This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornings!
    Own up - who switched off spring? It's cool, wet and windy out there - horrid.
    It'll have to be housework, including some ironing and a book/dvd for later then.

Have a good'un

Comment

• Morning, everyone.

Had an unexpected bit of rain this morning. Enough to form puddles. So that's put the kibosh on gardening plans as the ground is really soft and muddy. Ah well, there's always the weekend.

Have a good day meanwhile, everyone.

Comment

• Good morning g all.
        We have light rain here at the moment.
        I wont be gardening g this morning because I am visiting the hairdressers.
        Dont think I the forecast is good for the afternoon but I may work in the greenhouse.
        Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon, after a lot of rain (or so I have been told) overnight it was a nice but cool start this morning and it stayed pleasant up until one o clock when there was a shower of rain no sun back out but a cool wind blowing, watching the boys just now but think I will prepair some micromesh covers for the veg beds tonight as I intend covering all the veg this year as I lost a number of carrots at the back end last year to carrot root fly, which proves that they are about in September and disproves the theory that they dont fly high as my raised bed is 2ft high need to to go daughter's home
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• We have rain!! Not sure if it's enough to douse the wild firs further north and west though.

Comment

• Hi Guys - well I ended up spending 9 hours in the hospital, 9:00 appointment got seen at 10:15 by doctor who wanted Blood Test which I could had done the day before but they would not let me so a 2 hour wait for the results to come back, possibility of being taken in for IV, then they wanted an UriScan but X-Ray dept could not do what they wanted so walk back to AEU unit at the other side of the hospital to let them know as no one would pick the phone up. Saw doctor he arranged x-rays and a orthopaedic surgeon review to see if The lump on my leg needed lancing, when he finally arrived he said no to cutting me open which I'm glad about and also no more antibiotics and to review if there is any reduction of the lump on Monday so I have arranged with AEU to go and give blood Sunday so I don't have another 9 hour day and waiting for 2 hours for bloods to come back before they put me back in the queue to see a doctor to get a determination of what they are going to do next.
              sigpic
              . .......Man Vs Slug
              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Sorry to read about you problems Cad, do hope everything comes ok for you

Well didn't get out to the garden this evening as we finished up with a thunder storm then heavy rain ws going to go out to do some preparatory work but OH moaned about going out in that weather, I think it's time she knows who's boss in the house,,,,,,, well that was a short lived dream it seems it is myself that needs to know, need to go I have to make a cup of tea as a peace offering. Goodnight
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Much cooler. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and anyone else lurk8ng.
                    I have such a sunny start to the day, it’s lovely. Not set to stay past lunchtime though
                    The GG will be with her other nanny and dad until Wednesday, so back to cooking for two
                    Off out to get some bedding plants this morning, let’s get the colour in the front half of the garden.
                    Hav a great day
                    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning Grapes - it was really sunny when I woke up now its overcast here, lots of work to catch up on. My daughter has offered to plant my onions in modules down on the allotment on the weekend as I will have trouble getting up and down to do it and they are worried about me making my leg worse. Its so frustrating that I'm on allotment restricted duties and it is driving me mad.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornings!
                        Quite cool this morning, but quite a lot of blue sky, so not too bad.
                        To my daughter's this morning and then hopefully some more seed sowing this afternoon.
                        Have a good'un

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                          Woken very happy and excited as it's my son's birthday today!!!!! Not a special year but still special
                          So, we are celebrating with croissants etc for breakfast!
                          Looking forward to speaking on the phone later!

Looking sunny at the moment so after a meeting this morning I'm hoping I can spend some time in the potager ( a bit of chook watching is inevitable I'm sure!!!!)

Sorry to hear your frustrations Cad. Annoying as these things can be, it sometimes helps to focus on the good things happening around us ...and be grateful for what we do have compared to other folk.
                          Still frustrating though.

Right...got a meeting to get ready for....breakfast yummingly munched ( diet still on target for starting on Monday!)

See ya later peeps....
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            We had a very wet start to the dsy but it has dried out now.
                            A busy day ferrying my GG to dress rehearsal today and then to the concert tonight.
                            Hope to squeeze in a little gardening g somewhere in between.
                            Have a good day all.
                            Get well soon Cad.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Patience, Cadalot. You'll get better in the end, just don't overdo it and have a setback. Easier said than done, though, I know.

Weather can't make its mind up here today. Bright start but big clouds now. No rain forecast, though.

Getting through work. Slowly but surely. Could do with going a bit quicker though. Due to be windy tomorrow, so might actually manage to get some gardening done if the soil dries out a bit.

Have a good day, everyone. Enjoy your son's birthday, Nicos.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                                Cor...weekend again so soon! I'm sure they didn't come this often when I worked a 'regular ' job!!!
                                Well, it's raining again, so it's going to be a 'pottering' day..need to check out the list of 'urgent indoor things which should have been done weeks ago ' list
                                Have a great weekend peeps.
                                See ya later!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X