Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are frost free and sort of overcast, no idea what is planned for the day, enjoy what's left of your weekend.

Comment

• Mornings!
      A cold start, 1C but lovely sunshine. So off to the plot in a bit, even if I only drop off the peelings for the compost bin and pick some veg for the next few days.
      My legs need a stretch before they seize up altogether - I must find my gloves though, they've gone into hiding again

Have a good'un

Comment

• Good Morning All First failure with the stand mixer yesterday - ginger tray bake didn't rise and is dry Not sure how long to mix, need advice or a book with specific instructions. On with the Full English now. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo,
          That's just weird - using a stand mixer shouldn't make a cake too dry, it shouldn't matter how you mix it - that's usually due to a bad recipe or 'operator error' on ingredient measurement (been there and done that!)
          I wouldn't be without my mixer, good luck when you try again.

Comment

• Morning Thelma - forgot the milk! I will keep trying - the banana and chocolate muffins aren't bad

Comment

• Good morning g all.
              A dull start to the day but at least its dry.
              Off to church shortly and then heading to B & Q to buy some seed potatoes.
              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning, what a lovely bright start to the day.
                I have mentioned the potato word to hubby, so we too will be paying a visit to buy some soonish
                Got some batch cooking to do today, house chores as always
                Have a good day peeps
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                  Morning Thelma - forgot the milk! I will keep trying - the banana and chocolate muffins aren't bad
                  Hahahaha! .

Comment

• I'm getting very domesticated. Did the washing and two sheets drying on the line in the sunshine The dinner is on the go, leg-o-mince and veg. hoovered the house throughout. scrubbed the living room carpet whree cup of coffee was spilt on it. Mopped the laminate flooring from one end of the house to the other .Washed all the dishes, twice.

Phew, sitting down and having a coffee now.
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Good afternoon all,WELL DONE Snadger,many women do all that and go to work,good luck with the next batch Flo,with a mixer it is easy to forget as you get it all in quicker,dry and a bit warmer here,feel in a lazy mood again,have a good afternoon and Bgood2yrselves.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I'm sticking to the hand method for muffins - the chocolate raspberry ones are rubbish

Comment

• Actually they're not bad, I've just tasted one!

Comment

• Evening all. had a few showery spells during the day. Enough to keep me away from finishing the lighting upgrade on my trailer.

I've been potting onions on these last few days as it's been getting harder and harder to keep them watered in their existing pots especially those started off in Root Riots. Although the germination rates with the Root Riots were spectacular, I won't be using them again because of the watering issue.

Potting things up brings issues with bench space in the greenhouses and in the heated growbench. My own fault for growing so much.

Comment

• Good evening its been a cold but dry day ther was a wee shower when I was at church but nothing after that, though it did take a while for the sun to come through, OH and I went out for a coffee then OH waited in the car while I went a walk along the shore and though it was very cold I enjoyed the exercise, once back home I made the tea then out to the greenhouse while she watched one of those programs where everybody seems to try to make more noise than anyone else now having a cup of tea then a book
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening again, read Snadgers post and its good to see he is learning about housekeeping, now he needs to find out how to avoid it without it being obvious, and unfortunate for you AP evidently your OH doesn't need it for transport or you wouldn't get using, its too cold, as a reason not to get it done, and the best of luck trying to balance out all your transplants, but must find out what these Root Riots are, have tried several GCs in this area but no one has them. Well enjoy your week,take care if you have frost and keep warm, pass on a smile. Goodnight
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X