

Plans for the second house, VC, are short-term and long-term. Short-term: storage and a place for all the things people in the civilised world take for granted, like a washing machine. We weren't very realistic when we moved here: we had a big flat and two offices (Mr Snoop's office included a library) and brought all our stuff with us. Weather catastrophes forced us to move it all into our current home, which has made it very difficult to do building works. So, a lot of our stuff will go into the new place while we're getting sorted here. Long-term plans are to get the new place done up for our old age when it becomes difficult for us to stay where we are. It's perfectly situated: short walk all on the flat to the doctor's and shops and just a couple of doors from the old people's club, plus a little terrace for sitting out and looking at the mountains and for a couple of tomato plants or so.

Edited to add: Mr Snoop takes photos as work progresses, Bren, but it's not a diary as such. It would make depressing reading, at the moment anyway, as progress has been extremely slow so far!
                Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-02-2019, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Mornings!
                  Was cold enough for a touch of frost overnight but up to 7C now, lovely and sunny again - so off to the plots when it warms up a bit
                  Have a good'un!

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Congrats on signing Snoop are you doing a photo diary as the work progresses ?
                  That would be really interesting to see

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                    Cats done and just having a late breakfast, waiting for the frost to thaw then evaporate so we can cut the field.
                    The last of the unseasonal days apparently.
                    Need to press on with a few domestics in the mean time...
                    See ya later...
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      It was a beautiful sunny morning earlier but the most rolled in and spoiled it.
                      Its beginning to clear a little.
                      Off out to the park for my morning walk.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just ventured out for my first trip post op, drove 4 miles to doc's to deliver note from surgeon, put the lotto on and drove back. Walked no more than a couple of hundred yards and I'm wiped out, siesta time in the conservatory I think, watching my leeks grow.

Comment

• Take it easy Burnie, even keyhole surgery takes a toll on you, I wish you a speedy recovery
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Snoop, I wish to put my name forward to house sit for you, evidently if it's for the two of you when you get older it will just be a short term stay but just to let you know I am willing to do it

Comment

• I note that on an other thread VC has made a remark about it going as expected off in a tangent, I was going to suggest that as a Mod she could send a message to the person responsible for going off at a tangent, but then realised most of the messages would be going to herself

Comment

• Rary, I'll let you know when the house is suitable for guests. Could be a while yet though at the rate we've been going.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X