Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning and a happy new year, the washing on the line and soon I'll be sowing my first seeds of the year.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Good morning all,the only plan today is,tidy up from last night with friends,we ended up just table grazing and chatting,the time just flew,no cooking today as it's sitting in the fridge,remember to B good 2yrselves,as well as others.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Athurnoon and Happy New Year peeps!

Guess who crawled in at 4am
        Fortunately I was driving so only had 1/2 glass champers at midnight.
        Boy oh boy...where has today gone?????
        I think I might now know where most of my teenage years went!

Quiet day for us...going to phone/email friends and relatives again...I like this idea of having a great chatter instead of sending cards!

Hibou is still sleeping off her late night too (having refused to come in at 8pm...she was sat on my car roof tapping at her watch when we eventually rolled up!) te he.

Good idea rary...great idea for a resolution...must mention it to my OH!

See ya later peeps...
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Happy New Year everyone, hope heads aren't too sore.

Seed sowing plans went out the window this afternoon - minor car accident which made me a bit shaky (I was stopped at lights) so am sitting at home with a brandy after doing horse very slowly.

New Year's Resolution includes going to the plots 3x/week to get them back under control. The first chance for that is the weekend, as long as my car can get in for a check over tomorrow.
          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
            Interesting, Rary. Perhaps I should agree to agree more with Mr Snoop. Would certainly make for a more peaceful 2019 and he is right more often than I am (not that I am ever saying that out loud).
            Of course HE is Snoop
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Good evening, it has been a dry day today, a bit cold but a good day to get some gardening work done, sowed some onion seeds, then dug out a trench to fill with all the kitchen waste I had sitting in a brown refuse bin, I want to plant my trombos into this so now its buried in the ground it hopefully will have rotted down by mid June which is when I hope to plant the trombos, I think I will find out if they grow as far north as this when the summer is not as warm as last summer, I am quite sure they stopped growing when it cooled down in August hope I am wrong as it is a good plant to have in the garden.
              Just back in from a walk with the dog and it was a nice clear sky and the stars looked fantastic, now sitting nursing sore knees, I will have to think on how I can create good conditions for the trombos, peas and beans without having to dig as much, I plant them in my flower garden as, if in the raised beds they would be too high to reach, so that gives me something to think on
              Enjoy the rest of the week, those who are unfortunate that they are back to work tomorrow, remember its a short week the rest just be grateful that it isn't us having to go to work, and pass on a smile
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Evening all and HNY to anyone I haven't yet said it to.. Nicos, dirty stop out . Hope you had a lovely time though. We stayed in and headed to bed at 1.00am. Telly was crud .

Today I sowed some red onions. Red Amposta nd Red Baron. Otherwise apart from cooking dinner, it's been a real lazy day.

Comment

I’d just like to say......

Happy New growing year to you all.

I mowed the lawn today.

Back to work tomorrow.
                  Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Good Morning All Hi Ho! I'm hoping to take Friday off so l can put Christmas back in the loft. Haircut as well today, busy busy. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Mornin Flon'all
                      I was just thinking how dark it still is.
                      Checked on a sunrise/sunset site and we are only getting sunrise 3minutes earlier than on the shortest day which was nearly 2weeks ago! Can't get my head around that one.

Hoping to do some sorting of old Christmas decorations myself Flo...remove ones I don't want anymore and repair those which do. I have quite a few wooden ones so best find my UHU!
                      Will offer to my kids first (memories) then the rest can go to charity.

See ya later...kettle's on

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                        Of course HE is Snoop
                        I've met plenty of HEs who are never right. So I reckon it's more what goes on upstairs than elsewhere.

Hope your trombos do well. I was jealous at your success last year. My impression was that they didn't like the heat here, as I didn't do very well in comparison with most of you. They're still on my list though.

Right, perishing cold here. Have just come back from walking the dogs. Rock hard ground everywhere. And there was me planning my overwintering carrots last night. Might have to rethink that. Will experiment with some but may not go for a carrot empire after all!

Have a good day everyone, work or no work. Soon be the weekend.
                        Last edited by Snoop Puss; 02-01-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

Good morning all.
                          A very dull start to the day.
                          Nothing yet planned for the day so will take it as it comes.
                          Have a good one whatever your doing.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Am sorting things for a charity bag today...I may be some time!

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post

Seed sowing plans went out the window this afternoon - minor car accident which made me a bit shaky (I was stopped at lights) so am sitting at home with a brandy after doing horse very slowly.

New Year's Resolution includes going to the plots 3x/week to get them back under control. The first chance for that is the weekend, as long as my car can get in for a check over tomorrow.
                              Hi Sparrow. Hope you are ok. Even a minor bash is upsetting and scary. Take care.

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post

I was shunted from the back a few years back now whilst I was looking sidewise to make sure there was no traffic coming as I exited a filling station. The impact was directly on to my tow bar so not cushioned by the bumper. I ended up with a bad whiplash injury and whereas I was compensated for that, I had a year and a halfs misery with pain and had to attend a physiotherapist for most of that time.

I hope you haven't sustained that type of injury but if you are feeling pain at all, get yourself down to the Doctor. I only went to my Doctor initially because over the counter pain killers weren't even marking the pain never mind masking it.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X