Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, it's been a right cold day today, started off having to go up to daughter's to take the boy's to school, she has to leave the house at 8-20 on Friday morning's and and she takes her brother's two on a Friday, this is to let her mum and I get a long lie, its just too early to let the boy's go to school, I was volunteered to go up and watch them then take them to school once back home I went out for a walk with a neighbour and boy was it cold, I think I will need to start wearing a bunnet I had to put the hood of my jacket up then remove my hearing aid as when it restricted all I get is whistling, and my neighbour can do the same thing that Norman Collier did with the sound break in his speech, well I hope he can otherwise my hearing is getting worse, which is quite possible, my OH asks me some time if I am going to sleep or what? and I am getting exhausted as I keep answering what? Enjoy your weekend. Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Just bobbing in.
      Snow flurries yesterday evening but nothing more.
      Talk about a biting northerly wind yesterday though

Hope every one is OK...keep safe on the roads peeps (and pavements!)

See ya again soon -have a great weekend!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all, dull and cold out there
        Yesterday, my outing with a friend turned into a full blown Ikea visit.
        Saw some lovely ideas for the charity shop windows, big changes are afoot.
        Still playing this dieting game, put on 1 1/2 lb last week, must try harder
        Have a lovely day folks and wrap up warm
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornings,
          I said it quietly in case anyone is having a lie-in

Not much happening here today, too cold and miserable here to want to go plotting, that's for sure.

Have a good'un whatever you're up to!
          Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 19-01-2019, 09:27 AM.

Comment

• Morning all. It’s cold, wet and miserable today, so, apart from going out to lunch I think i’m going to stay indoors and do some batch cooking for the freezer which is looking somewhat depleted at the moment.

Laters.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning, a fog has rolled in off the sea, but it may brighten up later, need to go hunting some seed tatties and start chitting in the next week or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                Morning, a fog has rolled in off the sea, but it may brighten up later, need to go hunting some seed tatties and start chitting in the next week or so.
                Mine are well chitted!
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Afternoon All Plan is to bake today, but best laid plans and all that. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Other party cancelled on lunch so just at home drudgery today.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Bad weather coming, so have spent most of the morning sorting out dry firewood for the next few days. You can put your feet up on the sofa but you can't put your shoes under it now. Clouds blowing in already, so glad to have got that out the way.

Not much other news. Dog that had the tumour op still hasn't fully healed. She keeps writhing off the bandage in the night. I can see me going back to sleeping on the sofa so she can sleep on the bed with Mr Snoop. Harrumph and double harrumph.

Anyway, have a great afternoon everyone.

Comment

• Good afternoon,very nippy out there,and heating turned up,extra clothing ext,could winter have started at last,lets get it over and done with,awe poor dog snoop,i have given up makeing plans,apart from,appointments,lifes to short,sorry wrong thread hehehe,stay safe and warm everyone.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• A flipping cold day at work today, one heater gave up. Back door open most of the day. Brrr.
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good evening all.
                            Had a great day playing pitch and putt.
                            Temp got up to 8deg but it was quite a nice afternoon.
                            Home now and it's starting to rain.
                            In for the night.
                            Enjoy the weekend and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. After feeding the birds and giving them some water, I spent some time changing the rear lights on my car trailer over to an LED version. No more lights not working because the bulbs have slipped out of their holders is the aim. Anyway, got one side done. bit scuttery as the existing holes don't match up and I'm having to measure and drill as I go. Gave up just before lunchtime as it turned incredibly cold. It's the best bit of being retired, jobs can be stopped and started again when it suits.

Comment

• The rain has arrived. Apparently it's our first for 35 days. So far 5 mm/litres per square metre. Disappointed, though, as we probably won't get to see the moon for clouds. At least the wood is under cover after yesterday's efforts.

Keep nice and warm and dry, everyone, and have a great day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X