X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All No frost, it's raining. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Went to bed late and there the moon was in all its white shining glory (no red). Got up in time for the eclipse but nothing but clouds (and perishing cold). Shame. Better luck next time (said that the last blood moon). Ah well. Can't win them all.

Mr Snoop off this morning with our papers to see the notary about the retirement home purchase. Me, I'm stuck at the keyboard with seeds stuck in the back of my mind (most uncomfortable). Have decided growing lamb's lettuce all year round is a mug's game here (too hot) and am still wondering do I really need two lots of melon seeds (down from three types, so that's some improvement).

Better go before the brackets get out of hand. Have a great Monday, everyone.

Comment

• Mornings, and a blooming cold one it is as well -5C!
        Unless there's a sudden rise in temperature, I'm not planning on going outside today LOL
        Have a good'un

Comment

• Good morning, a frosty start this morning greenhouse showing 1c though its definitely a bit colder outside, had my porridge so now off to collect the dog and take her a walk, I think the weather is about to change here as the cloud is moving in so keep safe and warm, enjoy your day
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
            Good Morning All No frost, it's raining. Have a good day
            Morning we're sharing the weather today Flo but we did have mist/fog early on though.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
              Dry and dull here with just 2deg temp.
              Some domestics this morning and then out visiting this afternoon.
              Have a good day all and stay warm.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, hard frost here first thing and a glorious sunrise, proper red sky in the morning stuff, there will be grumpy shepherds about somewhere. Clouding over now, chance of snow this week allegedly.

Comment

• Morning, hope you are all well! Same as burnie, hard frost and bright red sunrise here this morning but has now clouded over. Got the heating on it’s so cold!! Have made a pot of soup for lunch, good old comfort food.
                  Off to have a look at what I’ve missed since I last popped in, have a great day all.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Funny how you get a picture of someone when you’ve never met them...Snoop didn’t think you were of age to be buying a retirement property!! Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and it’s a business opportunity?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon all,dry and some sun here,Jay see post's 196 & 203 hope things are well for u and yours,have a good afternoon all.
                      Last edited by lottie dolly; 21-01-2019, 01:06 PM.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                        Funny how you get a picture of someone when you’ve never met them...Snoop didn’t think you were of age to be buying a retirement property!! Or have I got the wrong end of the stick and it’s a business opportunity?
                        Actually, I didn't think I was of retiring age either, but in fact I very nearly am. Have been trying to resolve pensions pre-Brexit (no chance - didn't realise it would take 14 weeks just to do calculations!), but it turns out I start to collect my private pension this year, when I turn 60.

As for the house, it's a tiny place that needs quite a lot of work, but it's in the village, so closer to the doctor's, etc. Good idea for when we can't cope here on our own any longer.

Comment

• Results of a mornings graft(After and before) to get rid of steps allowing wheel chair access to rear door.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190121_131432-1377x2448.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	2382103

Still more to do before concreting but I have had enough for one day.
                          Attached Files
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                            Good evening again, read Snadgers post and its good to see he is learning about housekeeping, now he needs to find out how to avoid it without it being obvious, and unfortunate for you AP evidently your OH doesn't need it for transport or you wouldn't get using, its too cold, as a reason not to get it done, and the best of luck trying to balance out all your transplants, but must find out what these Root Riots are, have tried several GCs in this area but no one has them. Well enjoy your week,take care if you have frost and keep warm, pass on a smile. Goodnight
                            https://www.growthtechnology.com/product/root-riot/ Some info there . They are also available on Fleabay. I managed to buy some locally at an organic/hydroponic shop.

Comment

• Artnoon all.
                              I've been to the dentist for my checkup today. the conversation went like this:-
                              D. Hello, how are you? Looking forward to spring and getting out in the garden again?
                              VC. Fine thanks, Shall I tell you what's on my bedroom windowsill?

(D looks a bit lost for words)

VC. Maybe, I wont 'cos you'll think I'm nuts, ah well, its tomato, cucumber and courgette seedlings.

(D looks relieved and asks if I've grown asparagus)

.........then we get on to my mouth.

He's the first dentist I've been able to talk to - and he lets me skip out of the surgery by telling me there's no work necessary.

Other than that, its been a normal sort of day here - visiting Mum and getting her lunch and doing bits for her. Now I'm home, its cold and getting darker. Just time to fill a seed tray and bring it indoors to sow some seeds this evening.

Hope you're all OK. Its supposed to be Blue Monday today, whatever that means.

Comment

• Good evening still ot our sons with the boys as he has been held up, hopefully they will be in in the next half hour. Thanks AP I see there is a place within the twenty mile radius of me that I can have a look at these Root Raiders, if I think they ere worth buying I might save up an buy some and well done Snadger a great piece of work done there for one day, but you try and get it ready ASAP for the concrete as I think there was a jagger of concrete outside a dentist's today that wasn't used. Need to go sons home
                                Last edited by rary; 21-01-2019, 06:52 PM.
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X